Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

Paintball

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 12:55 AM
-SomeGuy-

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Paintball

ORIGINAL: The_Shark

ORIGINAL: -SomeGuy-

ORIGINAL: The_Shark

more people would paint ball if it wasn't so god dang expensive! CPX charges you like $40 to get in and $30 for a bag thier paint (cant use your own)and most people i know will waste a case in a day. that is at least $70 a day, not including rentals if you dont have your own gun and mask (like me) or if you want armor (why i dont know)

i went through one hopper in a whole day, so paint isnt the issue for me.
Those are pretty good prices. Where I go its 240$ per case of 2000. Thank god I get the 50% discount but still.

I use a tippmann A5 with a few goodies. I went 1 on 1 with a speed ball equipped guy once and he couldnt get a hit in while In was getting head shots mostly, goes to show that a better gun doesnt mean you will play better [&:].
it sure does help though, the rental i used went every which way but at the target. this explains my very small use of paint, get up close and personal, or attack from behind (4 kills that way)

240 for a case!!! i think it was like 100 or 150 for a case.
Oh for sure it helps. The more you play the more you appreciate the finer points of a higher end gun. Its just in this case it was a newb with much better stuff than I had and he couldn't keep up.

As for the balls, at 120$ a case I can let myself loose with half a case for a whole day. The only time I used allot was at a "big game" where they combined all the fields into one (about one million square feet) and had over 800 players divided into 2 teams in a domination scenario. I went through 3000 balls that day. But in my defense, we played from 10am to 2am with a 4 hour break in the middle.
Old 06-23-2010, 12:38 PM
justavillain

you can have a cheap gun and get it to shoot just like my 1300 dollar one that I had with a good barrel.  thats how you get your accuracy.  The paint to barrel match is key.

I would go through at least 1 case a day, but it is 40$ per case for the ok stuff.  But for tournaments it'd be around 10 cases each for the weekend.  But this is speed ball not woods ball.
Old 06-23-2010, 05:49 PM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ever see that ridiculously overpriced Gatling gun? that thing is plain violent.
Old 06-23-2010, 07:34 PM
-SomeGuy-

Yeah I've seen it. Its cool but imagine the gas and balls it must go through.
Old 06-24-2010, 09:57 AM
xxxtsuperstud18

i used to go through 6000 balls a weekend. you spit a lot out when your playin tourny's. paintball company's are tryin to get into .50 caliber balls now. you'll get about 4000 rounds per box for the same price as .68's