RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/off-topic-forum-cars-trucks-buggies-more-392/)
-   -   Forza Motorsport 3 tomorrow (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/off-topic-forum-cars-trucks-buggies-more-392/9203923-forza-motorsport-3-tomorrow.html)

iexion 10-28-2009 11:39 PM

RE: Forza Motorsport 3 tomorrow

1 Attachment(s)

ORIGINAL: Enzyme80

dude not to be mean but that link is from 2006... not really helping your 2010 - sony is not that dumb.

Ive seen 2010-2011-2012 and so on.
Honestly It doesn't matter to me. Most of the times they get pushed back in date. then ALWAYS have a bunch if bugs when they get released. If they started saying 2010, its still really soon.

Im just over the whole Run out and buy a $700 system then a year later its down to $299 or something close. Im still pissed about buying a brand spanking new Dreamcast then having that get completely smashed by the PS2 6 months after (or something close to that date) Gaming is fun but with most of the games to date, and systems, It just seems like its all a bit of a disappointment[&o]

Concept pictures[sm=72_72.gif]

splcrazy 10-29-2009 05:28 AM

LOL dreamcast, i still have mine and some games , the dreamcast was the best the only thing let it down was no dvd player , it never overheated , the internet thing on it died about the same time the console lost its support when the homepage shutdown , and most of all mine still works and no red ring of death lol from a machine that was invented over ten years ago , lol go buy a brand new xbox 360 today take it home , take it out of the box and it will suddenly freeze and red ring lol thats 2009 technology for you at its best

ORIGINAL: iexion

ORIGINAL: Enzyme80

dude not to be mean but that link is from 2006... not really helping your 2010 - sony is not that dumb.

Ive seen 2010-2011-2012 and so on.
Honestly It doesn't matter to me. Most of the times they get pushed back in date. then ALWAYS have a bunch if bugs when they get released. If they started saying 2010, its still really soon.

Im just over the whole Run out and buy a $700 system then a year later its down to $299 or something close. Im still pissed about buying a brand spanking new Dreamcast then having that get completely smashed by the PS2 6 months after (or something close to that date) Gaming is fun but with most of the games to date, and systems, It just seems like its all a bit of a disappointment[&o]

Concept pictures[sm=72_72.gif]

Foxy 10-29-2009 07:06 AM

Well, it's not quite a playseat extreme, but it's a hell of a lot better than playing with a pad!! :)

http://i613.photobucket.com/albums/t...k/IMG_0010.jpg

dc2 man 10-29-2009 07:08 AM

nice man..........lucky you.

if i had that i would get back in to my ps3 addiction again where i finished a new war game in 2 nights every week lol...............http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...sn/biggrin.gif

thats a nice set up for racing man.

i see you have a good suply of ciggs also lol

thank god i gave em up 2+ years ago. http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...wink_smile.gif

Foxy 10-29-2009 08:01 AM

The best thing about it is the minimal setup and takedown steps to use the 360 on my desk. I'm not taking it back to the living room now. It's basically going to be just for Forza. I have two inputs on my 24" 1080p screen, I just have to transfer the speakers cable from the PC to the Xbox adaptor.

When finished, I replace the speakers in the PC, put the wheel under the desk with the pedals and hit source on the monitor, bam, PC mode again. I don't even have to take my keyboard off the desk, it's brilliant, I don't know why I didn't think of this before.

HJJFFFAA 10-29-2009 07:18 PM

Is that wheel that much better to use?

Foxy 10-30-2009 05:59 AM

Yeh, it's a very good wheel, much better than its white plastic veneer would suggest. The force feedback is responsive, and the wheel accurate. It;s not quite the same quality as my Logitech momo force for the PC, but it's not far off. And yes, the difference compared to playing with a pad is HUGE. I took 2 seconds off my F430 lap at Catalunya as soon as I mounted it up (I know this track VERY well, it used to be the first in the season on GTR 1, so used to get played a lot). I didn't even need to play around with sensitivity and deadzones, teh default settings are spot on.

sheograth 10-30-2009 06:34 AM

Foxy is right, I have the 360 wheel and it's great.

Foxy 10-30-2009 10:23 AM

lol, I just noticed someone's been going round rating my posts 1 star. :)

I'm sure this is meant to be an insult, but the person who did it, isn't bright enough to realise that by rating them at all, he adds to my points! So thanks, whoever you are. lol.

DarkFire989 10-30-2009 10:33 AM

5 Points for you by pointing out that who ever was doing that is just a big heaping pile of FAIL.

Steering wheels are awesome. I still have my MOMO. I wish I still had my G25:(

blackrain 10-30-2009 11:55 AM

well just picked up my 360 wheel today and forza 3, game stop had a deal were if you buy forza and the wheel together they take of 20 bucks

s7jstep1 11-01-2009 10:35 PM

i wanna get forza 3 but if i do i will want a racing wheel. i want to get one with a shifter and clutch pedal (btw i love the added clutch feature in FM3). what would be a good wheel to get for around $100

sheograth 11-02-2009 12:44 AM

Finally bought Forza 3 today. I really like the "feel" of the game, as I expected I would since I liked Forza 2. I see how some people may find the career structure sorta funky though. Overall I love it though :D

qaiz 11-02-2009 12:47 AM

Foxy, are the games in Greece PAL or NTSC.?

Foxy 11-02-2009 03:45 AM

PAL Region 2.

s7jstep, there is not 'good' wheel for less than the price of the Microsoft one, imo. You really get what you pay for in this area, and it's worth paying for quality cos it will take a beating.

sheograth 11-02-2009 12:06 PM

Too much hatin' going on, this game rocks :D

s7jstep1 11-03-2009 12:31 AM

ORIGINAL: Foxy

PAL Region 2.

s7jstep, there is not 'good' wheel for less than the price of the Microsoft one, imo. You really get what you pay for in this area, and it's worth paying for quality cos it will take a beating.
does the microsoft wheel have a clutch pedal and shifter?

DarkFire989 11-03-2009 12:44 AM

No. Look at Foxys picture above. Thats the Microsoft wheel.

s7jstep1 11-03-2009 03:13 AM

i may just have to hold off until they make a wheel for the 360 with a clutch. forza 2 will do fine until then:(

Foxy 11-03-2009 03:48 AM

To be honest, why bother with clutch and shifter? The MS wheel has flappy paddles (tiptronic) gear changers behind the wheel. Since I play mostly GTR (in which the cars have this or sequential stick), I've got used to using paddles, and it would set my game back to change it now. So I just imagine all my cars have tiptronic gearboxes. :)

If you really want though, just ick up a second hand G25. Now that the G27 is out, you should find them for good prices.

Ttam Says Blarg 11-03-2009 09:40 AM

The only problem is the g25 doesnt work on the 360. Only the pc and the ps3.

Foxy 11-03-2009 11:45 AM

oops! :)

s7jstep1 11-04-2009 02:32 AM

ORIGINAL: Foxy

To be honest, why bother with clutch and shifter? The MS wheel has flappy paddles (tiptronic) gear changers behind the wheel. Since I play mostly GTR (in which the cars have this or sequential stick), I've got used to using paddles, and it would set my game back to change it now. So I just imagine all my cars have tiptronic gearboxes. :)

haha one of my favorite things to do is race with the old school american muscle cars. somehow tiptronic just doesnt fit in lol. i do like how that g25 has both tiptronic and stick. that makes me so mad that its not compatible with 360. im sure with forza 3 having the clutch feature, it wont be long until there is a wheel on the market that supports that feature.

blackrain 11-05-2009 01:23 PM

what level are you guy on im on level 29 im really loving this game having the wheel makes it so much fun. have some of you guys setup your store fronts yet

s7jstep1 11-06-2009 07:27 PM

has anybody here ever used the fanatec 911 turbo s? if i can ever get past the $300 pricetag it looks awesome