Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

Walking barefoot

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 01:43 AM
calvino

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Walking barefoot

Ok lets get this straight, I do *NOT* mean walking barefoot in the house... I mean out and about I got "initially inspired" by a friend who loved to walk around barefoot (haha helps he was a lot like a hippie ) and a few years later I picked it up. I have bad knees and back so not wearing shoes makes me more aware of how I am landing my weight down, and I notice walking without shoes, I notice less pain, than when I do.

I love to see my friends faces when I go sprinting down the street without any shoes on... they all stare at me like I am some freak or something . I do know that scientists have shown that running without shoes puts less strain on your body and you get more "force per impact" than with. So that said, how many of you are crazy like me or, you just all got to scoot around with your shoes on

Side note: I do wear shoes at the track... nothing's going to hurt more than a car smashing into your toe!
Old 07-12-2010, 02:26 AM
Ttam Says Blarg

Default RE: Walking barefoot

Um thats what sandals were invented for..?
Old 07-12-2010, 07:29 AM
DaveG55

90% of the time I'm a shoe and flop whimp
At the lake house I'm usually barefoot but normally, not.
Old 07-12-2010, 10:00 AM
MadManAndrew

Same as Dave, I'll go an entire week barefoot down on the lake, but most of the time I'm all shoes. I think it would actually be pretty difficult to go barefoot around here considering all the stores are so uptight they won't let you in the door without shoes on...
Old 07-12-2010, 10:07 AM
dug44
My Feedback: (2)

Here, try this... Made with vibram. I have had a pair of $250 Chipowa boots with a vibram sole, and I never had a boot last as long as these... 2yr

http://barefootrunningshoes.org/vibr...s/men/kso-men/

Also, if you do some research on them. You will see it helps the back, and neck...

Old 07-12-2010, 10:47 AM
larryf333

Here in Georgia, I never walk around barefoot. Fireants, wasps, scorpions, black widows, all around my house and I don't wanna chance it. Plus the grass (if you can call it that) here cuts your feet to pieces and you'll be itching later from all the little cuts.

In Iowa however, I could walk around barefoot all summer. I love going there on vacation around July 4th and Christmas every year. Sun in the summer and snow in the winter. The way it's supposed to be.
Old 07-12-2010, 11:50 AM
dug44

ORIGINAL: larryf333

Here in Georgia, I never walk around barefoot. Fireants, wasps, scorpions, black widows, all around my house and I don't wanna chance it. Plus the grass (if you can call it that) here cuts your feet to pieces and you'll be itching later from all the little cuts.

In Iowa however, I could walk around barefoot all summer. I love going there on vacation around July 4th and Christmas every year. Sun in the summer and snow in the winter. The way it's supposed to be.
Y would you want to live in Georgia (if that's the case)

Old 07-12-2010, 12:31 PM
suburban_hooligan

Received 62 Likes on 58 Posts

im more of a wake up get dressed and put on shoes kinda guy. then i can go about my day dropping heavy, hot and sharp objects, kicking things and pretty much walking over anything i want without consequence. there is a drill press in my garage that you do not want to touch barefoot. it'll get ya (shock ya that is). shoes usually don't come off until im ready to hit the shower at night

Old 07-12-2010, 12:54 PM
jatoracing33

From time to time I'll walk barefoot around the house, but nowhere else. Too many rock, too much glass everywhere. But if my neighborhood (if you can call 4 houses a neighborhood) had sidewalks, it might be a different story. Except no one else around town cleans off their sidewalks, either.
Old 07-12-2010, 01:08 PM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have messed up feet with too high of arches and for some reason i lift my toes high when i lift my feet and grab the ground with them when i step, so its a painfull experiance going bare foot unless im on grass, dirt or sand. its funny, when i wear out shoes, theres holes in the top of the shoe, and on the insole, i wear away the cloth and dig through the foam. i have to wear corrective insoles.[]
Old 07-12-2010, 01:16 PM
larryf333

ORIGINAL: dug44

ORIGINAL: larryf333

Y would you want to live in Georgia (if that's the case)

I didn't have a choice. My parents moved here when I was 10 and this is where I grew up. Hopefully things will work out and I can move my family to Iowa by the time summer's over. I had a good job interview on the 6th and then had to come back to GA. I didn't see any wasps, yellow jackets or other stinging/biting insects/arachnids while I was there and didn't want to leave. As soon as I got back to GA I hear that my 8 year old nephew just stepped on a red wasp and got stung pretty bad. They were hiding inside a log he hit with a stick and inadvertently pissed em off. Then I find fireants took over my yard. I was only gone a week and there were 4 large mounds that showed up. [:@] Cross your fingers for me fellas! I seriously want this job in Iowa.
Old 07-12-2010, 01:59 PM
Ttam Says Blarg

Ever heard of no shoes no service....
Old 07-12-2010, 02:02 PM
basketballfan60123

I'm a barefoot guy myself around the house and I am comfortable; when I wear shoes I have to insert gel heel cups in them so my feet don't hurt because I have low arches but when I am barefoot I am fine.
Even the "Barefoot Bandit" is comfortable without shoes on.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/07/12/....html?hpt=Sbin
Old 07-12-2010, 06:43 PM
SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: Ttam Says Blarg

No, but I saw many stores & businesses in Utah that were "No shirt, no service"
Old 07-12-2010, 06:46 PM
redfisher1974

Reminds me of Fast times at ridgemount high
Old 07-12-2010, 06:54 PM
mechanizeddeath

I wear shoes or slippers at all times. I have almost no arches, so I have to have some kind of support I get ankle pain within minutes.

Not to mention broken glass, bits of metal, etc. I've found some scary things stuck into the rubber of my shoes.

There used to be a club I went to around here that served cheap bottled beer. Like a $1 a bottle when everywhere else it was $2 or $3. Needless to say it would get pretty busy in there. By the end of the night broken glass would be everywhere on the dance floor, I mean the staff would try to keep it under control but by midnight the place would be so packed they couldn't keep up with all the smashed bottles. (It wasn't like people were throwing them, but drunkies would drop them on accident.) Anyway, one time I saw a girl step on a smashed bottle with her open sided high heels, and it slashed open the soft inside of her foot. I can't stress how messy that was. Fortunately for her she was wasted, and that probably spared her at least some of the initial shock and pain.

I remember sitting out on the curb afterwards, nearly every time I went, and digging brown glass out of my shoes with a pocketknife.
Old 07-12-2010, 07:28 PM
calvino

Yep, you'd be surprised, ive gone without shoes a few times to eateries (nothing fancy) without issues and if they gave me problems . And yes I do look where I am going, i just think we rely so much on shoes that we don't get out there and walk barefoot. I just do it partly for fun, and partly since I have had numbness on my feet ever since a car accident (slowly coming back?) so whatever. I find it fun,

I remember walking with a friend without shoes on and we came to a hill (steep/slippery with sandstone) and I was able to keep my balance just fine and she ended up sliding down 10' if it wasn't for my backpack to catch her. Needless to say the barefoot people won
Old 07-12-2010, 07:41 PM
jatoracing33

Ever heard of no shirt, no shoes, no problems?
Old 07-12-2010, 09:02 PM
Michel

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi

Well ,........................ beat this .

I like flying with no shoes , and feeling the grass , and makeing fists with my toes . And ,.................................. I love walking in a rain storm , always have , and I have no idea why , it just feels good . many think I,m nuts , but I,m the one thats comfortable and smilling
Old 07-12-2010, 11:40 PM
quietnas1

Used to walk barefoot outside until I stepped on broken glass that dug about a quarter inch into my foot. Took 6 stiches. No big deal but have not walked barefoot ever since.
Old 07-13-2010, 01:04 AM
cumquat

ORIGINAL: jatoracing33

Ever heard of no shirt, no shoes, no problems?
i love that song.
Old 07-13-2010, 01:09 AM
cumquat

i always wear my steel toed boots, even when i sleep (my feet dry out and crack. it hurts like an sob). i dont usually let anyone walk in my workshop without at very least flip-flops because more than once i stepped on some fencing wire and it went through the boot and poked my foot. my mom and sister like being barefoot but i never liked it.
Old 07-13-2010, 04:20 AM
tommygun32

I go barefoot in the house. Used to go barefoot everywhere when I was a kid. Never had any issues except the odd splinter or glass sliver. Just was careful where I put my feet down.

It would be a bit ridiculous to go barefoot out here though. I just stepped outside for a smoke at work and it's currently 116f degrees. By 9am it's usually already 105 - 110f. I would burn the hell out of my soles trying to walk barefoot out here...[:@]
Old 07-13-2010, 08:35 PM
calvino

ORIGINAL: tommygun32

I go barefoot in the house. Used to go barefoot everywhere when I was a kid. Never had any issues except the odd splinter or glass sliver. Just was careful where I put my feet down.

It would be a bit ridiculous to go barefoot out here though. I just stepped outside for a smoke at work and it's currently 116f degrees. By 9am it's usually already 105 - 110f. I would burn the hell out of my soles trying to walk barefoot out here...[:@]
I agree with you there I remember once tuning my truggy in our front yard and wakling to some blacktip where the sun hit it... *OUCH* temped out at about 150*... lets say shoes went on shortly and I stayed on the shady spots of the blacktop [:@]
Old 07-20-2010, 12:42 AM
hands without shadows

Cowboy boots or work boots. Cowboy boots when Im working around grain, straw, fertizilizer, or anything else that gets everywhere (jeans over them keeps it all out). Work boots everywhere else.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.