RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/off-topic-forum-cars-trucks-buggies-more-392/)
-   -   Things you've found... (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/off-topic-forum-cars-trucks-buggies-more-392/11029186-things-youve-found.html)

cumminspower5.9 04-05-2012 06:05 AM

Things you've found...

Hey guys. Just thought I would start a fun thread about things you have found. Whether it is walking, biking, cleaning something. You get the picture.

Here's mine, Me and my wife were walking down the road one day in the fall. i saw something shiny in the grass. As i got to it I noticed it was a freaking new Ipod touch!! Just laying there in the grass! What luck that was. this was about 2 years ago, and im still using it to this day. awesome find.

Eman77 04-05-2012 06:16 AM

RE: Things you've found...

I found my sanity the other day.

...but then I lost it again.

cumminspower5.9 04-05-2012 06:52 AM

Better find it agai lol. look in the grass on the side of the road :)

DaveG55 04-05-2012 06:58 AM

I was a contractor for 15 years. Our main clients were realtors that handled forclosed properties. Among many other things we cleaned the properties for them. You'ld be hard pressed to name something I have NOT found. In fact, one of the hardest things about the clean-outs were keeping the cleaning crew cleaning and not scavagining for goodies. I do have to say though that every "find" was not a good one.

FahrtAutoRC 04-05-2012 08:10 AM

I found a couple of power drills I didn't know I had and some good camping equipment when I was cleaning/re-organizing my garage. I also just checked and....yep, $3.78 in my couch coushins. Maybe if i leave it there it will grow interest. Anybody know the APR for an average sofa?

yakfish 04-05-2012 08:15 AM

About 5 years ago my parents purchased a forclosed home for the most part the house was empty but out in the shed we found a 5 hp Evinrude outboard boat motor! I also found a Honda generator on the side of the road. I wanted to stop and pick it up but so did the giuy in front of me. He got to it first. Several years ago while I was fishing snaged smeones lost fishing rod that had somehow made it way out to th middle of the lake. It worked good to!

Ttam Says Blarg 04-05-2012 08:26 AM

Found 20 dollars on the ground at MC Ds a couple months ago.

proanti1 04-05-2012 08:30 AM

I was at hemp fest in Washington, walking through a field with my friend, and I come across a brand new glass pipe just laying in the grass. I was not exactly sober, and the whole situation just blew my mind.

I used to work at an auto scrap yard, we would find a lot of cool stuff. A go worker found a 357 pistol in the trunk of car that came in. I found a huge bag of quarters, about $300 worth.

Another cool thing I found was an RC fan boat in an abandoned house, there's a thread around here somewhere about it.

The_Shark 04-05-2012 08:38 AM

i found a dead lizard inside inside a Buick's computer housing. i found a bullet inside a intact tire, the bullet was used and flattened (and hollow point) i found a cheap wallet with $5 in it. i found a smart phone in the street, i wanted to keep it but i found the missing battery and called the owner, got $20 so hey. i found $20 just laying in the grass at a park, no one was around, no clip, so its mine.

Dale Gribble 04-05-2012 12:29 PM

For those that have found money: it was mine; I dropped it. Please send back to me ASAP. :D

The_Shark 04-05-2012 10:19 PM

ORIGINAL: proanti1

I was at hemp fest in Washington, walking through a field with my friend, and I come across a brand new glass pipe just laying in the grass. I was not exactly sober, and the whole situation just blew my mind.

I used to work at an auto scrap yard, we would find a lot of cool stuff. A go worker found a 357 pistol in the trunk of car that came in. I found a huge bag of quarters, about $300 worth.

Another cool thing I found was an RC fan boat in an abandoned house, there's a thread around here somewhere about it.
i so much want to go abandoned building hunting, but 1- im sure its not legal, 2- afraid if a house is used for drug dealing, 3- would have to wear masks and incinerate clothing in-case of termites, asbestos, bedbugs, or other bad things.

funny thing is the stuff i find in the trash or in thrift stores works better than the things you buy new today.

proanti1 04-06-2012 06:41 AM

I never really went out seeking abandoned houses, I just wandered across them.

I was out fishing with my friend and we came across an island which a river looped around, on the island was an abandoned farm house. Inside the house was so much cool stuff, like a really old TV, and some old toys. The barn had an old Model T, an old tractor, several engines, and random stuff like that. Everything was no newer than like 1960. We grabbed a few small things, but left the majority of it alone. It was pretty eerie, and looked like these people just up and left. There was still canned food in the cupboards, and a half bottle of whisky under the sink. A car was sunken under the remnants of the dock we tied up to. This was back in Washington, when I was about 16, I have no idea if the house is still there.

A friend and I found another one that had a VW bug in the garage, in really good condition. We were pretty young back then, and scared to touch anything.

The_Shark 04-06-2012 10:09 AM

Im pretty timid when it comes to some things, but i love eerie buildings, makes me feel like sherlock holmes, im both facinated and terrified of ghosts.

there is this "grain elevator" in the middle of town that i would love to rome in, its very old and tall, its square, made of thick concrete, has these creepy shutter windows up high, and giant chute about 1/2 up, the top of the building looks like a castle, this was not a grain elevator but something else, its for sale and i would love to figure out what it really is and what's in it, whats more is there is NO graffiti??? nothing, after all these years.

splcrazy 04-06-2012 03:39 PM

Im still hoping to one day find a big black garbage bag full of money some drugged up junky has accidentaly thrown out on the side of the road hahaha

The_Shark 04-06-2012 06:46 PM

i run across that money, its going in my pocket, end of story.

quietnas1 04-17-2012 10:29 PM

Lets see. Found a Samsung Galaxy and a 12 Mega Pixel camera working at the airport.

splcrazy 04-20-2012 02:22 AM

ORIGINAL: quietnas1

Lets see. Found a Samsung Galaxy and a 12 Mega Pixel camera working at the airport.
what kind of pics were in the camera ?

Foxy 04-20-2012 04:45 AM

My recent new to me car (a Civic Type R hatch) came without a stereo head unit in it, but some speakers of unknown origin.

I was quite prepared to be buying a head unit and a full set of speakers, and almost pulled the trigger on a really expensive set, when a little voice in my head said "just put the stereo in and see first!", so I did.

The speakers are phenomenal. Some kind of custom set with Hertz components, they really are awesome.

So, I found a really nice set of speakers, although technically they were already my property. :)

quietnas1 04-22-2012 08:14 PM

Oops.

quietnas1 04-22-2012 08:15 PM

ORIGINAL: splcrazy

Looks like whoever lost the camera was at some exotic car show. Bunch of pics of Ferraris Lambo's, Porche, Ford GT,, and a few high end Japanese sports cars.

The_Shark 04-23-2012 08:20 PM

ORIGINAL: splcrazy

Looks like whoever lost the camera was at some exotic car show. Bunch of pics of Ferraris Lambo's, Porche, Ford GT,, and a few high end Japanese sports cars.
... sounds like a immature kid based on his tastes of cars.