Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Planes/Helis Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for airplanes and heli crowd. Car or truck fans have their own in car section.

What Are You Watching On TV?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2006, 12:52 PM
Rcpilot
My Feedback: (78)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default What Are You Watching On TV?

Just wondering what you guys are watching on the TV.

When I watch TV, it's mostly Discovery, History, National Geographic, Speed

No "reality" TV at all. Can't stand the stuff.[:'(]
Old 02-20-2006, 04:01 PM
50+AirYears

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: What Are You Watching On TV?

History, Discovery, PBS, NFL Football, maybe an occasional classic movie, sometimes something on HGTV or Animal Planet. Most stuff on TV is C**p, reality TV is just a lower level of that, about the same level as politics and professional wrasslin'. I do often have the TV on when I'm building, tho. Provides kind of a "White Noise" effect to block out distractions.
Old 02-20-2006, 09:06 PM
love those warbirds
My Feedback: (39)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just wached House on fox.I love that show.
Old 02-21-2006, 12:59 AM
Bass1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's a shame that the Speed Channel (Speedvision?) dropped their aviation shows like Sport Aviation and Airshow World. I quit watching that channel as sort of a personal boycott!
Old 02-21-2006, 02:46 AM
Rcpilot
My Feedback: (78)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I watch speed mostly for the NASCAR coverage.

I enjoy powersports a lot. Boat racing, cafe bikes (used to race a 600cc Katana at Heartland Park) , baja trucks, drag racing (used to do a bit of that too) --if it goes fast and makes lots of noise--I like it. Cigar boats are so COOOOOOLL!! Twin engines. 500cu.in. Superchargers. 125MPH on the water in a 60' boat--yeah, that'd be fun.

Football, basketball, hockey, baseball, soccer--[:'(][:'(][:'(] can't stand it. Bunch of overpaid jocks--playing sports that 99.9% of us quit messing with after high school. They act like pre-madonnas, and have poor attitudes. Can't believe the money people pay, just to go to a stadium and watch a game.

CSI is kinda cool--but it gets old. Murder, mystery, bad guy always gets caught.

Old 02-21-2006, 04:35 AM
AgCat1982

I like all the real science shows, history shows, etc. For entertainment, I like SciFi. Stargate SG1 is my favorite overall. I saw the original Star Wars five times at the theater in 1977 when there were no video tapes or DVD's. I suppose I am a first class "nerd"!
Old 02-21-2006, 09:18 AM
exeter_acres
My Feedback: (2)

Tv...whats TV....

?
Old 02-21-2006, 04:47 PM
love those warbirds

I love to watch Top gear(when discovery decides to carry it. Like an on off relationship) But I also enjoy The History channel. Mail call, modern marvels, and tales of the gun are my favorite. I use to whach speed but are cable canciled it 2 years ago.
Old 02-22-2006, 06:36 PM
mgtman

speed ch ,spike ch,discovery,and sometimes the food network so i can learn how to make good munchies while watching the others lol[8D]
Old 02-22-2006, 10:28 PM
love those warbirds

ORIGINAL: mgtman

speed ch ,spike ch,discovery,and sometimes the food network so i can learn how to make good munchies while watching the others lol[8D]
GOOD PLAN!
Old 02-23-2006, 06:22 PM
Roquewj
My Feedback: (4)

History Channel, Discovery, News, TCM, Sony and Warner.
If there is a good movie showing, than HBO will do the trick.
Old 02-23-2006, 11:12 PM
khodges
My Feedback: (1)

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

ORIGINAL: Rcpilet

Just wondering what you guys are watching on the TV.

No "reality" TV at all. Can't stand the stuff.[:'(]
Naked airplane movies, mostly Saw 12 O'Clock High the other day, for the millionth time, enjoyed the flying footage just as much as the first time. Thought I saw Ballgunner in there somewhere; man, how'd you survive that?

"Reality TV" is an oxymoron. Anybody on one of those shows needs to get a life. I like Military Channel, Discover, History. I might go to a network channel for local news, but network shows are an insult to my intelligence, mostly. I don't need a laugh track to tell me if something is funny, and most of the stuff is completely inane, just a series of one-liner sexual inuendo and no plot. Don't like lawyer shows, boring, don't watch medical shows because I see the stuff all day at work, and the real thing makes what you see on TV a complete joke. Most cop shows are the same plot with different wierd twists.

Right now I am watching Olympics. If they'd shoot the sportscasters, it would be better viewing. The athletes are incredible, and there have been some great (and not so great) surprises.
Old 02-24-2006, 07:02 AM
NCBrit

I really don't watch much tv, but right now I am watching the Six Nations rugby tournament, and some of the Olympics. I have the Tivo record things I like when they come on, but my favorite show "Top Gear" is not on right now.