Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more
Reload this Page >

What side effects could these lead up to? (Long story)

Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

What side effects could these lead up to? (Long story)

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 01:56 AM
rccarman81

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What side effects could these lead up to? (Long story)

Ok, so I was riding up to a place called Parkside with two of my friends and one of them brought a skate board and the other brought a BMX with pegs to speed things up. One of my friends was tired because he was jogging with my friend to keep up with him when he was on the skateboard so he stopped and as I was flying by him on the BMX, he managed to get on the back of the bike and onto the pegs and the extra weight made me lose control of the bike (the highspeeds were another factor) and at the same time I lost my balance, I hit a bump in the sidewalk and I squeezed the rear brakes, but there were no brake pads in the rear! By the time I noticed I went into a tree at an angle at full speed and I got thrown off the bike like a ragdoll and flew like 3-5 feet and kinda landed on my shoulder and upper back but I didnt roll becuase the angle my upperback hit the concrete wouldnt allow me to roll out of it so instead I kinda just flopped out of it and onto my face. Then almost instantly, I got back up and tackled my friend becuase of the stupid move he made when he shouldve just waited for me to slow down. But like right after I tackled him I got back up and started walking back for the bike but as I was on the way there, I was seeing stars, lost a lot of hearing, got light headed, felt like I was gonna throw up, it was fairly difficult to breathe, walk and talk. Then I noticed something was seriously wrong and I told them what I was feeling and we all stopped for like half an hour for me to get back to normal. One of my friends was really scared. But the main reason why I put this up here was because I want to know what all those side effects were leading up to so if it happens again, I will know what to do. So does anybody know what those side effects were leading up to?
Old 01-29-2010, 03:02 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: What side effects could these lead up to? (Long story)

It's called shock, don't worry about it, it's completely normal. You could have sped up your recovery by eating or drinking something sweet. Honestly it's nothing to worry about, I've had much worse accidents than that with multiple broken bones and fractured skulls etc (also from BMXing/skating/mountain biking (especially mountain biking)), and have no long term effects except a weak left wrist cos it's been broken in the same place twice and many scars (chicks dig scars ). The worst you could have is a concussion, which isn't particularly dangerous, unless you ignore it and continue extreme activities. If you have persistent headaches, dizziness, sickness, then go to a doctor.

I slipped over in my house a few weeks ago and opened up my head. I didn't realise straight away that I was injured and immediately jumped back to my feet thinking it was just a bang. A few seconds later, I had to lie down on the floor right where I was with the same symptoms you describe and a river of blood flowing out of my right eyebrow. Even though I knew I wasn't seriously injured, my body flooded my brain with chemicals to put me back on the floor (where I should have stayed in the first place after a hit like that).

If you have access to it at the time, the best thing for shock is a hot cup of sweet tea. Failing that, coke or chocolate will do. Upping your blood sugar relieves the symptoms of shock.
Old 01-29-2010, 12:08 PM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you ever sustain a shock like that, to make sure you are ok, go to a doc. 99% of the time your body will protect itself, but some problems dont show themselves untill later, which could be a problem.

i remember when i was a dorky kid, i was running backwards and fell on a cone straight on cement with the top of my head, i tasted copper, heard buzzing, lost my balance and got some "vertigo" (no matter how hard i tried i felt like i was spinning and falling) ever since then, i get "vertigo" every few months, that usually lasts 3-10hours (though one time lasted 2days)

anyway, if there is a next time you fall like that, try not to spring up and see a doc if your not feeling right.
Old 01-29-2010, 12:19 PM
The Hedgehog

Go to a doctor, R/C forums is a bad place for medical advice.
Old 01-29-2010, 02:20 PM
Eman77

ORIGINAL: AutoXMan

Go to a doctor, R/C forums is a bad place for medical advice.
That's not true - just the other day I found a PowerPoint slideshow on how to give myself an appendectomy. It involved a Hobbico 60W soldering iron and lots of CA glue. Guess what I'm going this weekend!

Old 01-29-2010, 02:39 PM
rccarman81

So I only went into shock? Also, what casuses shock?
Old 01-29-2010, 05:24 PM
hands without shadows

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acute_stress_reaction
Old 01-29-2010, 08:11 PM
Casper06

It sounds like a concussion to me, dude you better get yourself examined asap.
Old 01-29-2010, 08:34 PM
The Hedgehog

ORIGINAL: rccarman81

No, you DEFINITELY had a stroke heart attack, major trauma to the head, really bad indigestion, minor exzma, AND shock.
Old 01-30-2010, 01:42 AM
rccarman81

ORIGINAL: AutoXMan

ORIGINAL: rccarman81

No, you DEFINITELY had a stroke heart attack, major trauma to the head, really bad indigestion, minor exzma, AND shock.
HAHAHAHA! Yeah right man. I dont think my crash was that bad. LOL.
Old 02-02-2010, 12:56 AM
gelbschnee

u should probably check yourself for lumps after a crash like that