Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

Quite possibly the biggest rip off good ever!

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 10:15 PM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Quite possibly the biggest rip off good ever!

so i was walkin down a isle of Target, looking for a new box fan and Lava lamp (yes a lava lamp) when i came across this [link=http://gizmodo.com/5379890/dyson-air-multiplier-review-making-a-300-fan-takes-cojones]THIS[/link] i am a collector if odd goods including old fans (like my 1938 brass blade emerson) and the price of this thing just blows (no pun intended) my mind up.

seriously what the hell is that guy thinking? the economy is in the toilet and you charge $300 for what? yes there are wealthy people that buy what they want but even if i had $10,000,000,000 i would never ever spend that!
Old 03-19-2010, 10:17 PM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Quite possibly the biggest rip off good ever!

I find all those airflow devices to be pretty useless - nothing like a good old fan. None of this ionic breeze/air cleaner/purifier/multiplier/mover junk.
Old 03-19-2010, 10:23 PM
DarkFire989

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Neat, but crazy price tag.
Old 03-19-2010, 11:59 PM
Lunchboxer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Supply and demand.. if no one buys it, it will die.. no worry..
Old 03-20-2010, 01:13 PM
iexion

ORIGINAL: sheograth

I find all those airflow devices to be pretty useless - nothing like a good old fan. None of this ionic breeze/air cleaner/purifier/multiplier/mover junk.
Agreed

Thats why fans haven't really changed since they we're first invented. Its worked for more years then anyone can remember. It gets the job done. Its pretty easy to control.

Altho some of those air purifiers do work, what they don't tell you its how much the filters cost to replace and how often you have to change them. If you have central air in your home, just change the filter more often (more then once a year I mean)

The Dyson Fan, Kewl Yes. Worth buying, HELL ******* NO!! [&:]
Old 03-20-2010, 01:29 PM
The Hedgehog

I use an air purifier to help with the dust and allergies in my room. Best investment I have ever made. Filters are cheap, I change them once a year, and it cuts down on the dust and allergens significantly.
Old 03-20-2010, 01:39 PM
lee172

I thought about making a fan out of a silver can. Fact.
Old 03-20-2010, 01:54 PM
DarkFire989

ORIGINAL: AutoXMan

I use an air purifier to help with the dust and allergies in my room. Best investment I have ever made. Filters are cheap, I change them once a year, and it cuts down on the dust and allergens significantly.
I need to buy one for my dorm room. I get allergies this time of year and their is a lot of dust in my room.
Old 03-20-2010, 02:49 PM
The_Shark

one unit that does work is called a alpine ozone generator.

basically it emits TONS of negative ions and little to enormous amount of positive ions (ozone 03)

at high levels, negative ions make dust drop by making them stick together- so it just vacuums up, this tech does work, because of the amount of dust on the floor and around the machine.
while 03 bonds with any pollutant and oxidizes it (like hydrogen peroxide) so it kills mold/germs and rids odors faster than any spay or filter i have ever used and keeps the air "fresh".

you can find bad things about them all over the net- because its more of a tool and it can be misused- setting it at 400sq feet is enough for the 1600 sq ft it covers. at overly high levels it smells like bleach and irritates the lungs and thoat.

but again its very low tech- two 60K volt ballasts one 40k volt ballast a fan and on some models a ozone sensor, but when new it cost $700

i still cant get past that $300 mark, holly crap!
Old 03-20-2010, 03:15 PM
samguan

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

LOL. Dyson is known for overpriced craps!
Old 03-20-2010, 04:51 PM
snoking16

while 03 bonds with any pollutant and oxidizes it (like hydrogen peroxide) so it kills mold/germs and rids odors faster than any spay or filter i have ever used and keeps the air "fresh".
if i fart into it will it make my fart smell good?
Old 03-20-2010, 05:10 PM
lee172

i cant believe you just typed that! [sm=52_52.gif]
Old 03-20-2010, 05:25 PM
snoking16

why?
Old 03-20-2010, 05:30 PM
quietnas1

ORIGINAL: snoking16

while 03 bonds with any pollutant and oxidizes it (like hydrogen peroxide) so it kills mold/germs and rids odors faster than any spay or filter i have ever used and keeps the air ''fresh''.
Lol love it. That is one cool looking fan though but I would not pay 300 for it.
Old 03-20-2010, 07:10 PM
The_Shark

while 03 bonds with any pollutant and oxidizes it (like hydrogen peroxide) so it kills mold/germs and rids odors faster than any spay or filter i have ever used and keeps the air ''fresh''.
yes actually, it will make it smell like the mountain air but depending on the intensity of the pollutant you may have to crank it up to 3000sq feet!
Old 03-20-2010, 07:21 PM
snoking16

hmm...so what yoursaying...is it is even capable of that feat even after a big tai dinner?
Old 03-20-2010, 07:23 PM
HJJFFFAA

ORIGINAL: The_Shark

basically it emits TONS of negative ions and little to enormous amount of positive ions (ozone 03)

at high levels, negative ions make dust drop by making them stick together- so it just vacuums up, this tech does work, because of the amount of dust on the floor and around the machine.

you can find bad things about them all over the net- because its more of a tool and it can be misused- setting it at 400sq feet is enough for the 1600 sq ft it covers. at overly high levels it smells like bleach and irritates the lungs and thoat.

but again its very low tech- two 60K volt ballasts one 40k volt ballast a fan and on some models a ozone sensor, but when new it cost $700

Ozone is poisonous.
Old 03-20-2010, 07:27 PM
snoking16

your poisonous
Old 03-20-2010, 07:42 PM
The_Shark

ORIGINAL: HJJFFFAA

ORIGINAL: The_Shark

Ozone is poisonous.
yes it is, water is deadly if drunken too quickly- oxygen is dangerous if inhaled too long pure, iron is poison too.

anything can be misused. this machine (that is actually above me now) is like a tool, its very useful and effective, at low power it bonds and becomes 02 again very quickly, at high levels it bonds to everything then runs out of options and stays in the air for hours, if its concentrated too long, it becomes toxic, drying out the mucus membranes and causing a sore throat, and at obscenely high levels temporary damages the lungs.

this is why it states "commercial use, do not use without user's manual" mine lacks a ozone detector, so you must find out the appropriate level.
Old 03-20-2010, 08:16 PM
iexion

[sm=lol.gif]Rofl
Adam Carolla once said "Its like a sauce, Everybody Likes their own Brand"
Old 03-20-2010, 08:20 PM
snoking16

hahaha. or everyone likes their own brew
Old 03-20-2010, 09:15 PM
The_Shark

hey, that fan would be a great flatulence launcher! (sweet if you had a desk job)
Old 03-20-2010, 09:51 PM
snoking16

you know what works best for those....an air cannon. The big circle thing with a celefane back on a rubber band. It launches "puffs" of air like 30 feet. awesome for shooting farts at people.
Old 03-21-2010, 12:44 AM
CKLLOYD

this must be one heck of a fan. It moves the 119 gal. per sec. not CFM were does all the liquid go. lol.
Old 03-21-2010, 07:30 AM
doubledee
My Feedback: (4)

I was marooned on the Isle of Target once. It was horrible. They natives were tackily dressed and I was surrounded by junk. After waht seemed like forever I was able to escape to the parking lot, managed to board my transportation and cleared the area, never looking back.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.