Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

Some of you may have noticed...

Old 12-22-2008, 12:18 AM
The_Lost_Otter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some of you may have noticed...

Me hardly being on RCU any more. Im kind of done with the car part of the hobby, and even drifting from the plane part. If you must know why, Ive grown up? Ive also gotten into Photography and Videography, ride BMX and am racing for a career now. Ill be sure to say hello, post pictures of rc cars from the big nationals, and still try to give some advice. With this internship I scored I get to travel all over. Hell the boss said we will go to France, Italy, Canada and tons of states in the US just to film. So if you ever want to chill, give me a shout.

Ill keep one car, and just build micro planes. Problem is I will hardly drive the car and fly the planes. Girlfriend, Highschool, and motocross take all my free time up now.
Old 12-22-2008, 12:47 AM
Dice41
Banned

Default RE: Some of you may have noticed...

as long as u dont take after stevie ray vaughan and jimi hindrix, you should do well, good luck holmes
Old 12-22-2008, 02:24 AM
Longhair

Nothing wrong with living life.

Slow down, take it all in and enjoy it.
Old 12-22-2008, 10:04 AM
Mr. Mugen

If you slow down you will lose the race....

Holeshots or busts! I won every race where I got the holeshot........ Won even more when I didn't...

Good to hear your not a slouch! Way to go man...keep up the good work! Get pics of the races (MX) and post them in the off topic if ya would.

Kevin
Old 12-22-2008, 01:06 PM
The_Lost_Otter

Kevin right now the racing is a lie.

Out of a full gate there are only a few kids with stock bikes maybe say 5? Every one else has motors modded to hell.
Old 12-22-2008, 03:01 PM
annie_himself

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't feel bad, I did the same, but the possible opening of a nearby track may spark the flame again.
Old 12-24-2008, 09:53 AM
SpikeX

I have been in a very similar situation to you. I never use my R/Cs any more, as I'm into mountain biking (specifically downhill and freeride) and I've also started to race. Funnily enough I have also gotten into videography and photography, and I am in the process of making a Downhill / Freeride movie with a friend of mine. One of the reasons why I barely ever go on RCU anymore. I'm gonna keep my Savage X SS just in case I get back into the hobby later on though...

BTW, good luck Mx314. And I didn't quite get it, are you racing BMX or MX now?
Old 12-24-2008, 04:31 PM
The_Lost_Otter

Motocross, a few photoshoots Ill have my $1,600 build up bmx bike.
Then I may buy a Foes or Intense DH bike.
Old 12-24-2008, 04:39 PM
SAVAGEJIM

ONLY $1600???!!!! Is that is like Canadian dollars?(The Canadian dollar is actually worth more than the USD today).
I was thinking that these bikes cost way more.

For $1600 USD, you can buy a the scale RC with some decent upgrades.
Old 12-24-2008, 04:58 PM
The_Lost_Otter

Im done with rc right now, the only part Im sticking with is large rc planes and sub oz micro planes.

Will it sound better if the DH bike I want frame is worth $2700, and thats ONLY the frame?
Old 12-25-2008, 01:59 AM
SAVAGEJIM

Sure, why not? Afterall, it is a race-grade bike you are building. It' your tush sitting on it, no need to skimp. If it were mine, I' make sure mine had the best equipment, I would hate to have a catastrophic failure because I chose poor parts.

At least with rCs, since you are not in them, going with mega-cheap is no biggie, since if it wrecks because of a cheap chinese weak part, you can repair the RC. If you break break bones form a wreck during a race due to sub-standard parts, that is a whole diferent story
Old 01-01-2009, 04:33 AM
The_Lost_Otter

ORIGINAL: SAVAGEJIM

Sure, why not? Afterall, it is a race-grade bike you are building. It' your tush sitting on it, no need to skimp. If it were mine, I' make sure mine had the best equipment, I would hate to have a catastrophic failure because I chose poor parts.

At least with rCs, since you are not in them, going with mega-cheap is no biggie, since if it wrecks because of a cheap chinese weak part, you can repair the RC. If you break break bones form a wreck during a race due to sub-standard parts, that is a whole diferent story
[&:]
First paragraph in confusing me???
Old 01-01-2009, 02:26 PM
SAVAGEJIM

LOL, bottom line: Dont skimp! Go build teh best bike you can
Old 01-01-2009, 04:00 PM
SpikeX

Awesome! I have a Specialized Demo 7 II myself for DH / FR and a Specialized FSRxc Pro for a mix of 4X and other light riding. Which Intense are you looking at, the M3?
Old 01-01-2009, 04:21 PM
The_Lost_Otter

ORIGINAL: SpikeX

Awesome! I have a Specialized Demo 7 II myself for DH / FR and a Specialized FSRxc Pro for a mix of 4X and other light riding. Which Intense are you looking at, the M3?
Socom Fro
And M6 Fro

Socom cheaper, but doesnt have big drops well...
Old 01-01-2009, 04:23 PM
The_Lost_Otter

ORIGINAL: Mr. Mugen

If you slow down you will lose the race....

Holeshots or busts! I won every race where I got the holeshot........ Won even more when I didn't...

Good to hear your not a slouch! Way to go man...keep up the good work! Get pics of the races (MX) and post them in the off topic if ya would.

Kevin
Oh Kevin I forgot to tell you next time I go to the sand drags Ill get plenty of 250r shots for you
Old 01-01-2009, 08:10 PM
CustomTamiyas4Life
My Feedback: (34)

Same thing here. Haven't done mush rc lately but am into mountain biking and quads. Unfortunately both are very expensive. Why are there no cheap hobbies that are adrenaline pumping!?[sm=punching.gif]
Old 01-01-2009, 08:41 PM
redfisher1974

ORIGINAL: SAVAGEJIM

ONLY $1600???!!!! Is that is like Canadian dollars?(The Canadian dollar is actually worth more than the USD today).
I was thinking that these bikes cost way more.

For $1600 USD, you can buy a the scale RC with some decent upgrades.
Our canadian dollar is at around 80 cents usd it dropped a long time ago.
Old 01-02-2009, 01:52 AM
emaXXman123
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: Mx314

Me hardly being on RCU any more. Im kind of done with the car part of the hobby, and even drifting from the plane part. If you must know why, Ive grown up? Ive also gotten into Photography and Videography, ride BMX and am racing for a career now. Ill be sure to say hello, post pictures of rc cars from the big nationals, and still try to give some advice. With this internship I scored I get to travel all over. Hell the boss said we will go to France, Italy, Canada and tons of states in the US just to film. So if you ever want to chill, give me a shout.

Ill keep one car, and just build micro planes. Problem is I will hardly drive the car and fly the planes. Girlfriend, Highschool, and motocross take all my free time up now.
ill shoot you a pm about riding
Old 01-02-2009, 09:47 AM
mechanizeddeath

I've only been into RC for a little over a year, but from what I can tell the hobby seems kind of cyclic. When I was doing research late last year and deciding whether or not I wanted to get into it, it seemed like I was reading an awful lot of posts from people who were selling off their old equipment, buying back their missing equipment, or just wondering how much that old pile of RC stuff in the garage was really worth. I myself took about a 6 month break where I barely ran my cars and didn't read any forums, but that was more financially motivated than anything else. [&:]

So take a break, hang onto at least some of your stuff, and perhaps you'll get back into it later on down the road.
Old 01-02-2009, 10:01 AM
SpikeX

Socom Fro
And M6 Fro

Well how long have you been riding DH? And what size drops are you planning on doing? The Socom isn't built for drops, but it can smaller things fine. The M6 is overkill for most riding styles, although I would go with the M6 because I race and the extra travel means I can run more sag and softer rear suspension. Shoot me a PM if you need any help.
Old 01-02-2009, 11:40 AM
The_Lost_Otter

Socom Fro
And M6 Fro

Well how long have you been riding DH? And what size drops are you planning on doing? The Socom isn't built for drops, but it can smaller things fine. The M6 is overkill for most riding styles, although I would go with the M6 because I race and the extra travel means I can run more sag and softer rear suspension. Shoot me a PM if you need any help.

I dont have a DH bike Ive just been riding peoples DH bikes.
At the mx track the jumps are huge and if you screw up on yoour bmx bike yor done. Like the M6 cost alot, but I almost got a $2,700 bike for $800. So I got Hook Ups
Old 01-02-2009, 12:29 PM
SpikeX

ORIGINAL: The_Lost_Otter

Socom Fro
And M6 Fro

I dont have a DH bike Ive just been riding peoples DH bikes.
At the mx track the jumps are huge and if you screw up on yoour bmx bike yor done. Like the M6 cost alot, but I almost got a $2,700 bike for $800. So I got Hook Ups
Yeah I can imagine it's not too good if you case off the big MX jumps. All Intense bikes are very expensive. Have you looked at any other brands (Santa Cruz, Commencal, Specialized, Foes, etc.)?
Old 01-02-2009, 03:14 PM
The_Lost_Otter

I looked at Foes and Santa Cruz.
The thing is, the more the bike cost, the more money Im saving.
I can get a $5,000 bike and a $3,500.
If you can get them bolth at $1,000 which bike would you go with???
Old 01-02-2009, 03:40 PM
SpikeX

ORIGINAL: The_Lost_Otter

I looked at Foes and Santa Cruz.
The thing is, the more the bike cost, the more money Im saving.
I can get a $5,000 bike and a $3,500.
If you can get them bolth at $1,000 which bike would you go with???
If by both you mean between the Socom and the M6, it would be the M6. BTW how old are you if I may ask?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.