Notices
Off Topic Forum - Planes/Helis Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for airplanes and heli crowd. Car or truck fans have their own in car section.

Chris Chianelli

Old 10-10-2005, 10:25 AM
BigSkyRCFlyer
My Feedback: (36)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Chris Chianelli

Good!!! I don't agree.............. Let's all go fly something!!!!!!!!

ORIGINAL: agcatsbest

We (all RCU members) do not have to agree on everything, right? I think that is forgotten from time to time on here in general. Sheesh.
Of course we don't have to agree on ANYTHING! That was not the point. The point was to refrain from the personal degrading of others here.
Old 10-10-2005, 10:47 AM
AgCat1982

Got it! You think we should degrade everyone!
Old 10-10-2005, 11:19 AM
BigSkyRCFlyer
My Feedback: (36)

LOL
Old 10-15-2005, 08:19 AM
BasinBum
My Feedback: (2)

I only saw one post so far that even mentioned that CC wrote for MAN before his current gig on TV. Someone else could probably give us more background on him as well. I don't know the specifics but I understand he has a lot of experiance in the hobby and is just not some actor they hired to host the show.

I met him at a model show and he seemed like a nice enough guy, it's a lot easier to bash someone you have never met in person. He is pretty short but the hair didn't look as wild in person. I'd bet he got the manicures because he is doing close-ups and just wanted to be more presentable all though I would have left off the clear coat and just gone with a good buffing myself.

The show probably doesn't apeal to most of us because we are experianced modelers and if we were the target audience it would have a really really small demographic indeed. There is more money and a wider range of prospective audience in the beginer market and the producers have wisely recognized that.
Old 10-16-2005, 07:57 PM
bil2
My Feedback: (5)

I'm a newbie to rc electric planes, but became one because I watched Chianelli "playing" with park flyers, and then saw the jet shows from Lakeland he does. I thought I was the only one who noticed his manicure! At any rate, he made me what I am....and I yam whut I yam! A newbie RCer. And I AM going to Linder field next time, if they give some warning about upcoming plane shows. Bil2
Old 10-23-2005, 02:45 PM
balsabuster2003

A little over 3 years ago, I watched his show. Putting together a Hobbico SuperStar 40 trainer ARF. I thought "Hey I can do that!" 3 years and 13 planes later..... Maybe it would have been better, had I not seen the show.
Old 10-23-2005, 08:38 PM
tonytiger

chris is the man
Old 10-25-2005, 04:18 AM
fabolousRC

I guess everybody forgot...why he was an editor at the other magazine, his other hobby was playing music in a rock band!

I was hoping to see him at the iHobby Expo show the other day but was time was too short for me to do anything.

I can understand why some people are bashing upon him but my take is: if you think he's not good enough, you should apply and be the host instead of him! Then bash him. It's not that easy to cramm a lot of information in less than 30 minutes (with commercials included) not including the time you spent on getting the take right. If you think you can do better job than him, everyone, I would LOVE to see you do it.

Other than that, quit being a cry baby. Go fly something!! lolz
Old 10-29-2005, 10:32 PM
air mail rcu

Am I the only one that noticed but on the first shows CC had some really bad looking finger nails. Really bad!! I'm sure somebody wrote in and said get them fixed. He should have left the polish off.

My 2 cents.....Any show that promotes RC is fine with me. The more people it brings into the hobby the more companies will produce all that neat hobby stuff I can spend my money on. We need about 20 more RC shows. Lets all support CC then maybe more RC shows will be made till there is one for everybody to like.
Old 10-30-2005, 12:53 AM
Gofli
My Feedback: (7)

I DVR both Inside Rc and Chris's show, and usually watch most of the flying related ones... I generally delete the car stuff without watching...been there, done that, cars bore me unless I can race, and I cant afford to race and fly, so... I did see a show once where Chris made fun of himself a little as he explained why his visor looks like that and how to make one. Lots of people just have the tv on for "noise" while they read or do something else, I welcome a little rc noise while I work on a plane. My fav shows on diy have been the top gun thing, and the tour of Bob Violett's shop. Havent had the outdoor channel that long, so I havent seen many of those yet, but if they both get newbies into the hobby, then they are doing a good job.

Later,
David
Old 10-30-2005, 09:47 AM
bil2

I went to a Warbirds rc show yesterday, put on by the Land O Lakes Bay City Flyers, near Tampa. There I met Frank Tiano, whom I had seen on CC's show. Tiano liuves in lakeland, I think, as the show was at Linder Airfield and was Top Gun, jets, etc. Nice guy, excellent pilot. The Warbirds were awesome, even tho it was windy day. Almost all WWII, a few WWI, but really too breezy for the bipes. Great show for $2 parking. Two days, Sat 7 Sun. Bil2
Old 10-30-2005, 08:12 PM
vlizard

I dont like CC because he is a better pilotand or driver than me. More than that, he gets paid for it too! Plus I know that all these manufacturers are giving him free stuff. He also has the money for manicures. Dang he sucks. I really wish I sucked just like he does.
Old 10-30-2005, 08:25 PM
bil2

I heard that! If I had his money I'd burn mine. And if I had his planes I'd burn my planes, too. Come to think of it, I AM burning my money ON my planes! Heh, heh, heh. Bil2
Old 11-01-2005, 08:46 PM
motoracer212

Surprised that no one noticed the *****ing Rolex Submariner on Chris's arm. If having shinny finger nails is what it takes to have a 10K watch on my arm, it's defiantly worth it.
Old 11-02-2005, 11:08 AM
EZ Money

Krista should really get some shoes before she messes with running nitro engines. Could save those pretty toes.

Shower clogs will not slow down a running prop even a little bit.

And I look forward to Chris' show. He is a little different but I think he plans it that way.

Could be worse, he could be bland, dull and very boring.

Our hobby needs shows like this. After 30 years of flying I have found one thing that remains the same...a lot of folks still consider models to be toys.
Old 11-14-2005, 02:35 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Chris has given some very bad info on his show. The one where he showed putting a heat sink head on was the improper way to do it. The episode where he is running the Warehouse Hobbies Enforcer, he gives some general rules about safely operating the boat and not 3 minutes later breaks just about every one of them!
Old 03-04-2006, 02:21 PM
lzvagias

hahahaha! an overzealous moderator is busting peoples' chops over there for talking about cc fingernails and Ron steps in and gets the last rip in anyway! your funny Ron.
Old 03-12-2006, 09:54 PM
iceyflyer
My Feedback: (4)

i love his hair
Old 04-23-2006, 12:20 AM
ViperDrags

Greetings All:

I guess none of you all have noticed that Krista is no longer the hostess on Inside RC anymore. They have a new Babe! If we have to have pretty girls in order to bring more people into the sport than so be it. Or is it to bring more of the female section?

You decide!

Viper
Old 04-23-2006, 11:58 AM
DrDeath
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, there have been ads here on RCU about the change. Seems as though Krista is looking to do other things. This new girl is a babe, but she is just a bit too silly. But a babe none the less.

DD
Old 05-18-2006, 08:19 PM
Jefferson1964

The new girl is HOT HOT HOT......

I like CC also...nice guy meet him at a local R/C show...and have exchanged several emails with him recently....He has brought alot of folks into the hobby..me included...so we should all be grateful for that...more folks better products...etc.....
Old 05-18-2006, 10:55 PM
Ron Olson

From what I saw in a new scale boating magazine, it looks like Chris is finally taping some new episodes.
Old 05-25-2006, 09:19 PM
fabolousRC

ORIGINAL: DrDeath

Yes, there have been ads here on RCU about the change. Seems as though Krista is looking to do other things. This new girl is a babe, but she is just a bit too silly. But a babe none the less.

DD
That's the words from the producers. Basically she was axed and told to pack up and go elsewhere. Time will tell if the "babe" will ever be better than Ms. Gibson.
Old 08-21-2006, 10:31 PM
scoooper

I wish my cable company would carry ANY RC SHOWS. alas they don't and probably won't, you guy's ***** about which shows you like or don't make me sooooooo jealous, you have no Idea how lucky you bums are!!!!! wish I could be a bum too!!! ya'lls bub, scoooper
Old 08-21-2006, 10:58 PM
Ron Olson

You can buy season DVD's of Inside R/C but I don't think that Chris' shows are available. I bought one season of Inside R/C as my cable provider didn't carry that channel at the time as a 3-disc package. It's the same as the show, even has the same constant ads. Nothing against Du-Bro and Hobbytown USA but when you have to pay to buy the set, I shouldn't have to put up with all of the advertising.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.