RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/off-topic-forum-cars-trucks-buggies-more-392/)
-   -   What car should I get? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/off-topic-forum-cars-trucks-buggies-more-392/11601075-what-car-should-i-get.html)

The_Shark 07-06-2014 05:18 PM

What car should I get?

Well, I make more money now and I can afford a new car, ironicly at the same time, I struck a deer with my current car (1990 Mazda Miata) and it's down for the count :(

I'm stupid in the face and I narrowed it down to these cars. I do 40miles on the highway a day and not much else.

collector1231 07-06-2014 05:57 PM

Corvette.....yo!

cumminspower5.9 07-07-2014 08:46 AM

Focus ST

i8tweety 07-13-2014 01:42 PM

If you don't need a third seat, then go for the vette. Great cars, easy to work on. Parts are inexpensive and readily available

DieHarder 07-16-2014 05:36 PM

Pontiac G8, yo!

The_Shark 07-18-2014 06:28 PM

Ended up with a new Abarth, and I'm glad I went that route. I had a 78 vette I restored and had to get rid of, so I really wanted one again, but #1 the chevy dealers (all 4) where the biggest kiss asses, phony, old-school haggling, and #2 because I have never financed anything, they wanted a FIXED loan with, get this, 15-25% interest!!! I have GOOD credit and I am a recent graduate so that is a crock of crap.

Buying new is always easier to get approved.

As far as the car, what a friggin' hoot! I was sold the minute I fired it up, Bruuuuum! ber ber ber ber! followed by the turbo's sweet song. Clutch is a little wonky, feels like stepping on a pillow. The car pulls like a freight train, I can't help but laugh when I goose it and it throws you in your seat as the turbo gauge reads 20PSI. Every once in a while the exhaust will let out a pop or crack when you change gears at high RPM, gives it a racy sound all thanks to the fact that it doesn't have mufflers stock.

Handling rivals that of my Miata possibly with more mechanical grip, but it doesn't have the feedback that the miata is known for.

What can I say? I like "cute" small cars, I don't have to buy a big American or German car to feel manly. Oh, and they don't even make one with a slush box (yet) how manly is that?

sheograth 09-25-2014 09:32 PM

I actually went with the Fiesta on the vote lol. As fun as they can be, I really don't like American sports cars. Yeah they have power but they handle like 18 wheelers. I'd take a 10 year old M3 over even the best vette.

Lunchboxer 09-26-2014 06:18 AM

10 year old M3 is E46.. that's a fine handling car.. but I wouldn't knock the "best 'Vette', yo! I think anything after C5 are decent.. C6 is quite good, especially if you go with Z06.. and C7 is really good!

Originally Posted by sheograth (Post 11888186)
I actually went with the Fiesta on the vote lol. As fun as they can be, I really don't like American sports cars. Yeah they have power but they handle like 18 wheelers. I'd take a 10 year old M3 over even the best vette.

The Shop 09-26-2014 07:34 AM

Lel m3

Eman77 09-26-2014 12:40 PM

No love for the Arbarth, eh?

It's funny, since there's a lot of love for this car in some circles (fun! etc, etc), but I just don't care for the look of it.

Lunchboxer 09-29-2014 07:38 AM

At first I thought you said circus.. LOL! Which also kind of make sense too.. :P

Originally Posted by Eman77 (Post 11888590)
No love for the Arbarth, eh?

It's funny, since there's a lot of love for this car in some circles (fun! etc, etc), but I just don't care for the look of it.

Cynthia23 11-18-2014 12:44 AM

Fiesta!! Perfect value for money.

FirstGenLegacy 02-23-2015 09:07 PM

If you're still in the market for a new car, I'd strongly recommend a newer year Subaru Legacy;
They run forever, they are fast, they are relatively big.
You can get a wagon and fit 6 lawn-mowers in it (I've done it)
My legacy from 96' had the worst of all Subaru motors in it. (2.5L SOHC)
and with $500 a year to maintain it, I managed to run that motor over 416K, then I swapped it in 2 days. Dropped a new WRX STI motor into it, like nothing.
Personally man, Subaru is the way to go.