Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

Walking barefoot

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 09:48 PM
Krazy Chicken

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Walking barefoot

its dangerous here right now to do it, their have been quite a few that have gotten second degree burns from being outside without any feet protection
Old 07-20-2010, 10:30 PM
DaveG55

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Walking barefoot

ORIGINAL: calvino

ORIGINAL: tommygun32

I go barefoot in the house. Used to go barefoot everywhere when I was a kid. Never had any issues except the odd splinter or glass sliver. Just was careful where I put my feet down.

It would be a bit ridiculous to go barefoot out here though. I just stepped outside for a smoke at work and it's currently 116f degrees. By 9am it's usually already 105 - 110f. I would burn the hell out of my soles trying to walk barefoot out here...[:@]
I agree with you there I remember once tuning my truggy in our front yard and wakling to some blacktip where the sun hit it... *OUCH* temped out at about 150*... lets say shoes went on shortly and I stayed on the shady spots of the blacktop [:@]
I used to go barefoot whenever we went out in the boat. Then, one 95 deg + day, we had to stop for fuel. Well, the dock was uncomfortable to stand on but the blacktop to the store to pay was excrutiating. Ever since that day there is a set of cheap flip-flops stored under the dash. I'm NOT gonna make that walk again.

On a side note, I bought a set of Rainbow flip-flops this w/e. So far they are the most comfortable flops I've ever owned and getting more comfortable everytime I wear them as the footbed conforms to my foot.