Notices
Off Topic Forum - Planes/Helis Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for airplanes and heli crowd. Car or truck fans have their own in car section.

Old 01-28-2011, 10:21 PM
OlderNFlyingAgain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new member

hello guys and girls, I been reading this forum for a couple of years now and I really enjoyed it andI had to join up

I learned how to fly in my early 20s from a club, started building an eagle 2 with a kb 45 and a 4 channel radio, glad I picked the sport wing buildup after I could really well, and soon I was building a 4 star 40 and then a tiger 60, then I bought a GP f 15, I never finished the 15 and took almost 20 years off from the hobby...

the f 15 burned me out, I was flying, building, working and then the hobby became another job, beware young modelers - doing to much of what is fun and you love can lead to burnout and/or a box of balsa dust that once was a nice plane LOL

then after 10 years I got a rc 10 gt glow buggy and got a couple of boats and took another so many years away, so now I am 45 and need a hobby cause of chronic pain from a unfix-able back

I also gave away my first eagle, cartwheeled the 4 star from lack of staying in practice on a landing, then I sold the 60, and kept my engines field equipment radios and building stuff

so now I am kit building a new eagle 2 that will be powered by a old kb 45 sportster that runs like a clock so I can get some much needed stick time in, then I am gonna finish the f 15 about 80% done with a 60 size engine, then I almost got the bae hawk almost done...

sometimes rc fliers dont think when they take a few years off of flying that they cant jump back into a low wing plane, you gotta work your way up again, and getting some stick time with an eagle is priceless..

I flew my first eagle for years off and on with the 4 star 40 as my main plane, boy the fun you can have with a peppy 40 in the sig 4 star 40

also I never really liked the arf's and doubt I buy one unless its a jet and with most of those its hard to find a kit..

well thanks for reading my rambling and maybe next week I'll get some pictures up in the kit building section