RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/off-topic-forum-cars-trucks-buggies-more-392/)
-   -   New User Name??? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/off-topic-forum-cars-trucks-buggies-more-392/8970364-new-user-name.html)

DaveG55 07-28-2009 08:39 AM

New User Name???

So Cal's post got me thinking so.....

Have you ever changed your user name on RCU?
How many times?
What were your old names?
Why did you change?

I'll start,

Me, I've used the same name here since day 1. I also use it on most other forums and the only time I ever use a different one is if this one is not available, which does not happen very often.

Foxy 07-28-2009 08:44 AM

RE: New User Name???

I was foxy42. The user who previously owned the name Foxy (taken when I signed up, as it is on 99.99% of forums), has not logged in for literally years, since 2002 I think. I asked management if I could adopt it and they said yes. This is not a usual occurrence though, if you want to change your name, the new one must be available.

HJJFFFAA 07-28-2009 08:48 AM

I've been HJJ on every forum I join and have never changed it.

RCtruckRacer 07-28-2009 09:00 AM

In the early 90's when I first signed up for NTN Trivia at my local watering hole I chose RacerX. When I started visiting forums this decade, I used that moniker. When I got here, that name was taken so I chose what I have now. And in fact I like it even better than RacerX, so now all my forum user names are RCtruckRacer. I still can't believe I was able to snag this name!!

Lunchboxer 07-28-2009 10:14 AM

LB for me since day 1! :D

Chris_RC 07-28-2009 12:15 PM

I think I started out as mrc20023 or something like that in 2005. I would switch username's it semmed like from reading my first posts, no idea why though. Then for 4 years I am Chris_RC, and I am newely 8ight-racer, future owner of Palm Desert RC Raceway. Then, once my track starts up, I will be Palm Desert RC Raceway (Or PD RC for short) and only use that account for thing like race results, if the track is open or closed, etc.

On a side note, I Would like a new username, Chris_RC just seems very boring IMO. And I can't seem to find a different one, any suggestions?

MadManAndrew 07-28-2009 01:36 PM

I use to be MadManAndrew, but I kind of got bored with that, and I'm pretty much the guy that likes to joke around a lot in my group of friends, so, my new username: the JoKeR.

ORIGINAL: Chris RC
On a side note, I Would like a new username, Chris_RC just seems very boring IMO. And I can't seem to find a different one, any suggestions?

Mr.KnowItAll

;);)

Gex_61 07-28-2009 01:56 PM

Gex_61 since day 1. "Gex" is an old Playstation game, which I've never actually played, but I liked how it sounded. Gex is already taken on RCU, so I added the "_61" since it was the frequency for all of my RC's at the time. I'm Gexunderscore61 on some other sites.

The clouds have always been here too. I changed to a Santa hat for a while one year, lol. I changed to my 1/8 buggy that had my signature paint scheme for about a month.

I've thought about changing my user name to something more original, but I can't come up with anything that fits. I might have one or two ideas, but it's going to be hard to change it after so long.

RCKen 07-28-2009 02:12 PM

I'd like to step in here for a minute to point out RCU's policies on this matter. Every member can have only one username, regardless of the circumstances. We do realize that many times a member will create a new username not knowing our policies. This is not normally a problem if we can see that only one of the accounts is being actively used. However, if a member is found actively using 2 usernames then we will take actions. Depending on the reasons why this happened we will usually just merge to two accounts and will allow the member to keep one of them, however there are circumstances where having multiple usernames could result in the member being banned from RCU. So the best policy is to not create new usernames.

It's a pretty simple procedure to change a username if needed. Simply go to your account preferences and put in the new username. This change will need to be approved by our administrator, but that usually happens same day so it's not a big deal.

Here our policies on this matter

USERNAMES & DISCLOSURE:
Only one username or account is necessary at RCU, all others will be removed. If you create a second username to act as a shill or in attempt to bypass a management ban, you will be at risk of permanent removal from RCU. A shill is defined by but not limited to the act of promoting products for vendors, products or the like, and the act of hiding behind anonymity to abuse normal membership policies and etiquette.

If you are a manufacturer, vendor, sponsored representative, retailer or the like for an r/c related company or product you must specifically identify yourself and the particular affiliation in your signature. Any member affiliated with a company not identifying themselves as such is at risk of revocation from RCU. This is identified, but not limited to a member who gains anything financially whether in cash, product, discount or the like.

Web addresses may not be used as usernames.
Please feel free to ask any questions you may have on this matter

Ken

MadManAndrew 07-28-2009 02:25 PM

ORIGINAL: Gex_61
The clouds have always been here too. I changed to a Santa hat for a while one year, lol.
Haha, I think I probably actually had half the guys that come down here (into the Off-Topic forum) wearing Santa hats by Christmas...

[link]http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_8260218/tm.htm[/link]
See? I started it, and everyone followed.

Chris_RC 07-28-2009 02:41 PM

I'd like to step in here for a minute to point out RCU's policies on this matter. Every member can have only one username, regardless of the circumstances. We do realize that many times a member will create a new username not knowing our policies. This is not normally a problem if we can see that only one of the accounts is being actively used. However, if a member is found actively using 2 usernames then we will take actions. Depending on the reasons why this happened we will usually just merge to two accounts and will allow the member to keep one of them, however there are circumstances where having multiple usernames could result in the member being banned from RCU. So the best policy is to not create new usernames.
What happens if you are sharing a username? Rctruckracer PMed me that I couldnt have 2 usernames, but my 8ight-racer one is between me and my tax/insurance guy, as he is helping me get insurance, file taxes, etc. for my track. Plus, the ONLY thing I use that account for is giving updates on my track. I don't reguarly post on that account (i.e. posting on my chris rc account, then putting a +1 with my 8ight account).

RCKen 07-28-2009 03:23 PM

If the account is being used by insurance guy then it needs to be registered under his name and not yours. If it is under your name it will be removed as per our rules. As far as your "track account", it is exactly as RCTruckRacer said in his PM and I have put out here, you can not have 2 usernames/accounts on RCU. If you have any information to put out about your track you can do that under your Chirs_RC account. Our rules also state that if you are involved with a RC related business you must identify that in your signature line with the business name and your association with the business. So your Chris_RC account will have your information in the signature line indentifying you as the track owner, and as such there is no need to have a second account anyways.

Ken

feo 07-28-2009 04:27 PM

I adopted feo from a local jazzy hip hop group.
No idea what I started out as though? I've had plenty SN's in the past. BjorN, rfoLo, and /2ecca are the ones I remember the most. All those names were totally original, and just thought up on the spot. They were used for CS, which I played religiously for a few years.

annie_himself 07-28-2009 07:42 PM

I forgot what mine used to be, but it changed when I was let back on to the forums. (ban lifted)

Chris_RC 07-28-2009 08:17 PM

ORIGINAL: RCKen

If the account is being used by insurance guy then it needs to be registered under his name and not yours. If it is under your name it will be removed as per our rules. As far as your ''track account'', it is exactly as RCTruckRacer said in his PM and I have put out here, you can not have 2 usernames/accounts on RCU. If you have any information to put out about your track you can do that under your Chirs_RC account. Our rules also state that if you are involved with a RC related business you must identify that in your signature line with the business name and your association with the business. So your Chris_RC account will have your information in the signature line indentifying you as the track owner, and as such there is no need to have a second account anyways.

Ken
There, she changed the settings on her 8ight account. Now it is officially her account right? And I dont have to state anything in my signature until the track is up and running, or I want to before, right? And it isnt a bussiness, it is a nonprofit organization. [8D]

Lightfoot 07-28-2009 08:24 PM

It can only be considered non-profit if it is established as a non-profit organization with non-profit status. Otherwise, if it takes in money, it is a business.

cmerritt 07-28-2009 10:43 PM

i've been the same since day 1. this was my first forum. i'm maxx919 on almost all my other forums.

redfisher1974 07-29-2009 12:28 AM

ORIGINAL: Lightfoot

It can only be considered non-profit if it is established as a non-profit organization with non-profit status. Otherwise, if it takes in money, it is a business.

Still in mod mode Howard?

magnus213 07-29-2009 12:41 AM

"Magnus" is my middle name, and 2 and 13 are my lucky numbers. It works well.

The_Lost_Otter 07-29-2009 01:04 AM

The Lost Otter;

Not sure where that came from.
Thinking about changing it to Benny sense Im english, and thats what this english girl calls me lol
Or Mr. Magoo, because i wore some big safty glasses at school for a day.

budchugger 07-29-2009 06:43 AM

Budchugger since day 1 and always will be

pythonfan 07-29-2009 07:49 AM

I forget what my first user name was on rcu, legal issues came up that rcken helped with and picked a new name. I then went from pythonfan to kyoshokid but know one knew who i was and when i went to log in i typed pythonfan so i went back.

On other forums im known as, savage88,kyoshokid,unholyknight.

redfisher1974 07-29-2009 02:09 PM

ORIGINAL: Lightfoot

very good advice......

So Cal 07-29-2009 09:12 PM

Well, when i first registered i was xtm man. Then So Cal XTM Basher, Then So Cal Nitro Basher, now just So Cal.......

warheadforever 07-30-2009 12:28 PM

Warheadforever since, well fervor. LOL

On other forms, I am

.50cal.forever
OnceAnOutlaw
and there is one other, but I can't remember it.