Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Planes/Helis Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for airplanes and heli crowd. Car or truck fans have their own in car section.

R/C drag lure machine?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2015, 09:21 AM
Cmoe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default R/C drag lure machine?

Hey guys, I have been a member for awhile now but this will be my first post. I'm still a newbie to r/c but I like to tinker. My current project is a drag lure machine for my highly active pit bull. Mostly what I have seen so far is people using old Ford starter motors and big batteries but I want something more compact. My idea is to mount everything into my old Makita 10.8 volt drill/impact box. So far I have taken apart an old Black and Decker 9.8v for the motor and gears and attached a spool of fishing Line to it. The battery is a venom 2s 5000mah 20c, I also have a traxxas xl5 esc and for the transmitter/receiver a tactic ttx 240. The problem is it's way too slow, if I hook the motor directly to my 18v dewalt battery its alot faster but this would fry my esc. Any ideas on how I can get this thing to pull a plastic bag/ piece of cloth at 35-40 mph? I'm wanting to spend the least amount possible, this is all stuff I had laying around. considering how fast some alot of these cars are it has to be do able, I just lack the know how. Thanks in advance.

Btw I'll try to get some pics up here soon.