RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/off-topic-forum-cars-trucks-buggies-more-392/)
-   -   whatcha get? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/off-topic-forum-cars-trucks-buggies-more-392/11342466-whatcha-get.html)

cumquat 12-23-2012 11:19 PM

whatcha get?

it's Christmas eve here in the US and i know some have already gotten some gifts. i got a red PS3 controller last week and this laptop on Saturday. i know one or 2 other gifts i'll be getting tomorrow but i'll wait to post those.

so, what did you guys get?

collector1231 12-24-2012 05:00 AM

RE: whatcha get?

From what i can see from the boxes under the tree, it sounds like;<div>1 pair of sleepwear</div><div>1 servo, receiver, or brushless motor.</div><div>1 Traxxas QR1 (i know that for a fact)</div><div>an thats not all of it, but it is all i know.</div>

lee172 12-24-2012 06:40 AM

Nuffin yet.

tommygun32 12-24-2012 09:35 AM

LOL! You guys already know....but haven't opened it yet. That's tomorrow morning. [8D]

FahrtAutoRC 12-24-2012 10:22 AM

My better half will be taking me to the Akron Christkindl festival for some good German cooked German food and bier :)

Aside from that, nothing haha As far as I know at least. Looking forward to our wedding and honeymoon in May, however, the timing makes the news a good enough gift for me!

suburban_hooligan 12-24-2012 11:38 AM

i know im getting a new hat, a glove box ring (dash trim peace for my 1:1 car), and a calendar.<div>there's a few more things under the tree with my name on them, but no idea what they are.</div>

The Collector1 12-24-2012 03:52 PM

I think I got a 500 and a 600 series heli from the boxes that are under the tree.

cumquat 12-25-2012 04:26 AM

i got these http://www.lowes.com/pd_407197-34170-62731_4294857616__?productId=3918421&Ns=p_product_ avg_rating|1 plus a couple hot wheels (i collect them), bbq sauce (a pack of small bottles of different flavors) and some candy. i'm going to my sister's in a few hours and i will get one or 2 more things then. havent gotten myself or my mom anything as i've been broke this month (well, my sister put my name on their gift to her but that doesnt count). not sure what i'm getting my mom but if i have enough after her present i'll get myself a new kit to use the new screw drivers on:D

tommygun32 12-25-2012 06:22 AM

Oh!! I also got a special 1/4 pound burger patty mold...:D

Talking about giving stuff, I think I need to sit down and work out how much we spent on the kids' presents....[:@]

I know this is going to hurt.

Can't believe the difference from when I was a kid and now-a-days.:eek:

It was a good Christmas if I got a bucket of lego's, a rock and a stick.

Now kids want Ipads, BB's, Galaxy's, etc.....[X(]

collector1231 12-25-2012 07:52 AM

My total and final count<div>Traxxas QR1</div><div>Hobby People Outlaw</div><div>Tank Bot (hooks up to Iphone and controls)</div><div>shaving kit</div><div>SR3000 receiver </div><div>Hotwheels Redline collectors book.</div><div>Underwear</div><div>Socks</div><div>boxers</div><div>and a hotwheels car.</div><div>
</div>

cumquat 12-25-2012 09:30 AM

at my sister's now. i'm here alone (she went to her fiance's dad's house for an hour or 2) but i'm counting this as a gift. we have 5mb/s internet, she has 30:D on top of that, my antenna broke 3 months ago so no tv at home, she has cable. i did get a present from my nephew, he spit up on me... luckily my hand got the brunt of it, only a small spot on my jeans.

DarkFire989 12-25-2012 09:33 AM

A Debilitating Fever, so miserable right now.

Zenoah G29
And some other things, giftcards, checks

suburban_hooligan 12-25-2012 03:04 PM

so far 3 green day CD's.  new headphones.  a crank pulley.  nitro circus movie DVD.   2 belts.  steering servo for my pan car.  15x2 motor for my stadium truck.  deans plugs. deans wet noodle 12 gauge wire.

cumquat 12-25-2012 03:17 PM

spit up on... again... yay.

Lunchboxer 12-25-2012 03:27 PM

I got an iPhone 5.. I wasn't (and still am not) an Apple fanboyz, but it is pretty nice...

lee172 12-26-2012 08:28 AM

You've changed Eric.... :eek::D

Ttam Says Blarg 12-26-2012 08:34 AM

A nice pair of work boots and some new vans. Guess thats what happens when you get older lolz :P Oh and my dad gave me a bunch of lotto tickets

Lunchboxer 12-26-2012 09:18 AM

I still got my flip phone, yo!! :D

ORIGINAL: lee172

You've changed Eric.... :eek::D

suburban_hooligan 12-26-2012 11:00 AM

well to finish off.  a new ipod nano, a new bright mud slinger F-150, a big bag of M&amp;M's, and all 3 austin powers movies on DVD

FahrtAutoRC 12-26-2012 10:05 PM

WOW, a surprising update:

I was not expecting to get ANYTHING for Xmas, since I intentionally didn't talk about it to nobody, and anyone that asked i told them "nothing!". I have a hard time accepting things I don't feel I've earned. Just my thing.

Instead I got 16 Full day all inclusive passes to go paintballing, a bunch of snacky things, a large collective sum of cash (over $600), a new coffee maker and a big bag of Blue Hawaiian coffee. And since working for yourself offers no company insurance, I'll be getting new glasses and contacts (WOOHOO)!

My birthday is coming up, January 17th, be turning the big 27 [&amp;:] then. Gonna tell everyone I want nothing and when my wife asks tell her I need the propane refilled on the grill on my porch, we will see how this goes hehe

proanti1 12-27-2012 12:15 PM

Samsung Galaxy S3, that's about it, but it was because I desperately needed a new phone. You get less and less presents when you get older.

DieHarder 12-27-2012 07:07 PM

And my birthday is 10 days later.http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...sn/biggrin.gifANDwe just got the propane tank filled.http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...ey/msn/lol.gif

ORIGINAL: FahrtAutoRC

WOW, a surprising update:

I was not expecting to get ANYTHING for Xmas, since I intentionally didn't talk about it to nobody, and anyone that asked i told them "nothing!". I have a hard time accepting things I don't feel I've earned. Just my thing.

Instead I got 16 Full day all inclusive passes to go paintballing, a bunch of snacky things, a large collective sum of cash (over $600), a new coffee maker and a big bag of Blue Hawaiian coffee. And since working for yourself offers no company insurance, I'll be getting new glasses and contacts (WOOHOO)!

My birthday is coming up, January 17th, be turning the big 27 [&amp;:] then. Gonna tell everyone I want nothing and when my wife asks tell her I need the propane refilled on the grill on my porch, we will see how this goes hehe