Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

Fuel heater/vaporizer

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 07:43 AM
larryf333
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Fuel heater/vaporizer

The Mini Cooper D was supposed to get over 70 mpg, but during testing most are only getting 46 to 57 mpg. Which is still impressive, but nowhere near their original claims.

If they start smashing up all the peanuts for fuel, is the price of peanut butter gonna go up? I like peanut butter.
Old 07-17-2009, 08:34 AM
dsales

yes the price of peanut butter will go up...

Didnt the Germans during WW2 make petrol from air due to a shortage? It must be possible, just stick carbons and hydrogens together.
Old 07-17-2009, 09:10 AM
larryf333

lol. I've never heard that before. You'd need some awful small tweezers to stick those atoms together. If it was possible to make it right out of the air, I think they'd be doing that now. Instead of drilling and draining the Earth. I wonder how big the holes are that get created underground when all the oil is sucked out.
Old 07-17-2009, 10:15 PM
nitrors43
My Feedback: (1)

The problem with vapor tech is the safety factor. If that canister blows, it will blow with great force and as long as your key is in the ignition your fuel pump is still pumping fuel into it.

Diesel is really the way to go at this point as far as a petroleum based product. With the aid of turbo chargers diesel produce the same hp numbers with considerably more torque. They wind up just as fast, there isn't much turbo lag in a properly set up system. We really want to convert my fathers F-250 to run on used oil. No one around here does it and there are tons of potential fuel that people pay to have taken away. You can more or less get it for free and just spend the time filtering out the solids and water.

We also have Ethanol we can process from corn. We are something like the number one supplier of corn to the world and we only operate at a 60% capacity.
Old 07-18-2009, 03:43 AM
dsales

They are already making petrol out of air in some desert in America. Its basically like a huge solar power plant that concentrates all the energy and somehow they turn the CO2 and hydrogen in the atmosphere to petrol. So its recycling the carbon dioxide which will let our V8s have happy lives forever

And yes, right now diesels are definately leading the way. My familys new SUV is arriving soon, hopefully next week which makes 286BHP. It has twin turbos to eliminate turbo lag and will hit 62mph in 7secs. Ive already booked it an appointment with the remap doctor [>:] to get it up to 324BHP and 645Nm of torque. Along with getting its gearbox adjusted it should hit 60 in 6.5secs which would be the same as the V8 motor they also provide. To top this it should do over 30 mpg.
Old 07-18-2009, 10:31 AM
HJJFFFAA

Is diesel more expensive than petrol in the U.K. like it is here in the U.S.
Old 07-18-2009, 10:56 AM
dsales

ORIGINAL: HJJFFFAA

Is diesel more expensive than petrol in the U.K. like it is here in the U.S.
Yes, but recently petrol has become more expensive while the price of diesel has remained the same so their about the same now.
Old 07-18-2009, 11:31 AM
redfisher1974

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

its a tad cheaper here in Canada...
Old 07-20-2009, 11:41 PM
calvino

Why not skip internal combustion all together and go like compressed air? Sounds wacky but if you run low.... or i have heard of some cars using the motor (powering the car) to also replenish the tank. Heck, air is everywhere... Yes Diesel intended the "engine" to run on coal dust, that almost killed him so he went to something less flammable, peanut oil. He even wrote he intended the engine to run on almost any hydrocarbon, hence we have the bio-diesel craze.... I can see how the fuel vaporizing can work.... why not modify something like a home humidifier.... its worth a shot, i just dont see how those claims are even possible [&:]
Old 07-21-2009, 09:44 AM
larryf333

They already have air powered cars, look in the Ugly cars forum.
Old 07-21-2009, 10:51 AM
dsales

I'd rather walk than drive one of those air powered things [:-]
Old 07-21-2009, 12:34 PM
calvino

Anyone hear of a car powered by ammonia.... its true, just a thought, mix the gas with another flamable hydrocarbon/vaporize before entering combustion, then you end up with better fuel mileage. Why hasn't some smart person created a diesel hybrid [8D]. BTW, those air cars look kewl
Old 07-23-2009, 08:51 AM
larryf333

http://www.fuelfromh2o.com/

Anybody on here ever try this? We have a shop that opened just up the road from my house that's installing these kits. I just don't see it functioning as they describe. More than likely they are reflashing the computer or changing the Odometer gear to make it seem like you are getting more mileage out of a gallon of gas. You'd think this shop was Fort Knox the way they keep it locked up and hide everything from public view. That alone lets you know it's a scam.
Old 07-23-2009, 08:57 AM
JB COMP

ORIGINAL: larryf333

http://www.fuelfromh2o.com/

Anybody on here ever try this? We have a shop that opened just up the road from my house that's installing these kits. I just don't see it functioning as they describe. More than likely they are reflashing the computer or changing the Odometer gear to make it seem like you are getting more mileage out of a gallon of gas. You'd think this shop was Fort Knox the way they keep it locked up and hide everything from public view. That alone lets you know it's a scam.

You can run a car off of just H and O. The problem is making enough H and O efficiently.
If I remember correctly H is 300 times as explosive as gas.
Old 07-23-2009, 07:56 PM
SAVAGEJIM

Yes, it is much more explosive than gasolines.

Using hydorgen in an internal combustion engine, particularly in our reciprocating (piston & cylinder) engines, have the same problem as gas reciprocating engines: the energy released from the combustion is mostly lost as 80% (or more) of that energy is expended as heat without providing any power to the crankshaft!

Also, assuming something that uses H2 more efficeiently than reciprocating engines, say, hydrogen fuel-cell, the primary problem lies in the cost of making enough hydrogen gas to fuel the traveling public. H2 is expensive to strip form O molecules in water; so expensive that it costs more energy and money to break water molecules into H2 and O2 molecules right now that hydrogen fuel cells are still shelved.

If we can find a way to harvest H2 cheaply, that will be the time when hydrogen fuel cells will begin to replace combustion engines.
Old 07-23-2009, 08:53 PM
JB COMP

If we can find a way to harvest H2 cheaply, that will be the time when hydrogen fuel cells will begin to replace combustion engines.
One guy did find a way. He used something other than electrolysis to separate the H2 and O. He also had a car that ran off of just water. You can get a drawing of his design some where.
Old 07-24-2009, 10:15 AM
larryf333

I've heard that many times. I've also heard he was silenced by the oil companies or these people or that. It's a conspiracy man!
I've also heard there was a guy that made a car that ran on piss, but he was killed off too. Either it's all made up, or the oil companies are taking everybody out!
Old 07-24-2009, 07:13 PM
SAVAGEJIM

Whoa, I am damn curious why the car companies dont simply off these people and take their designs. Can you imagine just how much money they can make on a car that runs on piss?

Speaking of urine, one of the clean diesel tech is using urea as an exhaust addative to help clean diesel exhaust. How funny!

Now, back to vapor tech, and as already said several times before, I am surprised the car companies have not developed this tech. Especially during the '70s oil embargo and everyone rushed to junk their v8 for 4 poppers, such a tech would have been a serious endeavor by the car companies to reduce fuel consumption. And I am absolutely sure that last year, when 87octane sold for $4USD / gal, this would have been seriously revisted again.