Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

The crazy things we did when we were younger...

Old 03-09-2009, 09:19 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default The crazy things we did when we were younger...

I still have the panda, picture is like 5 years old, just stumbled upon it.

Old 03-09-2009, 09:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The crazy things we did when we were younger...

Hahaha. Nice!
Old 03-09-2009, 09:47 PM

I tried to do this once, just about caught the wood on fire! (I was mad, I was trinying to write on picnic table.) Parents wernt to happy with me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETuIU...eature=related
Old 03-09-2009, 10:05 PM

ORIGINAL: SAVAGEJIM

I tried to do this once, just about caught the wood on fire! (I was mad, I was trinying to write on picnic table.) Parents wernt to happy with me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETuIU...eature=related
Used that tchnique to put my initials on a Pavillion i built. Unfortunatly, later, while I was messing around, I caught a newspaper on fire and had to waste a can of coke putting it out.
Old 03-09-2009, 10:09 PM

I owuld love to get in on this thread but some of the stuff I did back then is probably still ongoing investigations...lol. Better just say I too almost burned down my parents house....they and the cops know about that one. Was mocking a Mr. Wizard hot air balloon.....
Old 03-09-2009, 10:46 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I almost burned a house down too... [:@]
Old 03-09-2009, 10:53 PM

ORIGINAL: sheograth

Can't say I've almost burnt down my house, but about a month ago I burnt over 40 acres of crops...But that was intended.
Old 03-09-2009, 11:08 PM
My Feedback: (1)

When I was about 15 I made a Rocket Launcher using an area rug tube. The tube was like 8 feet long. I Fit a large roket with Retractable fins as to allow the rocket to be positioned dead center of the tube. And I used a 1 inch thick ceramic tile fastened to the "breech" of the tube with Bailing twine (yes I was a bored farmboy). The Electric switch was attached to the outside of the tube and the ignition wire ran down to the ceramic tile covering the breech hole. After I installed the engine and ignitor, I would load the rocket into the breech. I would fastened the tile back over the breech leaving enough room to clip the Electric switch to the ignitor. After that all I had to do was, thow it over my shoulder, turn the key, point and shoot!

The thing flew probably a little over a 1/4 mile. It helps when it is fired nearly horizontally (30-35 degrees from the horizon) .

I almost lit the field on fire... And scared the heck out of some old folks walking there dog down the avenue. Oh, and

I started to design a aiming device. I did this by hanging a string with knots from the tube just in front of my line of sight. Then used the knots and lined them up with the horizon and then fired the rocket. After I would note which knot I used and the distance the rocket traveled from launcher to ground. It was some what accurate, aslong as I fired each rocket from a fixed position and used the same charge.

Good times.

Old 03-09-2009, 11:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I heard an absolutely incredible one from a coworker the other day:

It involved the following items:

1 can of gasoline
1 lighter
1 foot of thick rope
1 mom's nice cookie sheet
1 dad's RC car [X(]
12+ shotgun shells

You can already imagine that this didn't end well. [&:]

After emptying the shotgun shells onto mom's nice cookie sheet, the rope was soaked in gasoline. It was then attached to the back of the RC car... and lit on fire. The car was then driven onto the gunpowder filled cookie sheet, which promptly exploded. The RC exploded too, most of it was never found but the body landed several hundred feet away. The cookie sheet was also ruined.

Obviously I don't condone this sort of thing, but I have to admit that the sheer insanity of it was pretty funny. And this guy was born in the 80s! I thought we were smarter back then.
Old 03-10-2009, 12:44 AM

I did this almost 4 years ago now.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp43267.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	1154291  
Old 03-10-2009, 06:24 AM

ORIGINAL: MadManAndrew

Can't say I've almost burnt down my house, but about a month ago I burnt over 40 acres of crops...But that was intended.
You get to burn stuff on purpose?
Old 03-10-2009, 09:18 AM

ORIGINAL: mechanizeddeath

I heard an absolutely incredible one from a coworker the other day:

It involved the following items:

1 can of gasoline
1 lighter
1 foot of thick rope
1 mom's nice cookie sheet
1 dad's RC car [X(]
12+ shotgun shells

You can already imagine that this didn't end well. [&:]

After emptying the shotgun shells onto mom's nice cookie sheet, the rope was soaked in gasoline. It was then attached to the back of the RC car... and lit on fire. The car was then driven onto the gunpowder filled cookie sheet, which promptly exploded. The RC exploded too, most of it was never found but the body landed several hundred feet away. The cookie sheet was also ruined.

Obviously I don't condone this sort of thing, but I have to admit that the sheer insanity of it was pretty funny. And this guy was born in the 80s! I thought we were smarter back then.
Um, LOL is the only thing I can say.....
Old 03-10-2009, 09:48 AM

One time I lite a sparkler in the house while my parents where gone(so I thought). So they come through the front door, I panic and throw the sparkler on the carpet and try to stomp it out. Well it didn't go out but burnt a nasty hole in the carpet. So I picked up the sparkler and hauled butt out the back door. I got my butt kicked for that.
Old 03-10-2009, 10:00 AM

I got that same stuffed animal from my neighbor when I had my tonsils out when I was like 6. That was back in 1986 for those who wanted to know
Old 03-10-2009, 02:50 PM
My Feedback: (18)

I used to experiment with lighter fluid on different surfaces, in pipes, and other things. Luckily I never burned the house down!
Old 03-10-2009, 03:04 PM

ORIGINAL: brett65

I used to experiment with lighter fluid on different surfaces, in pipes, and other things. Luckily I never burned the house down!
Haha ive done that too.

Not really crazy, and not when I was ' young ' . Im about 20 years young now so yeah . It involves a Holden ( Aussie guys know where im going with this ).. Some sand, a road, and a cop. Simply put, in the sand put it in ' 2 ' ( Auto lol ) floor it, take off leaving a nice trail of smoke and lines on the road, and fly past the cop who was watcing someone do this.... It was very hard to convince him that my foot slipped off the clutch in an Automatic haha . Other than that... Ive been pretty good all these years lol.
Old 03-10-2009, 04:41 PM

ORIGINAL: HJJFFFAA

You get to burn stuff on purpose?
We burn the stalks of our crops once we've harvested the part we want...
Old 03-10-2009, 07:43 PM

^ LOL a farmer. Never thought I'd find someone who actually did that. What do you grow?
Old 03-10-2009, 07:46 PM

Usually just deer corn. I'm not really a farmer, but we grow deer corn on our land to attract the local bucks. Then we shoot 'em and mount them on the wall. We had one the size of a small pickup one time, but it ran off before we could load the rifle[&o].
Old 03-10-2009, 08:36 PM

I tried to set the bead on a tractor tire with ether once. It was a big tire. It was an even bigger boom.

ORIGINAL: HJJFFFAA
^ LOL a farmer. Never thought I'd find someone who actually did that. What do you grow?
We try to blend in
Old 03-10-2009, 08:37 PM

Usually just deer corn. I'm not really a farmer, but we grow deer corn on our land to attract the local bucks. Then we shoot 'em and mount them on the wall. We had one the size of a small pickup one time, but it ran off before we could load the rifle[&o].
Bolt action? I love those.
Old 03-10-2009, 08:58 PM

Isnt Dallas one of those counties in which they are doing managed game? I heard that somewhere in central Texas that the Parks and Wildlife had great success in managed game such that the bucks are actually much larger. I dont know if this is true, but I heard that Parks Wildlife was going to expand game management for the rest of the counties due to the success in central Texas.
Old 03-10-2009, 09:01 PM

ya, Dallas is, but our property is out in Royse City. All farmland out there, and not much game regulation.
Old 03-10-2009, 09:08 PM

So...Bolt action?
Old 03-10-2009, 09:09 PM

Another thing I just though of: As a child, I lived in Arizona. I dont know what it is about desert ants, but those things are HUGE. And being a child, I used to go out with the other neighborhood boys on what we called "bug hunts." One of the things we used to do is havest ants to make ant farms. Our goal was to get a queen of a colony for the farm.

We were stupid, because these ants were not just big, they HURT when they stung. Worse, we would keep on digging with those small hand garden potting shovels!

To give an idea of how big the ants were were catching were, check out this vid. The large red ones were the ones we tangled with, the little ones would be similar to Texas fire ants.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sXWc...eature=related

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.