Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more
Reload this Page >

Porsche test driver killed in Germany driving prototype.

Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

Porsche test driver killed in Germany driving prototype.

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 12:27 PM
FairTax4me

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Porsche test driver killed in Germany driving prototype.

The car went under the rail because the front end of it is too low. It acted like a wedge when it hit, and the momentum of the car just pushed it right under. If you look closer at the pics, you'll see that the car actually pushed the rail UP. An average car would have hit it and bounced off.

RIP to the driver.
Old 02-25-2009, 08:42 PM
RS4rallydriver

man, that really is tragic. I think tha guardrail is designed appropriately, asides from like others said being way too tall. im used to the concrete things i usually see here, which have no "under" in the first place. i wonder exactly how fast he was going?

(although i doubt theyll ever read this thread) I offer my condolences to the family o.o
Old 02-27-2009, 11:21 PM
zjwhitrock

I think the gaurd rail did exactly what it was saposed to do, it stoped the car. the gaurd rails in the us are ment to have the car slid along untill it comes to a "contoled" stop, if a car hit one at those speeds it would ether bounce back into trafic, or go right through/over it

just think about it, 200+ mph hiting a wall, and bouncing back into oncoming traffic, more people would have died.