Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Planes/Helis Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for airplanes and heli crowd. Car or truck fans have their own in car section.

What does everybody do for a living??

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 10:27 PM
firestar
My Feedback: (88)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What does everybody do for a living??

I'm an Industrial Electrician 25 years.
Old 04-20-2008, 05:04 AM
Tommygun
My Feedback: (2)

USAF (14 years) flight engineer, KC-10. Same thing KC10CHIEF does, only on a different airframe.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Eb86986.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	933025  
Old 05-31-2008, 11:20 PM
zackesch

i am currently a full time college student majoring in mechanical drafting. i work 2 part time jobs, being at my local hobby shop and seattles best coffee "we are owned by star shmucks...bucks."
Old 06-01-2008, 10:22 PM
PipeMajor
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I've been in Information Technology for most of my 30 years of work history. Done mostly computer operations and networks as a technician, analyst and manager. Currently doing technology project management tasks for the "world's largest central bank".

Pretty awesome to watch $1.7 trillion zip around the planet electronically - each and every day!!!
Old 06-06-2008, 02:00 PM
SoarLA45

I get good grades so my dad gets me new planes Im a 9th grade student.
Old 06-07-2008, 02:22 PM
skyraider71

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm an Aircraft Marshaller at U.P.S. I'm the guy that directs
planes into their parking spots by waving those red flashlights
(wands) in the air. I also put the stairs and power unit (g.p.u.)
on the planes. Our new 747-400's are huge!
Old 06-11-2008, 11:53 AM
TruBlu02

US Air Force Guy here. C-130 Jet engine technician/ Instructor.
Old 06-18-2008, 03:22 PM
xlr82v2

Learjet pilot for a large private charter company, based in the Midwest...
Old 07-10-2008, 11:31 AM
supafly
My Feedback: (4)

I've loved flying and anything that flies for as long as I can remember. I started by flying RC and have made the transition to full scale aircraft. It was on this very site that I sought advice about whether or not to pursue aviation as a career and was told to work hard towards what I want to do. I did just that and I'm now flight instructing for arguably the best flight school in the nation (University of North Dakota)... I love my job, I've done a lot of flying and flight instructing but I can't say I've ever felt like I've "worked" since I was hired...

Thanks for everything guys...
Old 07-14-2008, 05:10 PM
plugin

Economics student awaiting for graduation. Part-time hardware modder.
Old 07-26-2008, 07:46 PM
NVentiveTV

Indie Vid Production
www.n-ventivetv.com
Old 07-31-2008, 02:18 AM
MadMax11

USAF Aircraft Structural Maintainer, currently on F22s.
Old 07-31-2008, 08:31 AM
robflyer82

3rd year physics grad student/research assistant. Luckily there is a RC field right on the southwest corner of the lab
Old 08-03-2008, 09:08 PM
Lomcevak Duck
My Feedback: (14)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Full time student, studying aviation maintenance. I'll graduate next September with a degree and A&P ratings. Also have a private pilot cert and instrument rating. Had to quit flying for a little while to finish school, but I hope to finish my commercial and multi soon after I graduate.
Old 08-03-2008, 10:32 PM
Sergio M

HI

I am a Public Adjuster, I write estimates for homes and commercial property owners who suffer damage from pretty much anything. Storms, Fire, Flooding, on and on.

Sergio Mena
Old 08-06-2008, 07:01 PM
mikey1964
My Feedback: (-1)

I worked as a pressman at a newspaper in elyria ohio for 20 years untill i hurt my back and had back surgery, coudn't do the work anymore because of the pain, i now work for a resthome parttime doing maintinance and driving.
Old 10-12-2008, 08:15 PM
cf18a

Retired RCAF pilot now a heavy equipment operator. Have got a 20 plane inventory all which are in flying order, after I spend hours repairing them. All my crashes are mechanical issues, never "pilot error".
Old 12-22-2008, 05:14 PM
Dice41
Banned

I fight aganist loopholes and corruption in North America. It's a job with no end in sight.
Old 01-24-2009, 09:02 PM
smiranda

I fight Forest Fires for the U.S. Forest Service.
Old 01-25-2009, 07:31 PM
hugger-4641
My Feedback: (6)

For last 8 years I've been an industrial maintenance technichian for an aluminum rod/bar factory. We have a lot of highly automated equipment on which I do just about everything maintenenance related: PLC ,hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical system trouble shooting and repair, as well as welding/fabrication/ machinist/millwright work. "Jack of all trades, master of none" as they say! I Also do some special projects, equipment design and engineering work. I don't have an engineering degree, but I probably should go back to school and get one so I could get paid like one and buy more planes!
Old 01-25-2009, 08:32 PM
rdf430

I am in the lumber industry, up here in Canada, which sucks right now. I am a Sawfiler, in that I take care of all the saws knives, and equipment that is used to make lumber (soft wood) 1x3 up to 2x16 and out to 20' long, I started fresh out of Grade 11, the second time, that was in 1997, I ve been and will continue to work for the same company for a while... till the lotto #'s match my ticket then they can kiss my @$$. even If I change jobs I will still spend my last dollars every day fixing these R.C.'s
Old 02-02-2009, 03:49 PM
wiggles08

I'm the guy that everyone hates when I get behind them and turn my pretty red and blue lights and say drivers license and insurance. Yes I am a cop but I'm not a ***** cop that gives you a ticket for nothing. I'm a highway interdiction officer.
Old 02-02-2009, 05:18 PM
50+AirYears

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Wiggles, I have to admit to having had an attitude towards people in your profession, having had those R&Bs in my rear view mirror a few times, especially the Ohio SP, till one day I was the first to stop at a traffic accident. Well dressed grey haired male had forced a couple ladies off the road on a bridge approach, and smoked his tires accellerating away. Dealing with the two Staties who responded was a totally awsome experience. Just wish I could have given a better description of the perpetrator, especially his liscence plate, but my concern was avoiding his oncomming car in my lane and thinking that the other car was heading for an 80' cliff into a river. Happily the lady driving managed to stop her car against a tree at the cliff edge. Some bruises, a bloody nose, and bumps to the 3 year old passenger, but the driver, who was an LPN, stuck the kid in my arms and had to look after her other passenger, a very pregnant woman.
Later that same year, someone answering his description, including make, model and color of car and hair, struck and killed a 12 year old kid on a bike. Also hit and run.
I know that I used to think the fines were ridiculoulsy high the last time I got a ticket, and they are a lot higher now, but after washing blood out of my jacket from that idiot's actions, I don't think the penalties for speeding and DUI are anywhere near high enough.
Just think you guys deserve the same thanks the guys in the armed forces get.
Old 02-03-2009, 01:28 AM
wiggles08

ORIGINAL: 50+AirYears

Wiggles, I have to admit to having had an attitude towards people in your profession, having had those R&Bs in my rear view mirror a few times, especially the Ohio SP, till one day I was the first to stop at a traffic accident. Well dressed grey haired male had forced a couple ladies off the road on a bridge approach, and smoked his tires accellerating away. Dealing with the two Staties who responded was a totally awsome experience. Just wish I could have given a better description of the perpetrator, especially his liscence plate, but my concern was avoiding his oncomming car in my lane and thinking that the other car was heading for an 80' cliff into a river. Happily the lady driving managed to stop her car against a tree at the cliff edge. Some bruises, a bloody nose, and bumps to the 3 year old passenger, but the driver, who was an LPN, stuck the kid in my arms and had to look after her other passenger, a very pregnant woman.
Later that same year, someone answering his description, including make, model and color of car and hair, struck and killed a 12 year old kid on a bike. Also hit and run.
I know that I used to think the fines were ridiculoulsy high the last time I got a ticket, and they are a lot higher now, but after washing blood out of my jacket from that idiot's actions, I don't think the penalties for speeding and DUI are anywhere near high enough.
Just think you guys deserve the same thanks the guys in the armed forces get.

Thank you very much. It is hard for some people to understand what we go through everyday, being that we deal with idiots or save someones life. Its not just a job to me anymore, its a way of life and I love every minute of it. I wish alot of people could understand that when they get a citation, ticket, or summons(depends on where you're from on what you call it) that, yes it seems just like another fine or that cop didn't have anything better to do, but the way that they dont see it is that we could have just prevented them from speeding into a kid on a bicycle or injured themselves by not wearing the safety belt. I've seen almost everything there is to see in this line of work, and I have to say that 95 percent of all the bad situations I have encountered could have been avoided by very minimal human corrective action. Thanks again 50+ for the words glad to know that there are people out there that still respect what we do.
Old 02-03-2009, 02:16 AM
rambler53
My Feedback: (494)

nevermind, he's probably a great officer to be modeled after.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.