Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

Sucks to be California

Old 05-31-2009, 09:05 PM
superflea

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sucks to be California

you may have misunderstood what i was saying here. we too are used to long drives. we have to be I live 50 miles off the interstate takes right at an hour to get there, I live 40 minutes from the nearest town with anything as exotic as a walmart or denny's. A red lobster is two hours away. you get the idea. Your beaches have mine beat hands down, (I used to live in San Diego) but our mountains got yours beat. I am 2 hours away from a 14,410 ft peak.

I was really answering ttam, and just to further answer him you are not two hours from the beach no matter where you go in CA, death valley is far more than two hours from the coast.

As far as being at lake arrowhead in an hour, sure you can, but I've had it take more than an hour to get to Ontario from LA.
Nope california isn't all its craked up to be, I've been to all fifty states and every major city in the country and while ca does have some benefits, it's got far more problems than my tastes will allow. But thats a personal preference and not a flame directed at anyone.
Old 05-31-2009, 10:18 PM
Chris_RC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sucks to be California

California is going downhill, but it is still hella fun to live here! Where I live, Mexico isn't to far away so it is both good and bad. Good-bunch of great mexican food, bad-99% of "america's most wanted" are illegial immigrants. Also, SoCal is the mecca of RC and just about every famous person has a house somewhere in california. I live in the Cochella Valley, the Desert (if anyone has ever heard of it). The home of the rich, old, and mexicans!