Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Off Topic Forum - Planes/Helis
Reload this Page >

Richard Hammond from BBC's Top Gear big accident please read

Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Planes/Helis Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for airplanes and heli crowd. Car or truck fans have their own in car section.

Richard Hammond from BBC's Top Gear big accident please read

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2006, 05:03 PM
S E Repton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Richard Hammond from BBC's Top Gear big accident please read

Hey guys,

For those of you who don't know, in England we have a car/petrol head programme on BBC TV called Top Gear. This is all about three guys called Jeremy Clarkson, James May and Richard Hammond 'hooning' about in the most awesome machinery on four wheels.

In Europe, Top Gear is the most pirated show on the internet, this is not a statistic that is a boast but it just shows you how big this show is. I am sure some of you will have seen the show on BBC America.

Yesterday at 5.45pm Richard Hammond was driving a jet powered dragster, he crashed at apparently nearly 300 miles per hour. Richard was conscious after the crash but then lost consciousness when the emergency services arrived.

Richard is improving slightly, he is still in and out of consciousness, but he is young and strong, I am very very hopeful he will be ok. My thoughts are of his wife and two young daughters.

I am a member of a certain car website in the UK and we are trying to raise money for the Yorkshire Air Ambulance Service. They took Richard to Leeds Hospital. If it wasn't for them then it is a certainty that Richard would have died.

We all love our big boys toys, I am asking you if you could spare a few dollars to donate to the YAAS donation page that has been set up, here is a link to the story about Richard and also a link to the donation website.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/...543385,00.html

http://www.justgiving.com/PHRichardH...#donationtable

I thank you for looking!

Bubba