Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

Idiot's Car Troubles

Old 02-11-2010, 08:53 AM
jikkuria

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Idiot's Car Troubles

Today, i left my house at the normal time to head to school. I went outside and started my truck, and the windows were iced over, with ice on the inside as well. I took the keys out of the ignition, leaving the truck running, locked the doors and went in the house to get a scraper. I came back outside and cleaned the windows, unlocked the door and drove away. It was when i go to school that i realized that i didn't have my keys. I've already parked my truck, and realize that if i kill it, i'm stuck. My foot slipped off the clutch when backing up, and killed it. Fortunately, i caught the ignition switch before it locked backwards I'm now stuck at my house, my spare keys lost, and waiting for my mother to come home with my spares, in 2 hours. needless to say i will be late to school.
Old 02-11-2010, 02:14 PM
nothinbetr2do

Default RE: Idiot's Car Troubles

some times we all have days like that. just be glad you alive and healthy
Old 02-11-2010, 02:15 PM
lee172

the first day i borrowed an ex girlfriends car.. i locked the keys in it.. the back window had to be broken... [:@]
Old 02-11-2010, 02:46 PM
jikkuria

It's just been a rough couple days lol. yesterday i managed to snap the switch off of the radial arm saw in shop class as well.
Old 02-11-2010, 04:06 PM
mechanizeddeath

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ugh I had issues with aftermarket keyless entry applied to my old Subaru, which had those power locks that work by syncing all doors with the drivers door instead of with a switch. The car would always fight the keyless entry unit, sometimes they would click back and forth 10 times before settling on a position. Not long after getting it, my door shut and locked me out in the freezing cold for a half hour. I pried the window back and managed to hit the switch, but again the lock fought itself and then autolocked. Never have I been more annoyed in my life.

To this day I leave my door open when the engine is running. I got locked out of that thing so many times I just can't let that door shut.
Old 02-11-2010, 10:11 PM
jikkuria

My truck is a a 1994 Chevy S10, power nothing lol. I did put an '03 grille and interior in it to spruce it up. I always hated the look of the second generation s10's.