RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/off-topic-forum-cars-trucks-buggies-more-392/)
-   -   Show a Screen Shot of your Work PC (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/off-topic-forum-cars-trucks-buggies-more-392/10099371-show-screen-shot-your-work-pc.html)

tommygun32 10-28-2010 02:34 AM

Show a Screen Shot of your Work PC

1 Attachment(s)
Other than the obvious screen shot of RCU off your work pc....let's see what your PC is displaying the majority of your working day...[8D]

Here's mine..

DaveG55 10-28-2010 08:49 AM

RE: Show a Screen Shot of your Work PC

I'll be real surprised if there are a lot of screen shots posted.
I know my work machines show patient info 99% of the time so posting that would be a HUGE HIPA violation. My wife is in IT for a Sony subsidary and 99% of the stuff on her machine is highly propritary so that would never happen either.

My guess is that most folks will be the same way...

Eman77 10-28-2010 09:19 AM

I think Dave is dead wrong. I think most people would end up posting pics of screenshots of RCU, since that's what we're all looking at while at work anyway.

[8D]

DaveG55 10-28-2010 09:30 AM

ORIGINAL: Eman77

I think Dave is dead wrong. I think most people would end up posting pics of screenshots of RCU, since that's what we're all looking at while at work anyway.

[8D]
He speciffically asked for shots of whats on the screen the majority of your work day - EXCLUDING shots of RCU.

Not worth my job and professional liscense to post that stuff anywhere on the net, but you feel free - and I did notice that you did not post a screen shot of your work :)

Eman77 10-28-2010 09:46 AM

Easy dude, just joking around.

Eman77 10-28-2010 09:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Anyway, here's one of my screens. Not that exciting.

DaveG55 10-28-2010 09:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here, I'll relent slightly...
This is an example of what I see daily on our computers, I'm an x-ray tech. It is NOT an image I took although I have taken similarly odd images. It was NOT taken at my place of buisness. It IS readily available on the internet by searching for "unusual x-rays"

J.D.T 10-28-2010 10:02 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I agree about the hippa BS, gotta love the internet though, tons of cool x rays

Eman77 10-28-2010 10:14 AM

Ouch!

Eman77 10-28-2010 10:24 AM

Tommygun - what is it you do for a living?

DarkFire989 10-28-2010 10:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Visual Basic! :D Technically not Work Work. But it is what I do at school most of the time.

tommygun32 10-28-2010 11:18 AM

Dave....all i can hope is THAT one was of a woman....OUCH!! [:@]

ORIGINAL: DaveG55

Here, I'll relent slightly...
This is an example of what I see daily on our computers, I'm an x-ray tech. It is NOT an image I took although I have taken similarly odd images. It was NOT taken at my place of buisness. It IS readily available on the internet by searching for ''unusual x-rays''

Eman, I work for a group of radio stations. I'm the guy that makes the commercials, jingles, promos plus do a load of voice over work.

Lunchboxer 10-28-2010 11:26 AM

Sounds like a fun job, Tommy!

Eman77 10-28-2010 11:31 AM

Wow, interesting! Never met anyone that did that before.

DaveG55 10-28-2010 11:35 AM

Tommy, since I didn't take that one I cannot say for sure but I don't think so. There are no breast shadows and it's centered too high to tell gender for sure. The most memorable one for me was a lightbulb in the same spot. The subject claimed to have fallen asleep at a party and "woke up that way"...

Dale Gribble 10-28-2010 11:42 AM

I run a bunch of console level (aka command line) and proprietary apps... Not very exciting at all.

Ttam Says Blarg 10-28-2010 11:56 AM

Eh I work at subway and our comp just rings up sandwiches.
I also go to valley college.

tommygun32 10-29-2010 01:32 AM

Eman & LB, yes it's a lot of fun. The kind of job that even after 13 years gets me out of bed.

I get paid to be creative, which is pretty cool. In one day I can meet clients and get an idea about what their product/services are and what they have in mind. Go and write a couple of scripts, get approvals, send for voicing or voice myself. Then produce it all up with sound effects, editing, music, etc. Send the commercial to client and if they approve it, listen to the finished product on air on my way home...[&:][8D]

Dave....that situation begs the question....[&:]

How in the WORLD does a doctor safely remove a lightbulb from that region of the body with out breaking it??? [:-] [:@]

ThEoNeS911 10-29-2010 09:19 AM

Like it happened in Scrubs.. with a balloon.

DaveG55 10-29-2010 11:20 AM

ORIGINAL: ThEoNeS911

Like it happened in Scrubs.. with a balloon.

I'm sure that patient wishes TV was real life.
In real life the bulb did break during removal. The patient has to wear a colostomy bag for life.

So the moral to this story is...Be very careful what you insert into body cavities, any body cavity...

only1battman 10-29-2010 02:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
<div style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-family: Arial; font-size: 12px; ">i get to see somthing like this all day long...</div>

only1battman 10-29-2010 02:55 PM

sorry for the picture being so big.

tommygun32 10-29-2010 03:56 PM

no probs only1battman.....is this what you log onto every morning?

IFR Pilot 11-03-2010 08:42 PM

They chain me in so I don't leave too early for lunch. http://www.universe.nasa.gov/images/...troe2-test.jpg

buggyboy2010 11-03-2010 09:25 PM

What in the hell is that?! LOL

ORIGINAL: Moms Mistake

They chain me in so I don't leave too early for lunch. http://www.universe.nasa.gov/images/...troe2-test.jpg