RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/off-topic-forum-cars-trucks-buggies-more-392/)
-   -   Post your favorite quotes (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/off-topic-forum-cars-trucks-buggies-more-392/11091302-post-your-favorite-quotes.html)

rcguy59 05-23-2012 04:50 PM

RE: Post your favorite quotes

<font size="4"><span>"When I joined the military it was illegal to be homosexual,</span></font><div style="background:white;"><font size="4"><span>then it became optional, and now it's legal. </span></font></div><div style="background:white;" id="yui_3_2_0_1_1337820508653150"><font size="4"><span>I'm getting out before Obama makes it mandatory."

Gunnery Sargent Harry Berres, USMC</span></font></div>

rcguy59 05-23-2012 04:52 PM

"Never wound a problem. Kill it dead." Clarence "Kelly" Johnson, Aeronautical Genius Extraordinaire

Silvaire 05-23-2012 04:54 PM

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Albert Einstein

It is not true that life is one damn thing after another - it's one damn thing over and over.
Edna St. Vincent Millay

rcguy59 05-23-2012 04:55 PM

" Always give the hardest job to the laziest man because he will find the easiest way to do it." Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

SyCo_VeNoM 05-23-2012 04:57 PM

"There are no stupid questions only stupid people." Mr. Garrison (attribute is from a google search)

Scott Adams (who I originally thought said it, from the googles) said something similar
If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?

Lightspeed1551 05-23-2012 05:19 PM

Don't try to be a great man, just be a man, and let history make its own judgments.

5skyhawk172 05-23-2012 05:21 PM

"When my time on Earth is gone And my activities here are past I want that they should bury me upside down So my critics can kiss my ass."  Bobby Knight

yakfish 05-23-2012 05:36 PM

ORIGINAL: eddieC

The Queen vs. Churchill: 'Sir, if I were your wife, I'd put poison in your coffee.''
''Madam, if I were your husband, I'd drink it.'

ORIGINAL: Foxy

''Mr Churchill, you are DRUNK!''
''Indeed my lady, but you are ugly. Tomorrow I shall be sober.'' - Winston Churchill in British Parliament during the Second World War.

ORIGINAL: rcguy59

''If you are not a Liberal at the age of eighteen, you don't have a heart. If you are not a Conservative by the time you are forty, you don't have a brain.'' Sir Winston Churchill

Winstin Churchill, so many great quotes! got to love it!

blhollo2 05-23-2012 05:48 PM

"Pimpin aint easy but it pays the bills" Kat Williams

Jim_Purcha 05-23-2012 05:55 PM

Woody Allen from "Everything you wanted to know about Sex, but were afraid to ask". As he attempts (several times) to remove a steel chastity belt off of Vanessa Redgrave.:

"If we don't get this off soon. It'll be the renaissance and we'll all bepainting!".

FahrtAutoRC 05-23-2012 06:15 PM

I will not post my all time favorite for it is based upon religion Vs science, it involves Stephen Hawking and no time for God.

<span style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 16px; ">"one man can change the world with a bullet in the right place"</span> Mick Travis

Can you imagine what I would do if I could do all i can? -Sun Tzu

" <span style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 18px; ">There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.</span>" -Guess :p

SyCo_VeNoM 05-23-2012 06:21 PM

ORIGINAL: FahrtAutoRC

I will not post my all time favorite for it is based upon religion Vs science, it involves Stephen Hawking and no time for God.

<span style=''color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 16px; ''>''one man can change the world with a bullet in the right place''</span> Mick Travis

there's a few I couldn't post due to various forum rules ;)
Actually the one I did is one of the few that I remember which is not in violation of any rules.

Firepower R/C 05-23-2012 07:51 PM

-It is better to have flown and crashed than to never have flown at all-

Consequences, shmonsequences, as long as I’m rich… Daffy Duck

baronbrian 05-23-2012 08:32 PM

"A day you enjoyed wasting was not wasted"- John Lennon
"When you're going through hell, keep going" - another great quote by Sir Winston Churchill
"Marge, If you're going to get mad every time I do something stupid, then maybe I should stop doing stupid things" -Homer Simpson (Mr. Plow episode)

JRMS 05-23-2012 08:48 PM

Thank You all for posting, You have put a smile on my face.

"Ride Hard, Shoot Straight, Speak the Truth" Jeff Cooper

The_Shark 05-23-2012 09:19 PM

"I have a idea! a idea so smart my head would explode if i even began to know what i was talking about"- peter from "family guy"

quietnas1 05-23-2012 09:27 PM

A wise man can play the role of a fool but a fool could never play the role of a wise man.
Have no idea who said it but it's in my sig.

Everyone can be driven over the edge. All they need is a little push.
The Joker.

Great thread by the way.

The_Shark 05-23-2012 09:44 PM

ORIGINAL: quietnas1

A wise man can play the role of a fool but a fool could never play the role of a wise man.
Have no idea who said it but it's in my sig.

Everyone can be driven over the edge. All they need is a little push.
The Joker.

Great thread by the way.
I knew this quote for years, and I quoted that a few months ago... I forgot if i heard it from somewhere but "i think" i made it. its a good one

I also told the guys that at work when i got serious, I'm funny, easy going and goofy at work, trying to stay sane (again look at my sig), but i'm not dumb and i freaked them out when i had to get serious and blew them away with what i know, like a switch. they learned to respect my opinion after that.:D

TheKennyKiller 05-23-2012 11:01 PM

I'm Batman - Batman

rcmichael 05-24-2012 01:43 AM

Fool me once shame on you! Fool me twice, shame on me! It is better to be thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt!

t4 05-24-2012 04:14 AM

"Pacifism is a luxury paid for by warriors."

t4 05-24-2012 04:26 AM

"Pacifism is a luxury paid for by warriors."

groovy67 05-24-2012 04:52 AM

"A toy airplane is something you wind up,and it rolls along the floor.....a model airplane is completly different!"
Hardy Kruger-Flight of the Phoenix

smithfj 05-24-2012 04:54 AM

Work your way up-or rust your way out. Unknown
Ain't no biggie!!
Frank

tommygun32 05-24-2012 05:14 AM

Don't make a mountain out of a mole hill - unknown