Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

2wd mud???

Old 02-09-2009, 05:43 PM
Krazy Chicken

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2wd mud???

at my school their is 2 ways to get out one is a dirt road and the other is the street. under heavy rain the road gets mud puddles that go all the way across the road, and i was wondering if my truck will make it through the mud with a open diff its got pathfinder all t's on it
Old 02-09-2009, 05:50 PM
HJJFFFAA

Default RE: 2wd mud???

I doubt it would make it with an open diff. Unless it's just dust combining with water and the topsoil isn't muddy.
Old 02-09-2009, 06:09 PM
suburban_hooligan

Received 62 Likes on 58 Posts

only one way to find out for sure
Old 02-09-2009, 06:11 PM
So Cal

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Only one way to find out, my buddys 2wd open nissan truck does good on muddy roads, we only got it stuck once and it was in deep soupy stuff. Give it a try, if you get stuck have a friend come get you.
Old 02-09-2009, 06:21 PM
Mekong

With my 1st Jeep ZJ, '98 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2WD I6, I had Wrangler SRA 245/75/16 on it, I useto off road it a good bit in the mud.

As long as you keep up momentum you should be fine, I gather that since its a road the mud shouldn't be too deep.

If there is any question about making it, make sure you have at least a trailer hitch, better yet tow hooks and a friend with a tow strap to get you out.

Nothing more embarrassing than sitting stuck in the mud next to the school with all your class mates laughing!
Old 02-09-2009, 06:22 PM
JB COMP

It depends on the mud. There's this one place that has 3 mud puddles and when it rains 2 of them can easily be 8" - 10" deep in the middle and 4" on the edge (there's a fence on one side and tree on the other so you can't go around it) and 2 trucks made it trough that where set-up for the street. One was a Tacoma X-runner (with some performance street tires) and a Chevy 1500 lowered with the same style of tires as the X-runner and both made it just fine. (but we did have my Dad's truck with 33's 4wd and a tow strap, so it wasn't a big deal if they did get stuck)

A tip, don't go through the middle. That's where most people and get stuck.