Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Off Topic Forum - Planes/Helis
Reload this Page >

R/C Building and Flying = Job Oppertuinities?

Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Planes/Helis Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for airplanes and heli crowd. Car or truck fans have their own in car section.

R/C Building and Flying = Job Oppertuinities?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2006, 02:01 AM
PerfectH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default R/C Building and Flying = Job Oppertuinities?

Are there job oppertuinites available for being a RC Airplane pilot (besides military)? Also, what kind of schooling would be required?
Old 04-04-2006, 06:40 AM
DavidAgar
My Feedback: (108)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: R/C Building and Flying = Job Oppertuinities?

I know that alot of movies have been made using RC planes and helicopters. I am assuming that the only training for those positions would be to be a profecient pilot and know who to talk to. Good Luck, Dave
Old 04-05-2006, 10:10 PM
FlyWV

There's also aerial photography/surveying. My town is growing rapidly and I started noticing an R/C sailplane flying over many different construction sites. At first I thought it was someone looking for trouble, but then happened to run into the guy. He said contractors hire him to do site surveys with his plane, and he is also gets hired to take aerial photos of farms and stuff.
Old 04-06-2006, 08:05 AM
jjglennon

Since you seem to be infatuated with the A-10, why not join the military and try to get assigned to fly one for real?
John
Old 06-26-2006, 05:14 PM
thevinmanfxst

I saw a job on Yahoo! for a UAV pilot position. It was for a private company that supplies UAVs for the military. You needed a pilot's licence with instrument rating - commercial licence prefered...