RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/off-topic-forum-cars-trucks-buggies-more-392/)
-   -   my poor dog :( (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/off-topic-forum-cars-trucks-buggies-more-392/10636878-my-poor-dog.html)

drbenz 07-26-2011 02:45 PM

RE: my poor dog :(

Cowboy....take a hike...this is the off topic forum. The rest of you i feel your pain.. I had to put my dog down last month after 14 years of being the best dog ever. Hardest thing I ever had to do.

electricrc68 07-26-2011 02:47 PM

thats heart-breaking! i would cry for a whole month if i had to put my dog down! :(

joebahl 07-26-2011 05:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
From one dog lover to another i feel for you ,we lost a min pin 2 years ago and we still miss the mean little ars. It was my girfriends dog and took a while before he would not bring blood to my legs but we became close friends. He went at 15 years old ,heart problems. I waited for a year then brought this home for her and she,tinker, is as spoiled as the min pin was.lol Hope your friend gets better very soon. joe

electricrc68 07-26-2011 06:26 PM

thats a nice little doggie :) sorry to hear about the previous one :(

ovationdave 07-26-2011 06:41 PM

Ok, the picture of the poor guy under the bed hurt me a bit. He couldn't look more pathetic if he tried. Hope he is better soon. Use the vaseline though, those pads need to keep moist to heal......

Good luck.

Dave

ovationdave 07-26-2011 06:43 PM

I feel more for this dog than I do for Amy whats herface.........who cares.

ORIGINAL: CowboyLifesaver

oh my God you posted this on an RC forum.........oh wait that is what everyone is saying about he Amy Dumba** post in the same category

electricrc68 07-27-2011 05:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
<div style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-family: Arial; font-size: 12px; ">thanks for the kind words ovationdave. i will also make sure to keep them moist with vaseline. oh and heres an update on my dog. hes feeling much better now and doesn't need the e-collar while we are around! the skin on the wound grew back, and now we just need to wait for the pads to build up. im really happy that he is recovering.</div>

The_Shark 07-27-2011 08:30 AM

ORIGINAL: joebahl

From one dog lover to another i feel for you ,we lost a min pin 2 years ago and we still miss the mean little ars. It was my girfriends dog and took a while before he would not bring blood to my legs but we became close friends. He went at 15 years old ,heart problems. I waited for a year then brought this home for her and she,tinker, is as spoiled as the min pin was.lol Hope your friend gets better very soon. joe
any animal that bites me like that is going to get its neck snapped.

glad to hear the dogs getting better, its always scary when your pet is ill/injured.

Bruno Stachel 07-27-2011 08:31 AM

Good to hear he's comming around. He's a great looking pooch. Labs sure are great dogs.

ebailey95 07-27-2011 02:39 PM

Its a dog.. They heal just like humans, dont really need a post about a hurt pet. Dont get me wrong, I have 4 dogs of my own, but they are not humans and shouldn't be treated like humans IMHO.

electricrc68 07-27-2011 03:22 PM

ORIGINAL: Bruno Stachel

Good to hear he's comming around. He's a great looking pooch. Labs sure are great dogs.
thanks. i really do like labs. and he is also our first dog :)
<br type="_moz" />

jessiej 07-27-2011 04:14 PM

ORIGINAL: ebailey95

Its a dog.. They heal just like humans, dont really need a post about a hurt pet. Dont get me wrong, I have 4 dogs of my own, but they are not humans and shouldn't be treated like humans IMHO.

Right. Dogs are much more loyal and courageous. They also have much keener senses and better instincts.

jess

electricrc68 07-27-2011 04:34 PM

ORIGINAL: jessiej

Right. Dogs are much more loyal and courageous. They also have much keener senses and better instincts.

jess
+1. i have found that my dog is the best companion i have.
<br type="_moz" />

electricrc68 07-28-2011 07:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)
wow....he must feel like himself again!

Tjettzky 07-28-2011 10:55 AM

ORIGINAL: electricrc68

jess
<br type=''_moz'' />

For all intents and purposes, our dog is our kid. We know darn well she isn't a human. She's a dog, yet we love her all the same and she is a key member of our family. Because she isn't a human mean that if she got hurt like the OP's Lab she shouldn't receive proper medical attention?

If you don't like the thread's subject, don't read the thread. There are plenty of others to choose from. It's not like this one is taking up massive chuncks of RCU's server space and slowing other threads load speeds down...

electricrc68 07-28-2011 11:01 AM

ORIGINAL: Tjettzky

jess
<br type="" />

For all intents and purposes, our dog is our kid. We know darn well she isn't a human. She's a dog, yet we love her all the same and she is a key member of our family. Because she isn't a human mean that if she got hurt like the OP's Lab she shouldn't receive proper medical attention?

If you don't like the thread's subject, don't read the thread. There are plenty of others to choose from. It's not like this one is taking up massive chuncks of RCU's server space and slowing other threads load speeds down...
yeah. my parents treat him like a kid and i treat him like my brother....in a good way :D
<br type="_moz" />

The_Shark 07-28-2011 08:10 PM

jess
more like dumb and instinctual:D dogs are in my opinion are dictated by instinct not courage, keen senses are in place of intelligence.

i like my animals i have, i suppose if it was rattling around in my head, would post if they where sick, not humans yes, but i take care of them and give the care they need, however i wouldnt flinch if i had to put them down, would make me sad but it is an animal.

cats to me are more intelligent than dogs, but keep to thier selves and dont follow orders- freewill is a sign of higher intelligence

meef rustler 07-28-2011 09:06 PM

jess
<br type=''_moz'' />

You're joking me, right? Its a dog. You are acting like its dying. I've had many dogs in my household and have grown close to them. I no longer have any dogs, but best companion? Dude, you need to spend less time on these forums and more time getting out and making some friends. Over 3300 posts in 7 months. Do something better with your time. Back to the dog... Your dog is your best companion... A sibling or a good friend is the best companion. I mean sure you can play with the dog, but a good friend is the one who will help you out in time of need, or lend you a hand. Not a dog. A dog will not help you in anyway. It may make you smile... But nothing else. Get a good friend that you can rely on. Loyal? A dog obeys its master, they do not have free will. You cannot call a dog smart for learning tricks, I mean you can teach a hamster to respond to its name. I dont mind or care that you posted this thread, but come on. I could put my own dog down and it would not inflict damage to me emotionally. The dog was good and its his time to go. So, get off rcu for once and get some friends that are better companions than a dog.

electricrc68 07-29-2011 07:11 AM

meef rustler, many people have a dog as a best companion. my friends aren't worth **** and my brother either. and why do you care what i do? maybe i come on here? what does it matter to you? its not affecting your life in any way is it? i like animals MUCH MUCH more than humans. **** you meef. **** you.

ElectricGuy007 07-29-2011 08:38 AM

one of his hind legs have cracked paw pads which started to bleed....we put a cone on his head and cleaned up the wound and put a sock on it. i feel very, very bad for him. he also is limping because of the pain. :( I hope he will get well soon. [img][/img]
I hope he gets better. The cone and sock should help. We had to put one of our dogs asleep recently because he couldnt even get up and move around. He was close to 20 years old and I think his heart got so big it was crushing his other organs.[&o] He had heart trouble for a long time, we bought medicine for him but we couldnt ever get him to take it. We would mix it in his food and he wouldnt eat the food.[:'(]

electricrc68 07-29-2011 08:39 AM

thanks. its working so far.

meef rustler 07-29-2011 08:54 AM

meef rustler, many people have a dog as a best companion. my friends aren't worth **** and my brother either. and why do you care what i do? maybe i come on here? what does it matter to you? its not affecting your life in any way is it? i like animals MUCH MUCH more than humans. **** you meef. **** you.
Well, if the dog is your companion, okay. But I care what you do on these forums because you always post in threads that you don't know anything about. You post a variety of unneeded, un-helpful posts.

electricrc68 07-29-2011 09:31 AM

ORIGINAL: ElectricGuy007

one of his hind legs have cracked paw pads which started to bleed....we put a cone on his head and cleaned up the wound and put a sock on it. i feel very, very bad for him. he also is limping because of the pain. :( I hope he will get well soon.[img][/img]
I hope he gets better. The cone and sock should help. We had to put one of our dogs asleep recently because he couldnt even get up and move around. He was close to 20 years old and I think his heart got so big it was crushing his other organs.[&amp;o] He had heart trouble for a long time, we bought medicine for him but we couldnt ever get him to take it. We would mix it in his food and he wouldnt eat the food.[:'(]
:( thats sad. but thats good that he lived to 20.
<br type="_moz" />

electricrc68 07-29-2011 09:32 AM

ORIGINAL: meef rustler

Well, if the dog is your companion, okay. But I care what you do on these forums because you always post in threads that you don't know anything about. You post a variety of unneeded, un-helpful posts.

i already told you, **** you. how would you know what my life is like and telling me to get friends? maybe its tough for me to.
<br type="_moz" />

Paul_BB 07-29-2011 11:19 AM

haha he got used to it? wow! why did he need it for three months and what wound was it?
Oh, nothing serious, a little wound on his belly, but each time we took his E. collar away he made it worse. So at last we waited a long time before taking his collar away just to be sure. He is a Fox Terrier, and these little dogs are cute but pretty nervous. :)