RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/off-topic-forum-cars-trucks-buggies-more-392/)
-   -   GO FORD (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/off-topic-forum-cars-trucks-buggies-more-392/10933877-go-ford.html)

tapkoote 01-29-2012 12:41 PM

GO FORD

Ford fans have something to crow about
top three spots at Daytona
tap

proanti1 01-29-2012 01:07 PM

RE: GO FORD

Um, the Rolex 24? First place was a Corvette, second and third were Fords.

tapkoote 01-29-2012 03:21 PM

HUH???<div>this was the one I watched</div><div>http://www.speedtv.com//video/auto-racing/rolex-final-lap-24-hrs-at-daytona-2012-1421790172001/1#_vtop</div><div>have a good one:D</div><div>tap</div>

The_Shark 01-29-2012 05:52 PM

Before i would BOO on ford, but actually the stuff they have been pumping out is really nice looking and refined, now i like them better than chevy, but not as much as Dodge

funny thing in the US...

focus- australian design
tarus- australian design
fiesta- australian design
transit- australian design
Fusion- either australian or volvo design.

ive paid attention to the Australian market for years (since i want to move there) and all the things that are "new" here, existed YEARS over there. i LIKE the focus now, before they where the most god awful jittery, buzzy, slow plasicy pieces of crap on the road.

sorry, kinda went off in left field:eek:

TheKennyKiller 01-29-2012 06:19 PM

ORIGINAL: The_Shark

Before i would BOO on ford, but actually the stuff they have been pumping out is really nice looking and refined, now i like them better than chevy, but not as much as Dodge

funny thing in the US...

focus- australian design
tarus- australian design

ive paid attention to the Australian market for years (since i want to move there) and all the things that are ''new'' here, existed YEARS over there. i LIKE the focus now, before they where the most god awful jittery, buzzy, slow plasicy pieces of crap on the road.

I think most if not all of those models you mentioned are designed in Europe. I know we design and make the ford falcon and fairlane but I thought the rest of their Australian line up was designed elsewhere. We do have a F-250 sold here in Aus but I would love to see the ford raptor hit our shores.

The_Shark 01-29-2012 09:07 PM

oh, well at least alot of them are made there some from sources in europe (where i would like to know), the new fords here are made here. thats the thing, its hard to figure out where a car comes from, heck could be designed in germany, parts made in japan, built in england and then sold under a american name.
but i do know for a fact that the pontiac G8 and GTO are holden commodores that are imported, sadly the line failed due to pontiac going under, though i have heard that the camaro is almost all commodore.

the raptor is a cool truck but i think it has a $80,000 price tag!

tapkoote 01-29-2012 10:18 PM

Shark<div>you mention holden commodore</div><div>I recently saw that BBC show top gear, thought they had on an Australian Pontiac.</div><div>Looked tough, sounded great.</div><div>Is that what you refer to?</div><div>How were they connected to the American version?</div><div>tap</div>

TheKennyKiller 01-30-2012 03:41 AM

The Commodore is indeed sold in America as a Pontiac. Shark I hear what you're saying about it being hard to really know where a car is being made, I bought a new ute in 09 made by Nissan and the model I got was made in Thailand while the 08 model before it which looked exactly same was made in Japan. 80 big ones for a Raptor huh... well it would be nice to see other people driving them I guess.

Foxy 01-30-2012 04:46 AM

Yes, but can they turn right!?

buggyboy2010 01-30-2012 08:50 AM

HA!

ORIGINAL: Foxy

Yes, but can they turn right!?

FahrtAutoRC 01-30-2012 09:01 AM

Last I saw I believe it was around 50k, but don't quote me. And while Dodge is great, their new Dart makes me shudder
<br type="_moz" />

proanti1 01-30-2012 09:37 AM

funny thing in the US...

focus- australian design
tarus- australian design

ive paid attention to the Australian market for years (since i want to move there) and all the things that are ''new'' here, existed YEARS over there. i LIKE the focus now, before they where the most god awful jittery, buzzy, slow plasicy pieces of crap on the road.

Focus - European
Taurus - America
Fiesta - Brazilian
Transit - European
Fusion - There are two, one designed by the British and sold all over Europe, and another designed and produced in America.

The Monaro is a rebranded Pontiac GTO. They are made in Australia, but the American counterpart (GTO) is made in America.

proanti1 01-30-2012 09:38 AM

ORIGINAL: FahrtAutoRC

Last I saw I believe it was around 50k, but don't quote me. And while Dodge is great, their new Dart makes me shudder
<br type=''_moz'' />
Yeah, there is a used one down the street from me for $35k... I think they are only just barely over $50k brand new and fully loaded.

cumminspower5.9 01-30-2012 10:07 AM

Not worth it to me to pay $50k for a gas guzzling pickup. when would you ever run a Dakar rally anyway if you bought one?  Im not a fan boy of auto makes. as long as it gets ya A to B reliably and safely.

DaveG55 01-30-2012 10:24 AM

ORIGINAL: proanti1

<br type=''_moz'' />
Yeah, there is a used one down the street from me for $35k... I think they are only just barely over $50k brand new and fully loaded.
Per the Ford website... 2012 Raptor, MSP starting price - $42,570.00. Don't know what the top-out at but the base looked pretty well equiped.

edit: http://www.ford.com/trucks/f150/trim/?trim=raptor

Lunchboxer 01-30-2012 10:44 AM

Not to take anything away from Ford, but those Riley chassis seems to win with whatever engine.. I think Riley has won the past 7 or 8 Daytona 24 Hours.. with engines from Porsche, Lexus, Pontiac, BMW and now Ford...

tapkoote 01-30-2012 12:51 PM

Your right on there
they spread the joy around
tap

The_Shark 01-30-2012 04:16 PM

<br type=''_moz'' />
kinda a let down, cool looking compact but the side profile is weak and i think it should have been RWD.

FahrtAutoRC 01-30-2012 04:48 PM

I felt it should feel a little less Far East and stick closer to what the namesake car was.

<br type="" />
kinda a let down, cool looking compact but the side profile is weak and i think it should have been RWD.

proanti1 01-31-2012 07:07 AM

Why should it be 2wd? It's basically a cheap pre-runner... I would love to have one, but I can barely afford to keep my ****ty jeep alive.

iexion 01-31-2012 03:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)

<br type=''_moz'' />
A Friggin AGREED![:@]
This is a 10 sec car from the factory. Extremely rare with the hemi
what the hell do they call this other... thingy[&:].
Jacked post woops :eek:

SAVAGEJIM 01-31-2012 04:45 PM

funny thing in the US...

focus- australian design
tarus- australian design

Don't fprget the Falcon, which is not available in the US at all. I guess its kinda fair, Oz gets the Falcon and the US gets the Taurus.

SAVAGEJIM 01-31-2012 04:50 PM

ORIGINAL: iexion

<br type=''_moz'' />
A Friggin AGREED![:@]
This is a 10 sec car from the factory. Extremely rare with the hemi
what the hell do they call this other... thingy[&:].
Jacked post woops :eek:
Just like Chyrsler to take a badass two door muscle car and weenie-fy it by turning it into a 4cyl-v6 four door family car.
Hell, look at what they did to the Charger...They took a Chrysler 300, put a Dodge cross grille, and dared to call that a Charger!

The General Lee was a Charger. The Chargers of today to me are a shame to the original chargers of the late 60's and early 70s. The 2nd generation Chargers, and to some extent, the 3rd generation Chargers are my favorites. Even the first gen Chargers appeal to me.

The_Shark 01-31-2012 09:21 PM

i like the NEW charger, but its not a charger
i like the new dart, but its not a dart
i kinda like the new challenger, but its not a challenger.

bad name choices, but not bad cars.

FahrtAutoRC 02-01-2012 07:21 AM

So what ever happened to affordable 2 door V8's anyways? Even with all this go green and such you would think there would be SOME offerings from old-school America.