RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/off-topic-forum-cars-trucks-buggies-more-392/)
-   -   THE LOUNGE 2 (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/off-topic-forum-cars-trucks-buggies-more-392/5935986-lounge-2-a.html)

turbotb0205 06-22-2008 09:34 PM

RE: THE LOUNGE 2

yup im just waiting on that stimulus check thing "revofreak bought all but my bike and 707 full synth multiplex with 3RX's but he has to make payments as the amount was rather large lol"

so as soon as that check comes in im gonna order the stryker.. i had an original with a mega motor it was fast.. but the new stryker c should be faster as i was running on nimh still "lipoly was BIG$$ when i was flying"

all in all im really not upset about getting rid of the car stuff.. free'd up alot of room and my son likes the planes more than cars.. so when he gets a bit older ill start him off with a slo V of his own

as for the stryker at speed.. it doesnt care it loves it.. flies like its on rails.. although if your worried about it you could always throw one of the new airplane gyro's in it... makes it ROCK solid and speed then becomes a challenge HOW FAST NO NO MORE SPEED .. youll hear scotty in the back of your mind "im givin it allll shes got capan!! if i go any more shes gonna bloooooooo!"

The Hedgehog 06-22-2008 09:38 PM

No yeah I just don't want to jump from 70 to 140 mph in one day. Next weekend I will test the 100mph setup put 3 flights on it then go all out.

I recommend ordering the fuselage and control surfaces and building your own, the fuselage is only 20 bucks lol.

turbotb0205 06-22-2008 09:56 PM

im just getting back into aircraft .. it would cost me MORE to build it because of tx rx blah blah.. than it will to buy the rtf and work from there silly i know but true

Lunchboxer 06-22-2008 10:09 PM

Tires, wheels, sway bars?!

ORIGINAL: rcluke

If i am making a tower order, what random parts do you guys think i would need for racing my mini ?

The Hedgehog 06-23-2008 08:28 AM

ORIGINAL: turbotb0205

im just getting back into aircraft .. it would cost me MORE to build it because of tx rx blah blah.. than it will to buy the rtf and work from there silly i know but true
No I understand, I did the same thing until I had some TX's of my own and eventually replaced it when the AM started giving me troubles (more than a year later). The RTF has dual rates at least, no expo, but you get used to it. Low rates are more than enough at speed, but after awhile you just go to high for some crazy rolls and everything and end up leaving it there (at least I did)

Like Turbo here I decided to liquidate my RC car collection. I'd like to keep my 2 nitros (ST-1 and Savage) and my drifters, and WW2. Everything else is going on the chopping block starting tonight with my Sidewinder system.

After my Sidwinder system sells I am already 250 dollars towards the new updated Revo, may not take as long as I thought! I like the updates the new one has its like a 1/2 platinum (which is too $$$ for me). The Revo is so cool up close the suspension desing is amazing, makes you wonder how Traxxas came up with it lol. The camber can change as the suspension compresses around turns which makes the turning of this monster truck act like a truggy. Man I can't wait.

Racing my ST-1 in 2 weeks and I will have someone take a video of me racing, although the truggy class was super competitives, I will definitely get last place everyone was so good. Hey we all have to start somewhere.

On the airplane side, I just about finished a 40 size 3D Extra. Electric powered 5 cell lipo, has some major power as it can be flown on 4 cells, but I love overkill for 3D stuff. I'll take some videos of me hovering it once it's done if anyone expresses interest.

Lunchboxer 06-23-2008 09:14 AM

Copy real race cars?! :)

Tamiya F201 got that too!

ORIGINAL: AutoXMan
After my Sidwinder system sells I am already 250 dollars towards the new updated Revo, may not take as long as I thought! I like the updates the new one has its like a 1/2 platinum (which is too $$$ for me). The Revo is so cool up close the suspension desing is amazing, makes you wonder how Traxxas came up with it lol. The camber can change as the suspension compresses around turns which makes the turning of this monster truck act like a truggy. Man I can't wait.

Racing my ST-1 in 2 weeks and I will have someone take a video of me racing, although the truggy class was super competitives, I will definitely get last place everyone was so good. Hey we all have to start somewhere.

On the airplane side, I just about finished a 40 size 3D Extra. Electric powered 5 cell lipo, has some major power as it can be flown on 4 cells, but I love overkill for 3D stuff. I'll take some videos of me hovering it once it's done if anyone expresses interest.

The Hedgehog 06-23-2008 09:19 AM

Lol yeah that slipped my mind.

Lunchboxer 06-23-2008 09:23 AM

Man, you guys are all getting out of cars.. I am not quite there yet.. I really should try something like a plane, though.. LOL! But I am such a noob on that, I really need to try the sim first.. but before that, I'd want a new PC first.. wa! Where does it end?! :D

Eman77 06-23-2008 09:39 AM

Don't worry LB, I'm still with ya on the cars thing. :)

Longhair 06-23-2008 09:45 AM

LB, what about a RC tank :D

Longhair 06-23-2008 09:47 AM

AutoXMan, can we expect "how do I _____?!?!" after you get your Traxxas :D

Eman77 06-23-2008 09:52 AM

ORIGINAL: Longhair

AutoXMan, can we expect "how do I _____?!?!" after you get your Traxxas :D
I feel like I should be offended by that comment, but I'm not. LOL :D

Such is the curse of the Revo or E-Revo. :)

The Hedgehog 06-23-2008 09:55 AM

Lol yeah I'll post one of those. How do I put gas in?
The new Revo 3.3 looks slick I am looking forward to it.

Just tradied my Sidewinder system to LB for some money I owed him, nice!

Eman77 06-23-2008 10:29 AM

It still bugs me that the uber-expensive Revo and E-Revo continue to ship with the Talons for tires. Really not impressed with those things. I guess Traxxas has to stick with their promoted tire or whatever. :eek:

Auto - were folks at the track with Revos running stock tires, or swapped out to different ones?

The Hedgehog 06-23-2008 10:39 AM

I think some were running stock tires, they did ok, but most people swapped them out. I will keep them for onroad running and bashing my Revo, but will swith to something else for racing.

I like to have one set for bashing and running around the yard and another "race only" tire and wheel set.

I agree that is annoying they continue shipping all their trucks with the talons.

Lunchboxer 06-23-2008 10:54 AM

Nice!! We still need to have some electric cars action!! :D

ORIGINAL: Eman77

Don't worry LB, I'm still with ya on the cars thing. :)

Lunchboxer 06-23-2008 10:55 AM

Yeah yeah yeah... I get it.. I will get on with it when I got time..... [:@]

ORIGINAL: Longhair

LB, what about a RC tank :D

Lunchboxer 06-23-2008 11:18 AM

I don't even know why I got another BL setup... but just seems like a good idea at the time.. :D

Just tradied my Sidewinder system to LB for some money I owed him, nice!

Lunchboxer 06-23-2008 11:22 AM

Got a new PC at work.. man, they are just getting smaller and smaller, aren't they?!

For work, obviously we don't get the greatest.. (like a gaming machine, ha!) But was told that this should be quite a bit faster than my old one..

It has the Core 2 Duo 2.33GHz CPU, and 2GB of RAM.. 160GB HD.. (we store most of the stuff on network, so this doesn't really matter..)

So that's probably a mid-line PC by today's standard, right? I am clueless on the PC front..

Longhair 06-23-2008 11:55 AM

Just make sure the thing has great anti-virus protection on it :D

Lunchboxer 06-23-2008 11:58 AM

LOL, yeah... I know... :D

The Hedgehog 06-23-2008 12:10 PM

Nice yeah that's what my laptop has (almost identical specs lol), got it a year ago for about $1,000

secretsg 06-23-2008 12:28 PM

I'm still in cars....... [X(]

Lunchboxer 06-23-2008 12:55 PM

So that means this desktop must be only like $500 now.. LOL.. weak.. :D

Nice yeah that's what my laptop has (almost identical specs lol), got it a year ago for about $1,000

Lunchboxer 06-23-2008 12:58 PM

You and me, ha!!

ORIGINAL: secretsg

I'm still in cars....... [X(]