Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Off Topic Forum - Planes/Helis
Reload this Page >

***CAUTION**** "Banana Hobbys" Electric scale Warbirds, Read before you buy from them

Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Planes/Helis Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for airplanes and heli crowd. Car or truck fans have their own in car section.

***CAUTION**** "Banana Hobbys" Electric scale Warbirds, Read before you buy from them

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2014, 06:12 AM
budcop
My Feedback: (23)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ***CAUTION**** "Banana Hobbys" Electric scale Warbirds, Read before you buy from them

I have been considering trying an electric aircraft for some time, I have been looking at the different options available and my interest in war birds led me to Banana Hobby's an internet Hobby store dedicated to electric r/c, I have over the years used traditional hobby shops, internet hobby shops and of course RCU classifieds, I have never experienced the total scam for customer service as I have with Banana Hobby.
I reviewed several YouTube videos they have posted and decided to buy the LX Models B-25 ARF from Banana Hobby, the model was sold out, I emailed an inquiry and was quickly answered with back in stock in May, I put my name on the waiting list and 3 days later was emailed that a limited number were available first come first serve, I ordered right away, without noticing ( I Know what your going to say) a 100 dollar price increase, I chalk that up to my fault. I received the model via FedEx and when I opened the worn and ratty box, I first noticed the side of the nose had rubbing damage from the box lid and the paint was worn off, the model other than that was packed well.
After looking in the instruction book I found the model comes with a LX Models battery brick that I was charged an additional $66.00 for, I emailed Banana Hobbies customer service, 4 times now, they will not respond, I exhausted efforts to find a phone number for them with no luck at all, this is the first negative experience I have ever had in R/C dealings, Maybe I am too trusting.
I am going to contact LX Models to relay this (in more detail) and suggest they look for a new distributor as their products are 1st class! However, learn from my mishap with Banana Hobbies.....

Bud Williams AMA#1651
Old 03-24-2014, 07:21 AM
raptureboy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hope you used a credit card or Paypal. First thing I do with companies like this is email them with " filing complaint with credit card co in the subject line". Gets their attention fast. I try to avoid anyone that does not list a phone # and physical address in the USA to contact. Good luck, hope it works out.
Old 04-11-2014, 08:19 AM
TampaRC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have your cc company dispute the charges. As soon as nana realizes that they are going to lose the sale, you phone will light up like a Christmas tree.

I have said it before and I'll say it again. These Asian owned and operated businesses have a culture that does not include customer service. They want your money, and when they get , you can go to he**