Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

Cox Powered cars coming back

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2009, 12:14 AM
scottman20006

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Cox Powered cars coming back

I havent had to many problems getting ahold of Autoworld,but iam sure right now their are in high gear for christmas,and i have sent a couple emails to one of the guys working on the cox vega funny.and i havent heard back in like two emails ,but i know he is busy right now. i ahd sent a bunch of emails to him about solving the problems they have been having with the engine starting,ill send another tonight and see what happens on mondaya nd when i hear back ill post the lastest news he gives me.
I really hope they get this motor problem solved,so they can do other models,but i have said this before and ill say it again,if they sale enough of these vega funnies,then they will do more models, i hear they want to do the Dune buggy nex if this one sells really good,so please tell everyone you know that loves these cox powered cars,i would love for them to sell a ton of these.
SnapRol those are nice cars you have,and i have this fantasy of these cars making a good comeback and clubs forming,and people getting together to run them. but iam like you i will buy at least two of the cars.i wouldnt expect *** out before christams though,ill be happy early next year like Feb or March,thats TAX TIME!!!
Old 12-06-2009, 09:34 PM
SnApRoLl-

ORIGINAL: scottman20006

I havent had to many problems getting ahold of Autoworld,but iam sure right now their are in high gear for christmas,and i have sent a couple emails to one of the guys working on the cox vega funny.and i havent heard back in like two emails ,but i know he is busy right now. i ahd sent a bunch of emails to him about solving the problems they have been having with the engine starting,ill send another tonight and see what happens on mondaya nd when i hear back ill post the lastest news he gives me.
I really hope they get this motor problem solved,so they can do other models,but i have said this before and ill say it again,if they sale enough of these vega funnies,then they will do more models, i hear they want to do the Dune buggy nex if this one sells really good,so please tell everyone you know that loves these cox powered cars,i would love for them to sell a ton of these.
SnapRol those are nice cars you have,and i have this fantasy of these cars making a good comeback and clubs forming,and people getting together to run them. but iam like you i will buy at least two of the cars.i wouldnt expect *** out before christams though,ill be happy early next year like Feb or March,thats TAX TIME!!!
Thanks for the reply and the compliment on my cars.

I can hardly wait for the funny car to be released again! Also the Dune Buggy would be cool too. Are they going to use the same worm gear set up or are they going to gear it like the funny car? Another classic I'd like to see re-released is the A/A Eliminator Dragster.

I heard about engine issues, what exactly is going on? Maybe I can help. I have over 25 years exp. with 2 and 4 cycle engine building and repair and 30 years exp. with Cox engines.

Old 12-07-2009, 03:21 PM
scottman20006

Snaprol
I would love too for them to do the AA/eliminator dragster again !!!!!!!! My first car was the SandBlaster.
As far as the worm gear iam not sure,did you see the pictures we posted of the Vega,I think they are on page 8.
Well the issues they were or are having is the engines are really hard to start,and even Tony at Autoworld Said he had to use a Drill setup just to spin the motor fast enough to get them to start,but he said even with the drill it took a very long time to get it to fire,so thats what they are working on now with the factory,i had gotten on a couple control line forums and told them all about the problem and had them email me what it could be or what to check,and i got quiet a few responses that i forward to Tony at Autoworld.Before that the that,they would start would run awhile and then wouldnt start again,and i told him to make sure the factory is using a good Quality metal for the element in the glow plug,becasue if n ot they will burn up,well that got fixed and Tony emailed me back saying that some of the things they did find,that they needed to use a better quality wire for the element.
but right the engines are just not wanting to fire and its taking a real long time to start them.
which i have email him a few times here lately with no response,the last email i got,was becasue i had emailed him two times and hadnt heard from him,so he emailed me back saying sorry he was out of town,and would get ahold of me by the end of the week,and let me know how the suggetions help out,and what the factory said about the engines,but that was well over 2 weeks ago.
if you have some insight,post it here ill copy it and email Tony.
Old 12-11-2009, 12:58 AM
SnApRoLl-

Snaprol
I would love too for them to do the AA/eliminator dragster again !!!!!!!! My first car was the SandBlaster.
As far as the worm gear iam not sure,did you see the pictures we posted of the Vega,I think they are on page 8.
Well the issues they were or are having is the engines are really hard to start,and even Tony at Autoworld Said he had to use a Drill setup just to spin the motor fast enough to get them to start,but he said even with the drill it took a very long time to get it to fire,so thats what they are working on now with the factory,i had gotten on a couple control line forums and told them all about the problem and had them email me what it could be or what to check,and i got quiet a few responses that i forward to Tony at Autoworld.Before that the that,they would start would run awhile and then wouldnt start again,and i told him to make sure the factory is using a good Quality metal for the element in the glow plug,becasue if n ot they will burn up,well that got fixed and Tony emailed me back saying that some of the things they did find,that they needed to use a better quality wire for the element.
but right the engines are just not wanting to fire and its taking a real long time to start them.
which i have email him a few times here lately with no response,the last email i got,was becasue i had emailed him two times and hadnt heard from him,so he emailed me back saying sorry he was out of town,and would get ahold of me by the end of the week,and let me know how the suggetions help out,and what the factory said about the engines,but that was well over 2 weeks ago.
if you have some insight,post it here ill copy it and email Tony.
Those engines are very simple. The things I would check for hard starting, not starting or starting and then shutting off and not re-starting when hot could be, either a compression issue, fuel draw, or fuel vaporization from heat. Those are just a few of many things that could be wrong. Also the hard starting could even be a port timing issue. It could be an issue with the metals being used for the piston and cylinder assembly. Usually non-ringed 2 cycle model engines are designed with a tapered cylinder so that the piston creates its compression seal at TDC and they are made of different metals so that they expand at different rates to create a good piston cylinder lap. again these are just suggestions as to what could be wrong. If they want to send me one of the problem engines, I can take a look at it and diagnose it, tell them whats needed and send the engine back. But, If for some reason I can't figure it out, then I have an uncle who is a world class machinist, metallurgist and engine builder who would be able to solve the issue in short order.
Let me know if they can send me a test engine and I will PM you my address.

Shawn
Old 12-13-2009, 04:53 PM
scottman20006

I wish i could get you a motor ,maybe call up there and if you can talk with someone,or email them ,maybe they would let you try and see whats up with the motor.but hopfully theyare getting the problems solved,but what i dont understand is ,the factory sets there and say they made all these improvements and sends them a test lot of like 5 cars and then Tony and mike,at Autoworld gets them and they dont work,and i guess thye have had to send them back more than once,So why isnt the factory taking their time and making sure they run, stay running and are easy to start??.If it was my company i would be all over them to get it right,and becasue of them the product is being delayed!!!!
Old 12-13-2009, 05:25 PM
robot797

maybe i could try

i have alot of spre cox parts at home (for comaresment)
including psi cilinders/pistons normal pistons/cilinders medalion normal and psi cilinder an pistons.

enz

and i am pritty bored
Old 12-15-2009, 09:46 AM
SnApRoLl-

I wish i could get you a motor ,maybe call up there and if you can talk with someone,or email them ,maybe they would let you try and see whats up with the motor.but hopfully theyare getting the problems solved,but what i dont understand is ,the factory sets there and say they made all these improvements and sends them a test lot of like 5 cars and then Tony and mike,at Autoworld gets them and they dont work,and i guess thye have had to send them back more than once,So why isnt the factory taking their time and making sure they run, stay running and are easy to start??.If it was my company i would be all over them to get it right,and becasue of them the product is being delayed!!!!
Scott,
I got a reply from Tony.
PM sent to you.
Old 12-15-2009, 11:17 AM
jessiej

ORIGINAL: robot797

maybe i could try

i have alot of spre cox parts at home (for comaresment)
including psi cilinders/pistons normal pistons/cilinders medalion normal and psi cilinder an pistons.

enz

and i am pritty bored
D o you mean SPI rather than PSI? (Sub Piston Induction rather than Pounds per Square Inch)?

jess
Old 12-15-2009, 11:41 AM
robot797

oops sorry

i made a mistake

i ment SPI

sorry
Old 12-15-2009, 01:46 PM
scottman20006

Snaprol(aka)Shawn
Hey Got your PM and have PM you back!!!

iam just hoping they get this engine problem solved and we can get his car into production and into my hands,LOL
Old 12-15-2009, 02:13 PM
SnApRoLl-

Snaprol(aka)Shawn
Hey Got your PM and have PM you back!!!

iam just hoping they get this engine problem solved and we can get his car into production and into my hands,LOL
Hi Scott, I PMed you back. Yeah I'm with ya on wanting 1 those cars in my hands!!!! I'd like to have 1 to run and have fun with and 1 to keep new in the box and I have a family member that is talking about maybe buying one as well.

Shawn
Old 12-15-2009, 02:18 PM
scottman20006

Yeah i want at least two maybe three,Ok iam greedy,and i hopew they do more models.
I PM you again!!!!
Old 12-20-2009, 02:04 PM
scottman20006

Well hopefully,
Snaprol will get some info on whats wrong with the motors that autoworld is getting and they can get this Vega out in early Spring.
So where are all of you cox cars fan been latley?????,this thread has been very quiet.
Old 12-20-2009, 03:18 PM
vwguru

well VWguru here, NEW cox don't excite me, got 2 as NEW from 70's... well i don't run em... as new ones out may be
cool for that > runnin, MY old school cox $$ in da bank, not to run....enjoy NEW ones...
cox sandblaster > NEW
cox dune buggy > NEW
testor bus/van >used
also 3 RC.
Old 12-20-2009, 03:53 PM
robot797

ORIGINAL: vwguru

well VWguru here, NEW cox don't excite me, got 2 as NEW from 70's... well i don't run em... as new ones out may be
cool for that > runnin, MY old school cox $$ in da bank, not to run....enjoy NEW ones...
cox sandblaster > NEW
cox dune buggy > NEW
testor bus/van >used
also 3 RC.

is it the action van?

cus i wanna buy the manual of that car from somone
Old 12-22-2009, 03:36 PM
SnApRoLl-

ORIGINAL: robot797

ORIGINAL: vwguru

cox sandblaster > NEW
cox dune buggy > NEW
testor bus/van >used
also 3 RC.

is it the action van?

cus i wanna buy the manual of that car from somone
PM Sent in regards to the van manual.
Old 12-22-2009, 03:59 PM
vwguru

the  TESTOR  VW  VAN    is  gas/glow....  & i  have  manuel,   large  &   faded  like  old  newspaper.
Old 12-22-2009, 04:34 PM
SnApRoLl-

Good news!! UPS just delivered 2 test cars from Autoworld and I will start testing them out this weekend.
I don't want to give out too many details, But these cars look way better in person than in the pictures!!!
Old 12-22-2009, 07:05 PM
scottman20006

Cool snaprol,
you have a PM
Old 12-23-2009, 11:42 AM
SnApRoLl-

Hello all,

I was able figure out what was wrong with the engines last night and have sent a message to Autoworld and UPS will be picking up the cars today to ship them back. As for the diagnosis, I'd rather let the guys at Autoworld update everyone as to what is going on.

Shawn
Old 12-23-2009, 01:52 PM
scottman20006

Come on shawn,Autoworld doesnt come on this thread,at least tell us if its fixable??? and is it a serious problem???
Old 12-24-2009, 10:58 AM
SnApRoLl-

Come on shawn,Autoworld doesnt come on this thread,at least tell us if its fixable??? and is it a serious problem???
If Tony says it is ok to let everyone know what I found on the engines than I will update everyone. I promise!

Shawn
Old 12-24-2009, 03:40 PM
scottman20006

I emailed Tony and he hasnt emailed me back,i really dont think their will mine if you come on and just give some type of info.
Come on shanw ,i helped you get these cars.with a certain email address....PM Me.

Scott
Old 12-26-2009, 10:51 PM
scottman20006

Shawn you have a PM
Old 12-28-2009, 11:27 AM
SnApRoLl-

Hi Guys,
I just spoke with Tony from Autoworld regarding the Funny Car Engines, and he asked me to not go into details, But, to let you guys know,
now that they are aware of whats going on, they will be working with the engine mfgr. to get a resolution and that they will update everyone quickly as possible. Please bare with them on this as the cars are definitely well worth the wait!

Thanks,
Shawn

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.