Notices
Off Topic Forum - Planes/Helis Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for airplanes and heli crowd. Car or truck fans have their own in car section.

Well, they finally got me....

Old 11-11-2010, 12:52 PM
ScottMcM
My Feedback: (66)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Well, they finally got me....

I always considered myself too smart to allow my computer to be infected by a virus.....until this morning, that is. Several weeks ago, I placed an order with Hobby King. I got an e-mail this morning, supposedly from FedEx Global, saying that my package had been sent back to the regional office, because of improper address.Attached was the "Shipping label", that I was supposed to print out and carry to the fedex office to retrieve my package.....yep, I fell for it, and tried to open the attachment. My virus protection immediately was activated, and the virus supposedly has been quaranteened...I hope so. I called the local FedEx office, and , no surprise to me, they had no record of any such problem. I even sent an e-mail to HK, basically chewing their butts out for misshipping the package....Boy do I feel stupid now.....but it started me thinking....someone had to know I was expecting a shipment for the plan to work as well as it did.......maybe an employee?.....I really don't know how I could have avoided the trap....thank God for virus protection....
Old 11-21-2010, 08:28 AM
ec121
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Well, they finally got me....

Don't open anything from anybody you don't know, and then be careful of FWs from people you do know. Those companies will only print labels from their websites or mail them to you. Email is too hit-or-miss for them to try to do business that way.