Notices
Off Topic Forum - Planes/Helis Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for airplanes and heli crowd. Car or truck fans have their own in car section.

Chris Chianelli

Old 10-04-2005, 09:33 AM
mirwin
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Chris Chianelli

ORIGINAL: John Murdoch

I'll try to do this without flaming or upsetting anyone. Folks, my point is there is the somewhat free spirited lune out there trying to project the characteristics of the average modeler. Being a personality, he's subject to critisizm. I personally don't like the guy. So, I just don't watch it. If that's flaming or offends anyone, I'm sorry. Apparently, here, on RCU, you can't be critical of anything or anybody before a "moderator" decides what's appropriate or what isn't.

As far as the cop comment, I have the utmost respect for law enforcement. In fact, my son is an active employee of Las Vegas' finest. Cops have power, no two ways about it. But they also have to have a sense of understanding and common sense. What I was meaning is, I hope the moderators digest what's going on and let free speech, a basis of the American way, even here on RCU go, until someone steps out of bounds before using the power to take premature action or threats.

"Let's cut the negative response's and yes he is a registered member and deserves the respect that all of you would want."

Now come on. People were talking about his manicure and a "moderator" steps in. Well, in my opinion, that shouldn't be flaming/insulting anyone and I didn't think a "moderator" should have even been concerned with the comments being made. Now his hair is a different story!

Anyway, RCU is a great place to come, listen, learn and comment. I just commented. That's all.

This thread has gone way too long. Let's all concede that he got the "last word," and move on.

Old 10-04-2005, 12:33 PM
Dai Phan
My Feedback: (2)

To all CC "bashers",

I think that some people need to have some lessons on how to treat people with respect. Sure, this is USA and we have a freedom of speech but certainly NOT here. This is a site where we come and share ideas with others. This is not a place to to make comments like " he is this and that... or she is a babe or what not..." You may have some opinions about CC, as I do have some impressions about some of you here but I keep that to myself. Coming here and offend people with comments will get you what? Respect? Feared? Certainly not in my book. And just because he is TV personality that he deserves crititism? Well perhaps so, but not here as I don't think this is the place for it. I think a better place to to email DIY Network and flame him all you want to your heart content. I agree totally with Forum Moderator and Piper Chuck. CC deserves the same courtesy and respect that you would all want and RC Universe does prohibits making degrading or offending remarks to others. I am suprised that this thread goes as far as it does now. DP
Old 10-04-2005, 03:10 PM
LSP972
My Feedback: (13)

As far as the cop comment, I have the utmost respect for law enforcement. In fact, my son is an active employee of Las Vegas' finest. Cops have power, no two ways about it. But they also have to have a sense of understanding and common sense. What I was meaning is, I hope the moderators digest what's going on and let free speech, a basis of the American way, even here on RCU go, until someone steps out of bounds before using the power to take premature action or threats.
No problems, John. I was just jerking your chain. One learns to be thick-skinned in this profession, or one stays aggravated most of the time. But your boy probably already told you that, eh?
Old 10-04-2005, 03:40 PM
DrDeath
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dai Phan,

Are you saying that people, ME in particular can't even pay Krista a complement by saying she is a BABE? Get real! If I said something like; "She is a stank so and so" or "she looks like the south end of a north bound cow". That would be one thing. I said she was a cutie and a hottie. In addition, I happen to like her bubble personality.

In addition, Supreme Court case No. 86-1278 Argued December 2, 1987 and Decided February 24, 1988 Hustler Magazine, Inc. et al. v. Jerry Falwell the court states that public figures (CC being one) can be lampooned or satired based on our First amendment rights.

Now having said that, the moderators of this site do have the right to censor any post they deem as in appropriate based on the fact that we all signed acknowledgment of said rules as part of our AUP to this site. Having said that, I am not sure that someone saying something CC who is a public is too far out of bounds. The person stated that his "Wife" thought this, not his opinion.

DD
Old 10-04-2005, 03:58 PM
dfalcon
My Feedback: (76)

My dvr gets both shows for me, and I think I fall within the concensus here: I watch Radio Control Hobbies for the content and Inside RC for Krista. Radio Control Hobbies has two things over Inside RC: shinier fingernails and content that can still teach the intermediate rc'er a thing or two.
I know this post was originally about CC (I couldn't help compare like so many others), so here are two pennies. Before I upgraded my satellite programming to include DIY, CC was just a guy with goofy lookin hair in a few magazine ads to me.
Old 10-04-2005, 04:11 PM
DrDeath

Thanks roguespear

I was beginning to think that I was the only one who thought she was cute
Old 10-04-2005, 04:37 PM
red head

Hey 2 slow: that visor he wears is supposed to be a trade mark, so I was told. ENJOY !!! RED
Old 10-04-2005, 04:50 PM
Dai Phan

Hello,

I will let the Forum Moderator take care of this thread. In my personal opinion, I think that some comments are not appropriate here on RCUniverse as I will not make such opinions known on this site. I also believe that a more appropriate place for personalities's lampoons and satires would be in newspaper and Tabloids rather than here. DP
Old 10-04-2005, 05:02 PM
daven

Those are definately the shiniest fingernails on TV.

I think the content is basic enough to interest new comers to the hobby, but it does little in my opinion to keep long time modelers interested. If the intent is to get non-rc'ers interested, I think it does a great job. I just wish there was a show that catered to something other than smaller plastic arfs.
Old 10-04-2005, 05:15 PM
John Murdoch
My Feedback: (11)

ORIGINAL: Dai Phan
In my personal opinion, I think that some comments are not appropriate here on RCUniverse as I will not make such opinions known on this site.
In my opinion, some comments are not appropriate, as I will not make such opionions known.

Hmmm.

Time to unsubscribe...

Steve.. Nothing AT ALL personal... Thanks for understanding. Our boys defending this country, either internally with a badge or outside with an M-16 are, IN MY OPINION, the GREATEST!
Old 10-04-2005, 05:23 PM
Dai Phan

Hi John,

If you are trying to confuse me, I must say that you have achieved your goal. DP
Old 10-04-2005, 09:31 PM
JCOKEEFE

[8D]What network carries Inside RC??

Thanks.
Old 10-05-2005, 12:32 PM
DrDeath

Here is their website

http://www.insiderc.com/

It is on the Outdoor Network. I like the fact that they visit a lot of different events around the country dealing with RC. Last season I saw something that I hadn't heard of before, RC Sea battles and RC tank battles. Pretty cool stuff. Sea battles used bb and the Tank battles used paint balls. This year they have already done Warbirds of Deleware and the Ill. Pylon races. I do agree there is a lot of music, but for those of us who can't get to events, it is worth the look.

DD
Old 10-05-2005, 02:47 PM
tonytiger

dude i hear you.....ive been told by the mods that free speech does not exist here on rcu......no to some degree i agree with this i mean it is a public forumn board that is viewed by all ages however the first time you get into a heated argument with someone they delete the thread.....the communist and nazi's didnt allow free speech and look what happened to them....im gonna find another site where free speech is welcome...guys come over to www.highlandrcracing.com i am a moderator on this young budding site....im not as tough as this bunch and ill let you post freely...we would love to have new members

I'll try to do this without flaming or upsetting anyone. Folks, my point is there is the somewhat free spirited lune out there trying to project the characteristics of the average modeler. Being a personality, he's subject to critisizm. I personally don't like the guy. So, I just don't watch it. If that's flaming or offends anyone, I'm sorry. Apparently, here, on RCU, you can't be critical of anything or anybody before a "moderator" decides what's appropriate or what isn't.

"Let's cut the negative response's and yes he is a registered member and deserves the respect that all of you would want."

Now come on. People were talking about his manicure and a "moderator" steps in. Well, in my opinion, that shouldn't be flaming/insulting anyone and I didn't think a "moderator" should have even been concerned with the comments being made. Now his hair is a different story!

Anyway, RCU is a great place to come, listen, learn and comment. I just commented. That's all.
Old 10-05-2005, 02:49 PM
tonytiger

and by the way krista is hot i met her in chicago last year...she is a cool chick and she deserves a little respect from you all afterall i bet she can outdrive most of you guys...i was lucky enough to beat her in a mini mauler race at the horrizon hobbies exhibit but i did have to take her out in the first turn to win....
Old 10-06-2005, 09:45 AM
glowplug

First off, I think that everyone has a right to say what they want about Chris Chianelli. I guess he would be considered a "celebrity" in our hobby, and who here hasn't talked about a celebrity before?
With that said, keep a few things in mind.....first of all, maybe the manicure is the show producer's idea, also, Chris is doing a show that is intended to be entertaining....so he has a personality/character on the show that I'm sure is probably a bit different from his everyday personality. The show isn't meant to be a workshop for experienced modeler's.....it's ENTERTAINMENT, and personally, I think that Chris does a pretty good job at that. The show is definitely geared towards people thinking about getting into RC.....how many newbies would want to sit and watch some monotone guy taking you through steps A-Z of installing a pull-pull rudder system??
I like to watch the show because I like watching anything RC-airplane related. I'm not hoping to learn anything. If you're looking for just about any television show to be more than that, then you'll most likely be disappointed.
Old 10-06-2005, 06:42 PM
Bosch232

I like to watch the show because I like watching anything RC-airplane related. I'm not hoping to learn anything. If you're looking for just about any television show to be more than that, then you'll most likely be disappointed.

Amen to that.

All these elitest comments from you guys are turning me off from THIS media format.
The show's intent it to make R/C look accessible to the outsider. Period.
Old 10-06-2005, 10:14 PM
BDREW

I met Chris at the WRAM show a couple of years ago. I had the opportunity to speak with him for 10 minutes. my take away is that he is down to earth and very approachable!
Old 10-06-2005, 10:57 PM
AgCat1982

Hmmmmmm......So, if you don't want to make insulting remarks about someone, you should unsubscribe? This site is about RC flying and I never understood why some find it necessary to make cutting remarks about a show host, here. And, if you can't make cutting remarks about someone, you don't want to be a member?

[sm=confused.gif]
Old 10-07-2005, 06:23 AM
Bosch232

Agreed.
As I said, the people on this board are not the show's target audience.

As a subscriber to a handfull of other FREE bulletin boards (the others having nothing to do with R/C) it's best to acknowledge that you are a GUEST in someone else's house by coming here. You are not entitled to anything. (e.g. calling someone a "buffoon")

If the site disappeared tomorrow everyone would be reminded of that pretty quickly.
Old 10-07-2005, 07:41 AM
LSP972
My Feedback: (13)

ORIGINAL: Bosch232

All these elitest comments from you guys are turning me off from THIS media format.
The show's intent it to make R/C look accessible to the outsider. Period.

What elitist comments? Some of us think he acts like a clown on that show, and would rather not see the hobby presented in such a manner. That's not elitist; that's our opinion.

Untwist your knickers, Bosch232. Go fly something...
Old 10-07-2005, 07:28 PM
BigSkyRCFlyer
My Feedback: (36)

WOW, HOLY COW! A whole Thread on Chris!!!!! Where is the Admin? I thought for sure they would step in and say "NO" after the last round, Ding, Ding, Ding.......

Honestly, I liked Chris when he was with MAN he is very knowledgeable and loves the hobby. I am however with Steve and other's when it comes to seeing him on the DIY show. Chris's role on the show is a bit too quirky [sm=bananahead.gif] for me. No disrespect to him or the hobby (he is doing his job, that is right). I still catch an episode now and then when I am not working on a plane or heli. As others have said, it is refreshing just to see an RC show out there, period. We (all RCU members) do not have to agree on everything, right? I think that is forgotten from time to time on here in general. Sheesh.

I will not disrespect or flame Chris, he is a fellow brotha in "RC" and I respect that. In the last thread I laughed because of a comment made by another, and caught hell. Lesson Learned about the core of RCU. After all does he not have the perfect job??
Old 10-07-2005, 09:44 PM
Hobbsy
My Feedback: (102)

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

I was raised to let him be him as long as he lets me be me.
Old 10-08-2005, 09:43 AM
Bosch232

It's the "I don't gain anything from his show, therefore it's a bad show" comments that are elitist. And name calling? (Buffoon).

Please, you guys.
Old 10-08-2005, 09:25 PM
AgCat1982

We (all RCU members) do not have to agree on everything, right? I think that is forgotten from time to time on here in general. Sheesh.
Of course we don't have to agree on ANYTHING! That was not the point. The point was to refrain from the personal degrading of others here.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.