Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

New Toy

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 12:44 AM
jikkuria

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Toy

Yesterday, as it is now a half hour into Monday, I put some money down on a bike. Tomorrow, i'm going to put the rest down, and take it home. It's a 2005 Yamaha R1, with the Raven paint scheme. Here are some pics:

Here's a little info about it. Full Sato Racing Exhaust w/Carbon Fiber Cans, Sato Racing Frame Sliders, Power Commander, Double Bubble Windscreen, R1 Chain Guard, R1 Carbon Fiber Tire Hugger, Fender Eliminator Kit with Undertail Tag Relocation Kit, Integrated LED front turn signals, Rear Spindle Spools, Rear Seat Cowl

What do you guys think
Old 07-12-2010, 01:02 AM
iexion

Default RE: New Toy

I was riding with a guy A met on another forum Saturday afternoon and he's got a couple of R1's. We we're messing around on some back roads/interstate and HOLY ******* **** Those things are Vicious Im talking I was going 110+ and he fly's by me on ONE WHEEL [X(].

You sure as hell better be well into riding street bikes for a couple of years before you hopp on an R1.
Only thing I'm picky about on those R1's and the under tail Exhaust. Just cant stand the look of it but that's my onion (opinion)
Otherwise that's a sweet bike[sm=thumbs_up.gif]. Are you a gas station rider or do you actually know how to ride?
Old 07-12-2010, 02:07 AM
TIGER76

Enjoy m8 looks sweet in that paintjob too we get alot of r1 and r6s in work great fun but deadly lol
Old 07-12-2010, 07:21 AM
DarkFire989

I hope this isnt your first bike, but that looks sweeeeeeeeet!

I know someone that just bought a R1.

A. Hes 19 years old.
B. He Just got his license.

Hes an idiot for buying one.......
Old 07-12-2010, 07:38 AM
[email protected]

very nice bike brother man. they run real good, see a few around me, well more then a few..haha.. please get good riding gear with a great helmet that stuff works. also be safe watch out for stupid people on cell phones be smart best of luck very nice bike.
Old 07-12-2010, 10:53 AM
larryf333
My Feedback: (2)

Just don't be an idiot on the roads. Remember, it's not just your life that's in danger when you run too fast or decide to start doing tricks. Save that for the track. Other than that, watch every other vehicle like a hawk. Most aren't paying any attention. They are just in auto-mode going places they've been a thousand times and have their minds on other stuff. They're barely watching for other cars and definitely aren't watching for a bike. At least here in Ga anyway. I've ridden about 10 years now and the number of people that will cut you off, run you off the road, and pull out in front of you, still amazes me.

Congrats on a beauty of a bike!
Old 07-12-2010, 11:32 AM
jd31

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

very nice..
i had the pleasure of riding (driving?) one on an empty highway in nevada, very fun but i chickened out at 110
Old 07-12-2010, 12:15 PM
warheadforever

My dad use to build custom and extreme performance Harleys, that would smoke these from a stand still. LOL

Be careful, and have fun!
Old 07-12-2010, 12:26 PM
jatoracing33

Droooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooool

I would kill to have one of these things. Then again, I'm still 16 so I should probably wait a little while so I don't kill myself.
Old 07-12-2010, 12:35 PM
jikkuria

ORIGINAL: jatoracing33

Droooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooool

I would kill to have one of these things. Then again, I'm still 16 so I should probably wait a little while so I don't kill myself.
Hey, i'm only 17[sm=lol.gif] It is my first bike, but i've been riding a while.
Old 07-12-2010, 12:55 PM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very, very nice. My girlfriend, parents, and pretty much everyone else I know would have a heart attack if I got something like that [&:] Still, that is sexiness on wheels.
Old 07-12-2010, 12:56 PM
jatoracing33

ORIGINAL: jikkuria

I don't even have my license yet. Even if I did, my mother would kick me out for having one. She's an anti-bike freak.
Old 07-12-2010, 12:59 PM
Lunchboxer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

NICE!! [sm=thumbs_up.gif]
Old 07-12-2010, 01:03 PM
jikkuria

I don't even have my license yet. Even if I did, my mother would kick me out for having one. She's an anti-bike freak.
Yea, my mom isn't all too hot on the idea. My dad on the otherhand, is all for it. He's got a nice Harley, '05 fxr w/ a 127, and my bro has an 05 hardtail custom. Now, my biggest concern is insurance I already pay on my truck, a bike soon, and i'm in the planning stages of a street/strip car. I might need a 2nd job lol.
Old 07-12-2010, 01:38 PM
Lunchboxer

Make sure you take the fast stuff to the track.. !
Old 07-12-2010, 02:01 PM
jikkuria

Don't worry, i'm a pretty safe driver. My S10 is quick enough for a little fun on the street, when i do my part behind the wheel. It'll run away from alot of the guys who think their cars, usually mustangs, are fast. I know my truck isn't too fast, but if i hit all my shifts, i can usually outrun most factory cars. I'm looking into a 240sx for the track, and the possiblity of shoehorning a ls1 into it[8D] Believe it or not, the ls1 w/ a t56 is 128 lbs lighter than a ka24 w/ the automatic. A little less dramatic with the stick. Gotta love aluminium blocks.

I'm not perfect, i've had 2 accidents, neither reported, but it was pure luck. I'm going to practice with the bike a whole lot before i take it onto major roads. If i'm right, all i have to remember is self control.
Old 07-12-2010, 02:30 PM
Lunchboxer

Just think that going fast on public road in a motorcycle is kind of dangerous, that's all.. I am a big chicken.. ha ha ha!!
Old 07-12-2010, 02:33 PM
jatoracing33

Yea, my mom isn't all too hot on the idea. My dad on the otherhand, is all for it. He's got a nice Harley, '05 fxr w/ a 127, and my bro has an 05 hardtail custom. Now, my biggest concern is insurance I already pay on my truck, a bike soon, and i'm in the planning stages of a street/strip car. I might need a 2nd job lol.

Sounds like my family. My dad loves bikes. He had one when he was 14. Then he met my mother. No more bikes LOL. Insurance is already an issue for us, without bikes. We put my sister on last year and it is only a matter of time before she gets in a wreck. Horrible driver. If I don't get a job I might not have insurance, let alone a car.
Old 07-12-2010, 02:47 PM
jikkuria

My dad just recently got a bike. Years ago when we live in texas, i don't know why i say we, i wasn't born yet lol. He had a Yamaha Seca 750, it was a 2-stroke 750, and the fastest 750 in the world when it first came out in the 80's. A drunk driver hit him head on, and it was a pretty wicked wreck. He couldn't work for a while, a few broken bones, but he recovered just fine, no long term injuries. That was when he sold his bikes lol. Best of luck with the automobile situation, i'm sure it'll all turn out well in the end. Just remember, Even at $350 every 2 weeks likei make, it'll add up fast, and pay for gas and insurance lol.
Old 07-12-2010, 07:10 PM
mechanizeddeath

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Please be careful! I hate to sound like an old maid, but remember they aren't watching for you. People in large vehicles (trucks, SUVs) tend to be especially oblivious. Not trying to single anyone out, but my experiences and observations are hard to ignore. All three accidents I've been in were with full size trucks, and all three drivers said the same thing: "I didn't see you." If they can't see a bright red or snow white Subaru, I think a bike will feel more like a speed bump.
Old 07-12-2010, 08:22 PM
crustychief

ORIGINAL: DarkFire989

A. Hes 19 years old.

C. Statisitics say he/she will be dead in two weeks.

Old 07-12-2010, 10:00 PM
scoob956

Nice man! I'm not sure how much experience you have, that is a hell of a bike, be safe out there.
Old 07-12-2010, 10:41 PM
iexion

ORIGINAL: crustychief

ORIGINAL: DarkFire989

A. Hes 19 years old.

C. Statisitics say he/she will be dead in two weeks.

Thats a screwed up comment... ROFL[sm=lol.gif]
Old 07-12-2010, 10:49 PM
jikkuria

Lol, that comment is a little off. Now you've got me all worried
Old 07-13-2010, 01:57 AM
dubd

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pretty stupid to get a litre bike as your first bike. I've heard the "I've been riding for awhile" and "i'm a safe driver" responses ever since I started riding when I was 17. Many of those guys are now in wheelchairs or dead. You've had 2 accidents and you race people in a &$)$@&& truck! You're anything but safe. Take an MSF course and max out your life insurance.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.