Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

RCU Is DEAD!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 07:02 PM
MiamizFinest

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RCU Is DEAD!!!!!

Is it just me??? or is this site really REALLY REALLY dead lately??? ive seen threads and sections sit for days with no action!!! whats going on!!
Old 06-22-2010, 07:13 PM
jship
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RCU Is DEAD!!!!!

I think it may be You.  If Your looking for information, this is the site.   I had questions about things and had answers almost before I got off line.
Old 06-22-2010, 07:31 PM
Ttam Says Blarg

Definitely not as much traffic it seems... You can tell by looking at how many mods there are now.
Old 06-22-2010, 07:46 PM
-SomeGuy-

Huge difference compared to a couple years ago. I think the economy is making people spend their money on needs rather than wants.
Old 06-22-2010, 07:48 PM
redfisher1974

Its summertime my friend
Old 06-22-2010, 08:32 PM
iexion

ORIGINAL: -SomeGuy-

Huge difference compared to a couple years ago. I think the economy is making people spend their money on needs rather than wants.

There is no other words that will defy whats going on in the RC world then what you just said. This goes for EEEVVVEEERRRYYYTTTHHIIINNNGGG tho.

I can say first hand I was looking forward to getting back into the hobby come spring-summer but.... []

Alot of us have had to rid ourselves of this treasury that some of us take for granted.
As for the forum(s) being dead. I would have to agree that traffic has really slowed down over the last couple of years (specifically last year) Even tho it is the summer you would think things would start to pick up but I'm going to give it a couple of months before we really start to see things pick up.

VVV This *quote* still stand true VVV
Old 06-22-2010, 10:28 PM
mechanizeddeath

Yeah, I'm unemployed myself. Means I have to think of needs rather than wants. Yeah, I did pick up a Stampede and a Levant, but that was with tax return money, and sort of an "atta boy" to myself for keeping my head above water for so long.
Old 06-22-2010, 10:42 PM
jatoracing33

I haven't been back long, maybe a month or so, but I will say it isn't as active as it used to be when I first joined in '07. I would say it is definitely the economy. This is not the hobby for the poor, and more and more people are losing their jobs, falling behind in payments, drowning in debt, losing their houses, etc. It's not the site, rather the hobby.
Old 06-23-2010, 12:29 PM
TIGER76

ORIGINAL: MiamizFinest

Is it just me??? or is this site really REALLY REALLY dead lately??? ive seen threads and sections sit for days with no action!!! whats going on!!
World cup
Old 06-23-2010, 01:00 PM
pythonfan
My Feedback: (1)

I agree it has been getting slower, i fell out of the hobby and was tired of dealing with a select few on here so i walked away. Having a job and school doesn't help...

I'm starting to get active on rc and rcu again, so many people are gone, foxy, dale, budbud, to name a few.

It was more active a few years back, it has been going down hill but i think some people are here for the chat and when a few select figures leave there's not much to talk about it and people drift away. I've noticed a huge drop in activity since foxy's been gone.
Old 06-23-2010, 02:19 PM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Less traffic or not, still more than enough posts requiring moderating [:@]
Old 06-23-2010, 03:35 PM
dsales

Agree on RCU slowing down. I myself haven't bought or indeed touched a RC in 2 years [X(]
As per the norm, I left the forum for a bit only really checking back once every few months for updates as to anything new being around or not. Seems not.

To me it feels like R&D in this hobby has massively declined, especially in non-electric cars which for me has turned me away.
Old 06-23-2010, 06:46 PM
Jgaff2

When I joined which was sometime after christmas this year, this site was pakced full of people on all the forums for three or so months. It was probably just because of Christmas, but it does seem a little slow now...
Old 06-23-2010, 10:31 PM
iexion

I would like to see new nitro cars/trucks being developed but we can all see that brushless & nitro are the new norm. I also kinda wonder how much longer JR radios well still be alive but that's another subject.

The thing that bugs me the most is knowing that if most of us have to cut back in the RC community, companies will also stop focusing on creating new products (as dsales pointed out) Lets just hope we can get back on our feet and get things moving again[sm=wink_smile.gif]
Old 06-24-2010, 09:41 AM
The_Shark

its not dead, its just taking a nap.
Old 06-26-2010, 11:55 AM
SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: redfisher1974

Its summertime my friend
Summer time = more time for RCs!

Yeah, unfortunately, ppl are not hitting the RC stores and tracks as hard as they did last year, or years before. Nitro fuel is costing much more now, and yeah, overall, wage depression (ppl losing their jobs and having to get a worse job that pays less) are beginning to sacrifice things, and RCs, which are not necessities, are one of the hobbies that is suffering.

My friends dont ask me to pit for them at the track as often as before; they wind up paying their bills instead of buying 4 gallons of nitro each month. (Yes, some of these guys will go through 4 gallons like its nothing.)

They dont hit the track as often because I know of a couple of guys who lost good paying jobs to overseas and now they work two jobs to make ends meet (wage depression) and since they are working so much, they dont have time for the track or are just too damn tired to hit the track when they are actually off.

I knew another guy who lost his job and could not find another. He sold all of his RC stuff, and when his unemployment benefits expired, he wound up packing up and leaving the state to move back in with his parents.

As bleak as it is, there are still the few hard-core guys who religiously show up at the track and still race every weekend.
Old 06-26-2010, 12:07 PM
redfisher1974

Sad times[]
Old 06-26-2010, 12:11 PM
Willystylz

The G8/G20 summits will figure it all out!!
Old 06-26-2010, 12:13 PM
redfisher1974

ORIGINAL: Willystylz

Speaking of that a old highschool friend of mine is down there this weekend, and he posted on facebook that he was hit by a bus and had to go to the emerge. then the next day he went back out and a fox reporter told him "dont you know not to wear flip flops to a riot!" Funny
Old 06-26-2010, 12:18 PM
SAVAGEJIM

I doubt it. It will all come down to bickering and guys manipulating these meetings to further promote more trade deficits in their favor, which in turn promotes more wage depression on us.

I will be satisfied to see wages held at their current standards so those of us who are still in the hobby can remain in RCs without any more ppl having to drop out because of financial reasons.

I would would strongly prefer that good paying jobs come back and wage depression/benefits depression reversed so we can all see more people come back to the RC hobby and actually get much more newcomers into RCs.
Old 06-26-2010, 12:22 PM
redfisher1974

Sad part is Canada is spending 1 Billion dollars for this meeting, That could have went a long way in making more jobs etc.
Old 06-26-2010, 02:32 PM
iexion

ORIGINAL: SAVAGEJIM

I doubt it. It will all come down to bickering and guys manipulating these meetings to further promote more trade deficits in their favor, which in turn promotes more wage depression on us.

I will be satisfied to see wages held at their current standards so those of us who are still in the hobby can remain in RCs without any more ppl having to drop out because of financial reasons.

I would would strongly prefer that good paying jobs come back and wage depression/benefits depression reversed so we can all see more people come back to the RC hobby and actually get much more newcomers into RCs.
X2 Not trying to get into politics too much but anytime there as a meeting with fat cats, Its just a bunch of bobble heads in suits yapping, press coverage and a slip of a faulty word(s) "satisfaction" and "progress". Or in laymen's terms "Just abunch of BULL****. I was talking to my Girlfriend after we got done watching the movie Gasland (this movie should be shown in schools) and everything will either start to come together or **** will hit the fan in the next couple of years (which just so happens to be around another special date)

I'll take an ok (ok NOT being fastfood) job that pays $6.50 an hour as long as its fulltime but at this point around here, its still difficult to find a part time job that gives you atleast 18 hours a week[:@]

So for some of us who have had to sell off all our RC stuff, we are starting to gather up some extra change here and there and are now looking into buying something used

But hey. atleast the offtopic forums is still getting new trends every other day[sm=thumbs_up.gif]