RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/off-topic-forum-cars-trucks-buggies-more-392/)
-   -   What are your goals? How long do you think it will take for you to make them happen? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/off-topic-forum-cars-trucks-buggies-more-392/11481865-what-your-goals-how-long-do-you-think-will-take-you-make-them-happen.html)

slothup 04-17-2013 11:47 AM

What are your goals? How long do you think it will take for you to make them happen?

Some context: I saw a video on youtube that had video clips about achieving some significant goals in just a short amount of time. I don't totally believe it, so I'm curious about what others think about goals and how long people think it will take to achieve them.

What are your goals? How long do you think it will take for you to make them happen?

Edit
(The video):
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pp1iEd3VABo[/youtube]

redfisher1974 04-17-2013 11:51 AM

RE: What are your goals? How long do you think it will take for you to make them happen?

My goal is to get back to work after almost being killed in a car accident, I have been off for 5 months and hope to get back to work by years end....

big JC 04-17-2013 04:50 PM

RE: What are your goals? How long do you think it will take for you to make them happen?

90 days aside one can achieve what they put their mind, energy & effort to. This is not just a saying but physics.</p>

</p>

"No man ever followed his genius till it misled him" Henry David Thoreau...Thoreau was a genius tapped into the very meaning of life.</p>

</p>

Unfortunately in our society your born into a life of indentured servitude where one is constantly bombarded with external desires. We no longer value or develop intuition and most people are an absolute mess. Just take a look around...overweight, sick, depressed, stressed, overworked, and most jailed society to have ever existed . Why? </p>

</p>

I for one have always ALWAYS had clear goals in mind and have always been able to achieve them. Always. It all starts with visualizing. One simple thing that seems obvious to me but others struggle with is this. The universe gives back in strides the energy you put out. This may sound like a hippy statement to some but can be proved metaphysically down to the last electron transfer. This is why bad things happen to negative people, why everybody is attracted to happy fun people, why prayer has powr and a million other examples. </p>

Ok ok , guru quota filled for the day :)</p>

Foxy 04-19-2013 07:17 AM

Lamborghini by the age of 45. Not fussy which one or how old, but it's got to have a V12 and be in good working order.

Short term I'd settle for SOME BLOODY SHOCK SPRING RETAINERS FROM AN XRAY 808E!!!! Rarer than the proverbial droppings of a rocking horse.

Lunchboxer 04-19-2013 09:01 AM

Lambo?! [X(]

Foxy 04-19-2013 10:51 AM

The Carrera GT comes later, I gotta be realistic. ;)

Anomie 04-21-2013 09:30 AM

Achieving... um... let's see:

A certain vehicle moving on its own [:-]:D

suburban_hooligan 04-21-2013 11:38 AM

my goal is world domination.  when will i achieve it?  that's not for you to know.  <div>
</div><div>my other goal is to build a race car and go drag racing.  iv got a 5 year plan for that.  but the way my luck works, things beyond my control keep popping up causing it to not happen.  iv had a plan to build a race car sense i was probably about 12.  here i am 18 years later and still no race car and no truck and trailer to tow a race car with.  im starting to think i should move the projected achievement date to the next life.</div>

DarkFire989 04-21-2013 12:12 PM

Evo 8/9 or STI by this time next year. Totally do able.

MiamizFinest 04-22-2013 03:49 PM

ORIGINAL: Foxy

Lamborghini by the age of 45. Not fussy which one or how old, but it's got to have a V12 and be in good working order.

Short term I'd settle for SOME BLOODY SHOCK SPRING RETAINERS FROM AN XRAY 808E!!!! Rarer than the proverbial droppings of a rocking horse.
Why are they so hard to come by? I think my local hobby shop might have a set. If you want me to check ill ask tomorrow!

Lunchboxer 04-22-2013 04:30 PM

And be part of the cast of Fast 'n Furious 8, yo!! :D

I can't wait to see what Subaru cook up for the upcoming WRX/STi... !

ORIGINAL: DarkFire989

The_Shark 04-29-2013 09:20 PM

Having a line of 1/1 automobiles... my estimate... 30years

Dirty_Vinylpusher 04-29-2013 09:46 PM

So your goal is to own an impractical, fuel guzzling vehicle which will depreciate in value and can't be used to its full potential unless driven on a track?
Fair enough.

Lunchboxer 04-30-2013 06:23 AM

Most cars can't be used to its "full potential" anyway...

Foxy 04-30-2013 07:05 AM

ORIGINAL: Dirty_Vinylpusher

So your goal is to own an impractical, fuel guzzling vehicle which will depreciate in value and can't be used to its full potential unless driven on a track?
Fair enough.

Exactly, as LB said, I can't really explore the full potential of my Type R, and I'm a decent driver, I just want a lamborghini, I want to be able to look out on my driveway at my lamborghini, be able to drive it and enjoy driving it, occasionally, so why care about fuel. It's the ultimate toy. I have many more spiritual goals, but this is definitely my main material one, I thought it would be more entertaining than sharing personal goals to which nobody else can relate. :) I want to scare old ladies in the high street with my V12, I want to write my name on the car pak with my rear tires for my kids, I want to take the missus cruising in the islands in a car that we both love (just remembered, it has to be a spyder, lol) being in, and being seen in.

I really want that lambo. The driver, and the poser in me both want it real bad. If that makes me sad, so be it. ;)

The Hedgehog 04-30-2013 07:08 AM

There are no track events local to you to bash the Civic around in?

Foxy 04-30-2013 07:12 AM

The nearest decent track is MIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLEEEEEEESSSSSSSS away, Serres, and it isn't even that good. The Greek govt keeps talking about building a Grand Prix class racetrack for years. I'd need an LSD to go on a track anyway, which I don't think I can affford for the foreseeable future, I just can't justify it. Don't worry though, I do 'use' my cars at every opportunity. ;)

Dirty_Vinylpusher 04-30-2013 12:48 PM

ORIGINAL: Dirty_Vinylpusher

Fair enough.

Exactly, as LB said, I can't really explore the full potential of my Type R, and I'm a decent driver, I just want a lamborghini, I want to be able to look out on my driveway at my lamborghini, be able to drive it and enjoy driving it, occasionally, so why care about fuel. It's the ultimate toy. I have many more spiritual goals, but this is definitely my main material one, I thought it would be more entertaining than sharing personal goals to which nobody else can relate. :) I want to scare old ladies in the high street with my V12, I want to write my name on the car pak with my rear tires for my kids, I want to take the missus cruising in the islands in a car that we both love (just remembered, it has to be a spyder, lol) being in, and being seen in.

I really want that lambo. The driver, and the poser in me both want it real bad. If that makes me sad, so be it. ;)
No it doesn't make you bad.
I just wanted to see you explain a bit further why you want it, and you did. ;)

Of course most blokes have a dream car.
I do too.

Lunchboxer 04-30-2013 12:56 PM

Yeah, no wrong reasons.. everyone's different..

butt_housed247 06-30-2013 04:49 PM

iv got 3 right now.<div>1.  stay sober</div><div>2.  finish my GED</div><div>3.  buy a house (apartment living sucks)</div>

collector1231 06-30-2013 06:44 PM

3 things too.<div>Don't lose any more body clips</div><div>Don't lose any more hex wrenches</div><div>Don't lose any more ESCs (yeah i went there)</div>

suburban_hooligan 07-01-2013 03:34 PM

after todays lunch time bash session i need to add a new one.  <div>start using the correct motor screws.</div>

Lunchboxer 07-02-2013 06:47 AM

DF ended up w/ a Mazdaspeed 3.. didn't stay w/ his goal then... :D

ORIGINAL: DarkFire989

Foxy 07-06-2013 12:23 AM

Mazdaspeed 3 MPS I assume? Beast of a hatch. Love how sleeper it looks. Was an option when I was choosing the Type R.

Lunchboxer 07-06-2013 05:46 AM

Yeah.. turbo, yo! :D