Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

Cox Powered cars coming back

Old 12-28-2009, 01:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Cox Powered cars coming back

Shawn you have a PM
Old 12-28-2009, 01:03 PM

Thanks for the Info Shawn,and Thanks for your help with the motor,i hope these Problems will get Resolved.
and I hope or wish for a Spring Release!!,LOL
Old 12-28-2009, 06:07 PM

ORIGINAL: scottman20006

Thanks for the Info Shawn,and Thanks for your help with the motor,i hope these Problems will get Resolved.
and I hope or wish for a Spring Release!!,LOL
Hi Scott,
Your welcome. I would like to see a Spring release date as well! I told Tony that I would be more than happy help him out as much as I can. Once they get released and are successful. I think something that Cox never made, like a pro stock or a pro mod version would be neat as well.
How neat would a pro stock or a pro mod 50's and 60's Ford, Chevy or Mopar or even a pro mod 68 or 69 Camaro be? Or even a pro mod Hemi Cuda tether car? Or better yet, a tether version of the old Sox and Martin pro stockers?
The cool thing is, the possibilities could be endless with these cars! I'm just dreaming I guess.

Aw man, I can almost smell the 1/2a fuel and hear the high pitched whine of one of those little cars now!

Shawn
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk24851.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	1343806  
Old 12-28-2009, 09:12 PM

Oh I so Hear you Shawn,The cars they could make would be awsome,Yeah NHRA PRO Stock!!! or Pro Mod!!! How about an Awsome front engine Dragster Like the Snake and Mongoose use to run,The amount of cars could be endless,You ahve your straight line cars drag cars,hell even some rice burners for the kids now days,and then you could do all sorts of cars for the Circle tether Line,Indy Cars,Stock Cars,lemans style cars,GT series..and all of these cars could be done either in Modern or Old School,and thne of coure do a seires of the free running cars again,Like the Dune Buggy,Baja Bug,SandBlaster,I would really like to see a Modern Style Funny Car!!!!!!!!!!,and thne i wish Autoworld would then offer a bunch of Acessories for the cars,differnt style of wheels,and dumby Engines,and decals,custom Chutes,and even a huge section on their website and a forum...Now thats what I myself like to see and it might be dreaming,but man how cool would it be to have all sorts of Clubs form with these cars.
Old 12-29-2009, 12:23 PM

Oh I so Hear you Shawn,The cars they could make would be awsome,Yeah NHRA PRO Stock!!! or Pro Mod!!! How about an Awsome front engine Dragster Like the Snake and Mongoose use to run,The amount of cars could be endless,You ahve your straight line cars drag cars,hell even some rice burners for the kids now days,and then you could do all sorts of cars for the Circle tether Line,Indy Cars,Stock Cars,lemans style cars,GT series..and all of these cars could be done either in Modern or Old School,and thne of coure do a seires of the free running cars again,Like the Dune Buggy,Baja Bug,SandBlaster,I would really like to see a Modern Style Funny Car!!!!!!!!!!,and thne i wish Autoworld would then offer a bunch of Acessories for the cars,differnt style of wheels,and dumby Engines,and decals,custom Chutes,and even a huge section on their website and a forum...Now thats what I myself like to see and it might be dreaming,but man how cool would it be to have all sorts of Clubs form with these cars.
Yeah it would be pretty cool to see all of that! I really like the idea of the stock cars. I'd bet that a NASCAR / NextTel series tether car would be a huge success as well.
Old 12-29-2009, 09:11 PM

Yeah even some Camping world Nastrucks.
The sky is the limit,if they can get this motor issue resloved.
Well keep us updated,with any info you can share.
Old 12-30-2009, 01:41 PM

Yeah even some Camping world Nastrucks.
The sky is the limit,if they can get this motor issue resloved.
Well keep us updated,with any info you can share.
I'm sure I will talk to Tony again soon and I will keep everyone Updated as much as I can.

Shawn
Old 01-04-2010, 10:47 AM

Well I hope everyone had a safe and Happy New Year,and I hope to see very Cool things come out of AutoWorld.Round2 this year,and i hope this spring is when we can see that Vega Funny car get on the Shelves!!!!!
And Also coming out form Autoworld this winter or Spring will be their First HO Drag Strip Slot Car Set,licensed By NHRA,and the first set will be John and Ashly Force.
Just thought i would throw that out there.
So Lets Hope for so good news on this cox vega funny car very soon.
Old 01-13-2010, 02:30 PM

SnapRol......You have a PM
Old 01-13-2010, 10:09 PM

SnapRol You have another PM
Old 01-20-2010, 06:26 PM

SnapRol you got a PM.
Old 02-09-2010, 10:04 AM

New to this forum! Iwas wondering if anyone has the old Cox and Testor's car manuals? Or a source for them...
Old 02-09-2010, 05:40 PM

got  both.........   VWguru.
Old 02-09-2010, 06:59 PM

Cool. Ijust won a Testors Pinto Funny Car on eBay. It has been 35 years since Iran one. It would be great to know how to get a manual and set this thing up. It doesn't come with any hardware either. So, Ineed to know what line to use, how long, anything else helpful...

Of course, it may not even run. Has anyone ever tried to convert a Testors over to a running cox engine?

ORIGINAL: vwguru

got both......... VWguru.
Old 02-09-2010, 07:32 PM

well,  spoke  too  soon...    bein  VWguru   >>   got   both   for  vw...........
Old 03-21-2010, 06:22 PM

I hope These Vega Repro's Come out this Summer, Its been a long time coming!!! The prototype Photos look really cool and I am Ready To Start Beating on a New Gas Car!!!! 30% Cox Racing fuel Coming right out of My Body &Resto Shop Cabinet!!!!!!!!!!! Bill, East Coast Collector
Old 03-24-2010, 04:56 PM

i  say  stay  with  the  original's  old  COX   &  TESTORS....
Old 03-25-2010, 04:58 AM

They tried to bring them back about 10 years ago and didn't do well enough to keep making them...
Old 03-29-2010, 05:56 PM

mycrofte,
I dont believe anybody has tried to make these a come back yet,I know i have been wanting these for aleast 5 years or more.
Ad i say if they can remake them and they are decent so be it,mabe it could get this hobby back on the map.But i know right now their factory is having engine troubles so we will see.
Old 04-30-2010, 11:25 AM

HEY GUYS WHATS U0P NOT MUCH TALK ON HERE LATELY,I DONT KNOW WHAT HAPPEN TO SNAPROL,HE HASNT BEEN ON HERE AT ALL SINCE JAN.
ANYWAY CAN SONE ELSE TRY AND GET AHOLD OF AUTOWORLD ABOUT THE COX VEGA FUNNY, I CANT GET ANYTHING OUT OF THEM AS FAR AS WHATS GOING ON LAST TIME I GOT INFO THEY HAD MOTOR ISSUES ,AND HAVENT GOTTEN ANY REAL NEW INFO SINCE. SO ANY ONE ELSE WANT TO EMAIL THEM AND ASK WHATS GOING ON,PLUS THE MORE THAT EMAILS THE BETTER.
Old 04-30-2010, 03:38 PM

you  guys  &  NEW   cox.....?   hell i'm  gettin  off    on  old  skool......!!!!!!!!!!
got 2  buggy &  3  sandblaster..................they  run..!   &  > .$$  in  da  bank....
Old 04-30-2010, 03:53 PM

i have bought a car aand i dont know what type it is

pictures tomorrow

cus i wanna sleep  22.53 (10.53 PM)
Old 04-30-2010, 09:42 PM

yeah i still need to work on my spirte cox indy cars now thats its getting warmer .i need to cehck out ebay for some cars,havent checked in awhile,you guys pictures pos them of your finds
Old 05-01-2010, 03:05 AM

Old 05-02-2010, 06:05 PM

got  a  sweet  item>>>  COX   gas/glow  .049   purple  buggy    with  >>  RC.....!!!!!!!!
would add pics,  don't know how............

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.