RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/off-topic-forum-cars-trucks-buggies-more-392/)
-   -   whatcha git? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/off-topic-forum-cars-trucks-buggies-more-392/10865398-whatcha-git.html)

cumquat 12-18-2011 02:30 PM

whatcha git?

why not start it now. what did you get/are you getting for Christmas/Hanukkah/Kwanzaa/Whatevertheheckyoucelibrate? what do you want?

so far i have received a car shaped novelty mouse from my mom, a knife ([link=http://www.gerbergear.com/Essentials/Knives/Fast-Draw-Knife_22-47161]gerber fast draw[/link]) and grooming kit ([link=http://www.remingtonproducts.com/mens/Groomers/PersonalGroomers/All-In-1-Grooming-System.aspx]remington 3-in-1[/link]) from my grandpa, do to bad wrapping i know my mom's boyfriend (saying that REALLY creeps me out) got my a car calender and a container of shredded beef jerky and a few hotwheels to myself (i'm starting a collection).

suburban_hooligan 12-18-2011 04:15 PM

RE: whatcha git?

i know im getting RC parts. im just not sure if they are for my losi XXXT or my bolink eliminator.

i also know im getting a few video games. im just not sure what games or for what console. could be NES, SNES, sega genesis, N64, or PS2.

what i want and im keeping my fingers crossed are handlebars for my bike. really been eyeing and begging for a pair of S&M slam bars. they are just out of my price range right now, so the only way im going to get them is for Christmas so...

also want the mothers powercone. cause i am sick of polishing my rims by hand. but i forgot to add it to my list so im probably not getting it.

frankly i prefer to not know what im getting. i work on my Christmas list year round and make it as long and varied as possible so that im surprised. 1:1 car parts? RC car parts? video games? CD's? DVD's? tools? books? miscellaneous? who knows! ill let you know when the hangover wears off

FahrtAutoRC 12-18-2011 04:58 PM

I know I am getting socks and boxers. I look forward to this holiday just because of that hehe I remember hating that when I was a kid though!

The_Shark 12-18-2011 05:11 PM

i KNOW im getting a bolink/jp speed digger.

cant wait to build it/try it out.

im going to run a (you guessed it) a outrunner brushless system in it, and actually thinking i can run a dual motor setup

cumquat 12-18-2011 05:11 PM

ritzy! boxers arent cheap!:D

proanti1 12-18-2011 05:40 PM

Dual motors in a digger? Never thought about that... sure makes me want to try it though.

The_Shark 12-18-2011 06:22 PM

ORIGINAL: proanti1

Dual motors in a digger? Never thought about that... sure makes me want to try it though.
i think it will work with two heli 250 outrunners. should just be a matter of dual esc's and a extra spur hub.

the sound would be sweet:D

proanti1 12-18-2011 06:32 PM

You could probably get some pretty good speed out of it too... you could run really small spurs, those outrunners are torquey.

splcrazy 12-18-2011 07:32 PM

looks like im going to spend another $400 plus on 5b parts at ddm again and i dont think it will be delivered before christmas maybe get delivered tues weds. next week .

yakfish 12-19-2011 01:42 AM

We do thing a little weird for christmas. My in-laws ussually do Christmas around thanksgiving so that is already over with. My partents live about 8 hours away and they came down the begining of Novemeber for the birth of our second daughter so we just did Christmas with them while they were here. So we still have Dec. 25th left that I will celebrate with my wife and two little girls. From the in-laws I got a new Jammin CRT.5 pro kit which I already have built and running! From my parents we bought a new laptop with the money they gave my wife and I. My wife is going to buy me tools! A 6 inch bench grider, 4 inch vise, Heat gun and a set of calipers! From myself, I bought a used 8ight 2.0 roller for a brushless conversion that should get here sometime this week hopefully! This has been a good holiday season!:D

Foxy 12-19-2011 02:48 AM

Top of the range sony video camera, E-Flite Blade mSR with DX5e and sim (get dx6i if I like helis later), possibly a samsung galaxy, no doubt boxers and socks (I like them now too, whereas I didn't as a kid lol)...the rest...no clue.

I know if I don't get the phone for christmas I'll get it for b'day (4th Feb).

tommygun32 12-19-2011 04:42 AM

Now if that's not a blatant hint Foxy....:eek: (joke)

ORIGINAL: Foxy
I know if I don't get the phone for christmas I'll get it for b'day (4th Feb).

The_Shark 12-19-2011 01:50 PM

socks would be welcome, all mine make me look like a hobo;)

huh, so would 500rds of .45colt slugs, too bad you need a FOID to buy em. im all out of ammo, sept for the stuff i use for home defense (grinch beware! 255gr @1200FPS Hpoints![X(])

pythonfan 12-19-2011 05:33 PM

I make a list, mom goes wth is this and i basically have to order everything...

lg optimus V - Newegg has a crazy deal for my provider so i thought I'd jump on it. - This is the main gift I'm really looking forward to, my current phone is no slacker but its old and i'm tired of but dialing.

With the help of foxy a nice charger, few battery packs, hobby king 2.4ghz radio, lipo charge bag, connectors for esc and batteries.

AE Steel pinion for the car to handle the brushless motor.

A-tech leo X aka venom mini giant which the plan is to take it up several notches to the brushless age.

The_Shark 12-19-2011 07:58 PM

thats the problem with rc hobbyists, no one knows what to get you so basicly you give them a list.... so impersonal:D

pythonfan 12-19-2011 08:22 PM

ORIGINAL: The_Shark

thats the problem with rc hobbyists, no one knows what to get you so basicly you give them a list.... so impersonal:D
Well for mine i had it quite clear, basically i had a list of singled out items to pick and choose from. Grab one of these, or this, or that etx and i would of been happy with anything but mom dislikes clicking on links. She rather me write it down so she can look it up herself (because she can find this kind of stuff right?) she even said to just write down the link.... Hmm typing a link vs clicking, i still don't understand this one.

<**************Rc items**********************
chrome rims - link
bearings - link
wheelie bar - link
small tower hobbies cart pre maid - link
******************* misc items****************
headphones - link
memory card - link
pc parts - link

mobo - link
cpu - link ****** Go together...
ram - link

This is to hard though.

tommygun32 12-20-2011 06:39 AM

Ha! My wife asked me once what I'd like for Christmas, so I told her. Even happened to be near the LHS so I showed her an OS VZB V-spe .21. :D

She turnes to me and says, "That's NOT a present!!":eek:

Me, I can't think of anything better than that as a present. I told here, watch my eyes POP if I were to find that under the tree on Xmas morning [X(][&:].

quietnas1 12-20-2011 09:39 AM

Lol. My wife tells me the same thing, that RC stuff is not a present. So I have no idea what I'm getting.

splcrazy 12-20-2011 10:30 PM

ORIGINAL: quietnas1

Lol. My wife tells me the same thing, that RC stuff is not a present. So I have no idea what I'm getting.
um you have a wife , think harder ? you might get for christamas you know;);):D

cumquat 12-20-2011 11:30 PM

ORIGINAL: splcrazy

ORIGINAL: quietnas1

um you have a wife , think harder ? you might get for christamas you know;);):D
a day without being nagged!

xerxes 12-23-2011 11:50 PM

xerxes gets nuthn, so he givs nuthn.

SyCo_VeNoM 12-24-2011 01:00 PM

getting a RC18b

cumquat 12-25-2011 06:11 AM

i got a '60s mustang wall hang, a mustang emblem coat hook, chocolate monopoly, a small kobalt tool kit, a large key-chain multi-tool, a country cd, home alone 2, some baked goods from my aunt (she makes good stuff!) and a few other things i cant remember. i also got an IOU (my mom kept asking what i want but i had no clue until Thursday at which point, she was broke[:@]) for a losi 1/24th scale with some aquarium gravel and wood (use the wood to build a table, cover the table with the gravel and presto; i have a place to run the tiny rc without worry of losing it!):D[8D]

yakfish 12-25-2011 12:07 PM

ORIGINAL: cumquat

i got a '60s mustang wall hang, a mustang emblem coat hook, chocolate monopoly, a small kobalt tool kit, a large key-chain multi-tool, a country cd, home alone 2, some baked goods from my aunt (she makes good stuff!) and a few other things i cant remember. i also got an IOU (my mom kept asking what i want but i had no clue until Thursday at which point, she was broke[:@]) for a losi 1/24th scale with some aquarium gravel and wood (use the wood to build a table, cover the table with the gravel and presto; i have a place to run the tiny rc without worry of losing it!):D[8D]
We are watching Home Alone 2 right now! We watched the first one last night. Christmas tradition.[8D]

splcrazy 12-25-2011 01:18 PM

i spent $700 at ddm so im still waiting to get mine should get it by wed and i also spent $385 on cuban cigars , and $125 on alcohol.