Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

Ghostbusters 3!

Old 02-25-2009, 11:06 PM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ghostbusters 3!

In Boston to promote a new House of Blues, Dan Aykroyd answered some online questions for the Boston Globe - as is typical, the first question asked was about Ghostbusters 3

[Comment From Tom] Dan, I'm extremely excited for the HOB to be back in its birth-city!! I will be attending many shows. On a side note, and I'm sure you get these questions a lot, so I apologize in advance…Ghostbusters 3? I've heard that the writers of the Office are currently penning a script? How is this coming along, and should we look forward to this movie seeing the light of day? Thanks Dan!

Dan Aykroyd: Script is commenced early summer. Hope to be in production by late fall 2009

What's it mean? Well, it doesn't mean a Ghostbusters 3 is a sure thing. It means that if all goes well, the script commissioned last year will hopefully get the green light by around June, and if that happens, then hopefully the movie will go into production in the Fall. So, excellent to hear Dan is still pushing forward with the film, but it's still not a done deal yet.

Word has it that it would be the original cast. I would LOVE to see a new Ghostbusters! I hope this one makes it out of tinseltown.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:12 PM
SAVAGEJIM

Default RE: Ghostbusters 3!

LOL, I loved the original, have it somewhere on VHS. I dont even know if they made it on DVD! Rick Moranis was probably my favorite character in the 1st one, even though I absolutely hated him at first whein I first watched the vid. (He was just so annoyingly nerdy) But since I totally loved him in Space Balls, I was a bit forgiving of him. After watching the movie a few more times, his nerdy character actually grew on me. (The guy is really a great actor to pull that nerdy role off like the way he did)

The 2nd one was kind of "blah" for me, not bad, but nothing special for me.

If anything, I hope this 3rd one will really step it up and either match the 1st on in holding my interest or surpass it.
I too look forward to seeing it in anticipation.
Old 02-27-2009, 11:38 PM
SAVAGEJIM

I found this link, so far, there are several skeptics and several fans on both side of the fence who are for and against it.

Check it out:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1289401/
Old 03-03-2009, 11:17 PM
rccheech

ORIGINAL: SAVAGEJIM

I found this link, so far, there are several skeptics and several fans on both side of the fence who are for and against it.

Check it out:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1289401/
That is so strange......I was looking a this stuff on the internet about 3 weeks ago, I just happened to stumble in here and found this post.... anyways I would love to see this movie happen with all the original guys(Venkman, Stanz, Spengler, and Zedmore), as I heard they may all show to do it, even Murray said he would do it in an interview.....I loved theese movies when I was a kid, and I'm still a Ghostbuster geek, my 3 year old daughter loves, them too!!!!!........WHO YA GONNA CALLL!!!!!!!
Old 03-04-2009, 11:08 AM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

My 4 year old LOVES Ghostbusters. He watches it once a week. I am keeping my fingers crossed that it goes in production.
Old 05-22-2009, 11:10 AM
rccheech

Just heard on FOX news last night that GB3 is a guarenteed go!!!!!!!! The original 4 will be in the movie, and 1 new member....a girl, not sure on who yet but I can't wait for this one!!!!!!!