Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more
Reload this Page >

Has anyone else been having trouble with RCU lately?

Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

Has anyone else been having trouble with RCU lately?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 04:44 PM
pede_187

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anyone else been having trouble with RCU lately?

Hey guys,

I'm not sure if it's just me or not, but lately RCU has been glitching for me. I think it might have something to do with the new updates. It started around the same time and it's only on RCU

It comes up with a message like:

"������ ���������HTTP/1.1 200 OK X-Powered-By: PipeBoost/3.0 P3P: CP="ALL DSP COR LAW CUR TAIi IVDi PUBi IND PRE" Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 21:44:02 GMT Server: Microsoft-IIS/6.0 Expires: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 21:44:00 GMT Set-Cookie: aspforumpreURL=%2Fforum%2Fpost%2Easp%3Fdo%3Dadd%26 forumid%3D392; path=/ Set-Cookie: aspforumttRemember=forum=493&string=%26p%3D%26tmode%3D1%26smode%3D1; path=/ X-Powered-By: ASP.NET Content-Type: text/html; Charset=utf-8 Cache-control: private Content-Encoding: gzip Content-Length: 22348 ������ �}kw�6����9��ldo%�7�|�Qd;v �N\�I��>{r �XS�ʋmu��og���(J"��q��ml�3�`n�����[������o�;<5ǎ�+�3�!�ï¿½ï¿ ½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½q��~E��_���s͉O,j:d ş�-��E�=rP� �V�W�2q&&���+�WD�ü z�=0�q�Y�7; ���+��<�;��2�� �{��z�����H�u�tk��!4h�la 1�*{�Ü`�X��#x������_^� �]����r�2��Z.lC9s@�d9 ��@ÛŽ!�/��_ʿ���o�a����x�=��$ ��#�d9��8�'�I��(k �HD$J %�����[x�U9����9@��swi���e[��%�;wz7�_��Wr ü�{�_�-���야�˟ET�F�wsD}&�?nf�,m�*UҺ��UQcU8:XB��Mï¿½ï¿ ½ ��;C�_�c��+�aÒ‡W�B�\)Y��Pï¿ ½ï¿½ï¿½l<,���I��^��[!���kR��>�;CsP ��wO<뮨��֓��$V�Μå���<ï ¿½ �Z�� ]�67�?ftޙ����`����0�Gï¿ ½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½È¯3D��9��˃B`���Y�@ ^�"�d2�^`��TQ��P�,T��gc>|1�![) �ylfk6�<0���E6�b�;��؞x9� *������BA#;+I�W �A��jr�P��K� ��$_�ё@��R�Fz�+���/(���<�Y!��;�`�l��5�� �&�Pϑ�7����O���Q����{P T��Z�A�$�Q0�Dz��� %� ��U����/�b��@<�� �Q:J��O����,�T�"��5[�q&�È��}!�`�ޗ��câ¯8,YFe �b�<`h���CV vLB�� ��I�����6cߖ�Χ�8h��J'fN �}�zb��sVV�qMN_UK�����"

Has anyone else gotten this when they try to refresh a forum?

Old 02-25-2009, 05:20 PM
MadManAndrew

Default RE: Has anyone else been having trouble with RCU lately?

nope, but I just found what site hosts RCU...
Old 02-25-2009, 05:40 PM
HJJFFFAA

Who?
Old 02-25-2009, 05:42 PM
MadManAndrew

ORIGINAL: pede_187

"������ ���������HTTP/1.1 200 OK X-Powered-By: PipeBoost/3.0 P3P: CP="ALL DSP COR LAW CUR TAIi IVDi PUBi IND PRE" Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 21:44:02 GMT Server: Microsoft-IIS/6.0 Expires: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 21:44:00 GMT Set-Cookie: aspforumpreURL=%2Fforum%2Fpost%2Easp%3Fdo%3Dadd%26 forumid%3D392; path=/ Set-Cookie: aspforumttRemember=forum=493&string=%26p%3D%26tmode%3D1%26smode%3D1; path=/ X-Powered-By: ASP.NET Content-Type: text/html; Charset=utf-8 Cache-control: private Content-Encoding: gzip Content-Length: 22348 ������ �}kw�6����9��ldo%�7�|�Qd;v �N\�I��>{r �XS�ʋmu��og���(J"��q��ml�3�`n�����[������o�;<5ǎ�+�3�!�ï¿½ï¿ ½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½q��~E��_���s͉O,j:d ş�-��E�=rP� �V�W�2q&&���+�WD�ü z�=0�q�Y�7; ���+��<�;��2�� �{��z�����H�u�tk��!4h�la 1�*{�Ü`�X��#x������_^� �]����r�2��Z.lC9s@�d9 ��@ÛŽ!�/��_ʿ���o�a����x�=��$ ��#�d9��8�'�I��(k �HD$J %�����[x�U9����9@��swi���e[��%�;wz7�_��Wr ü�{�_�-���야�˟ET�F�wsD}&�?nf�,m�*UҺ��UQcU8:XB��Mï¿½ï¿ ½ ��;C�_�c��+�aÒ‡W�B�\)Y��Pï¿ ½ï¿½ï¿½l<,���I��^��[!���kR��>�;CsP ��wO<뮨��֓��$V�Μå���<ï ¿½ �Z�� ]�67�?ftޙ����`����0�Gï¿ ½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½È¯3D��9��˃B`���Y�@ ^�"�d2�^`��TQ��P�,T��gc>|1�![) �ylfk6�<0���E6�b�;��؞x9� *������BA#;+I�W �A��jr�P��K� ��$_�ё@��R�Fz�+���/(���<�Y!��;�`�l��5�� �&�Pϑ�7����O���Q����{P T��Z�A�$�Q0�Dz��� %� ��U����/�b��@<�� �Q:J��O����,�T�"��5[�q&�È��}!�`�ޗ��câ¯8,YFe �b�<`h���CV vLB�� ��I�����6cߖ�Χ�8h��J'fN �}�zb��sVV�qMN_UK�����"

Old 02-25-2009, 05:52 PM
Ttam Says Blarg

A lot of people use ASP.NET to create websites.
Old 02-25-2009, 05:55 PM
MadManAndrew

Ya, i know, thats what my dad uses, I just didn't know what RCU used...
Old 02-25-2009, 07:04 PM
evader8

havent had those problem since like 2 months ago when the home page would come up like tht after loging in.
Old 02-25-2009, 10:34 PM
brett65
My Feedback: (18)

It times out on me sometimes, but its not a major problem. Our developers at work made our system using asp too, its pretty common.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:07 PM
SAVAGEJIM

I noticed that going from page to page will have loading problems sometimes. The page will sit there and load and load and load, but no dice. Then, about 5min later, it finally loads.

Other times, it simply times out with the classin "page cannot be displayed."
Old 02-26-2009, 07:32 AM
HJJFFFAA

I get what Jim gets sometimes too.
Old 02-26-2009, 09:02 AM
nitrozach54
Banned

I got this after posting:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80040e57'

Arithmetic overflow error for data type smallint, value = 32768.

/forum/postpro.asp, line 260
Old 02-26-2009, 07:22 PM
Krazy Chicken

yeah i have had alot of time with the load times, even though i have a really fast internet connection
Old 02-26-2009, 07:57 PM
SAVAGEJIM

That error page, will the new RCU upgrades fix that?

I am cursious, eliminating those would definitely make the RCU experiecne better for all of us [sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 02-27-2009, 03:09 PM
slayerphonics

really laggy for me,

Could be from the mods deleting frivolous posts.
Old 02-27-2009, 03:27 PM
Anomie

We generally have discussions within the moderator forum about load times. Sometimes the issue is a server that needs a reboot, but most times the problem lies between the end user's machine and RCU servers.

If you can run a trace on the IP you will likely find the clog.
Old 02-27-2009, 03:34 PM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: nitrozach54

I got this after posting:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80040e57'

Arithmetic overflow error for data type smallint, value = 32768.

/forum/postpro.asp, line 260
I believe that this error was specific to the old lounge 2 thread, and was simply because the thread had become too long.
Old 02-27-2009, 06:50 PM
Krazy Chicken

i just got this using the fast reply

"We are sorry...

You are seeing this message because of one of the following reasons:

1. Your session timed out.
2. The server was restarted before you made a HTTP POST (posting a message, registering an account, login, etc.)

Problem #1:

You probably spent too much time and your session timed out. This is, however, rarely the cause of the problem because we implemented a session keep-alive mechanism to prevent this issue from happening. However, the server itself could have experienced some problems that prevented this mechanism to work as it should, and therefore we cannot completely rule out the possibility of this either.

You need to make sure your browser has cookies enabled. See below for instructions:

Netscape Communicator 4+:

* Select "Edit" from the browser Menu bar
* Select "Preferences"
* Double click on "Advanced"
* Verify that "Accept only cookies that get sent back to the originating server" is selected
* Select the "OK" button

Microsoft Internet Explorer 4+:

* Select "View" from the browser Menu bar
* Select "Internet Options"
* Select "Security" tab
* Select "Custom (for expert users)" security level and select the "Settings" button
* Locate "Cookies" and verify that "Allow per-session cookies (not stored)" is enabled
* Select the "OK" button on the "Security" window
* Select the "OK" button on the "Internet Options" window

If you already have cookies enabled and still experienced the problem, see problem #2 below for other possible causes.

Problem #2:

Your server experienced problems and was forced to restart. Restarting a server will erase all session data and our protective mechansim had no choice but to drop your HTTP POST because we had no way to identify you without valid session data.

Many forum administrators host their forums on shared servers, on which could have more than 200 sites hosted together. Sometimes the server has to be restarted because some badly written programs on other sites may drain the CPU/RAM and cause the IIS to restart itself. This is unfortunately an inevitable situation that many site administrators and its users have to face from time to time.

Technical Information

* For more information, please contact forum admin."

had no trouble shooting for firefox