Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Off Topic Forum - Planes/Helis
Reload this Page >

High Level Go-Karting...pics...share your stories and pics...

Notices
Off Topic Forum - Planes/Helis Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for airplanes and heli crowd. Car or truck fans have their own in car section.

High Level Go-Karting...pics...share your stories and pics...

Old 10-12-2009, 10:06 PM
champ48
My Feedback: (23)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default High Level Go-Karting...pics...share your stories and pics...

hey guys,
I race Go-Karts professionally and I want to see and hear and read about how many of you guys race karts also....I run a Rotax 125CC that will put out about 28-29 HP. With the right gearing/track it will hit speeds of over 150KPH! The shifter karts will hit over 200+KPH!
So come on guys post your pics and stories even if it amateur racing..
Champ48
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd90779.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	1293859   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt56707.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	1293860   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk27040.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	111.4 KB
ID:	1293861   Click image for larger version

Name:	Li20975.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	153.3 KB
ID:	1293862   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yu63383.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	135.2 KB
ID:	1293863  
Old 10-13-2009, 10:50 AM
h@h racing
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: High Level Go-Karting...pics...share your stories and pics...

Raced dirt oval for many years till back could not handle it any more.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp42767.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	40.1 KB
ID:	1294146   Click image for larger version

Name:	Av69667.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	1294147   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ty66443.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	141.6 KB
ID:	1294148   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cw63203.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	107.0 KB
ID:	1294149   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qb35871.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	140.1 KB
ID:	1294150  
Old 10-13-2009, 10:57 AM
champ48

ORIGINAL: h@h racing

Raced dirt oval for many years till back could not handle it any more.
Oh ya...what kinda engines did you run? How much did the kart weight?
Old 10-13-2009, 01:06 PM
53derby

[:@][:@] 5 track champships in one year time frame , with 3 track champships being in 3 different weight groups with a 417 lbs kart and driver

310 lights 335 med 385 heavy racing the 5 horse power briggs flat head with engines By POWER BY DERBY motors
Old 10-13-2009, 01:10 PM
champ48

ORIGINAL: 53derby

[:@][:@] 5 track champships in one year time frame , with 3 track champships being in 3 different weight groups with a 417 lbs kart and driver

310 lights 335 med 385 heavy racing the 5 horse power briggs flat head with engines By POWER BY DERBY motors
Huh ok. Ya see the kart I run weights in at 320 with driver and put's out 25 horse so that gives ya an idea of how quick the kart is. LOL
The physical condition you need to be in is insane!
Old 10-13-2009, 09:26 PM
MHawker
My Feedback: (16)

I was the Apex (Perris, California) series champion two years in a row. We ran 100cc single speed karts. Very cool stuff. Ran shifters a couple times but not in races. They wanted me to enter the shifter series or sign up for the SuperKart Nationals, but I didn't have the money to purchase a competitive kart.
Old 10-13-2009, 09:33 PM
champ48

ORIGINAL: MHawker

I was the Apex (Perris, California) series champion two years in a row. We ran 100cc single speed karts. Very cool stuff. Ran shifters a couple times but not in races. They wanted me to enter the shifter series or sign up for the SuperKart Nationals, but I didn't have the money to purchase a competitive kart.
Oh ya. It's definitely not a cheap sport that's for sure!!!LOL No sponsors no ride...lol
Old 10-15-2009, 03:04 PM
SAVAGEJIM

Champ, thanks for starting this thread!

And from the looks of these things, yeah, they really book it.

I now see why you guys wear helmets and all, I found this vid of this guy being thrown off his cart
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMc2C...eature=related

This shows that you guys really are going high speed for such small vehicles and that the rigs you sit on have some serious power to them. I'm definitely impressed.
Old 10-16-2009, 12:57 PM
outdoorhunting

Who runs the TX on these things?? Where do you put the recievers ? Do ya get my drift. THESE AIN''T RC RELATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!! They're neet & everything, but if I want to read about a gocart, I'll find a "gocart" forum !!!!
Old 10-16-2009, 02:30 PM
JL1
My Feedback: (93)

Uhhh, outdoor hunting, the title of this thread is pretty clear. If you are not interested maybe you should skip it.
Old 10-16-2009, 08:00 PM
champ48

ORIGINAL: outdoorhunting

Who runs the TX on these things?? Where do you put the recievers ? Do ya get my drift. THESE AIN''T RC RELATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!! They're neet & everything, but if I want to read about a gocart, I'll find a ''gocart'' forum !!!!
Um lol...this is in "OFF TOPIC" forum!!!LOL Read before you type...
Old 10-17-2009, 12:38 AM
MetallicaJunkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

RCU is about RC, therefore go karts have no place here, muchness in the Clunhouse...READ before you post crap topics like this .....LOL must be the beer talking
Old 10-17-2009, 09:20 AM
champ48

Um in case you haven't noticed this is in the "off topic forum" Just read!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-17-2009, 09:50 AM
carrellh

ORIGINAL: champ48
ORIGINAL: outdoorhunting
Who runs the TX on these things?? Where do you put the recievers ? Do ya get my drift. THESE AIN''T RC RELATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!! They're neet & everything, but if I want to read about a gocart, I'll find a ''gocart'' forum !!!!
Um lol...this is in ''OFF TOPIC'' forum!!!LOL Read before you type...
It was in "The Clubhouse" http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=9179244 when outdoorhunting posted mid-day Friday. It was moved to this forum Friday evening.
Old 10-18-2009, 02:15 PM
Tempest02

im still racing dirt karts down in teh southeast getting more expensive every year
Old 11-19-2018, 08:15 PM
r ward

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ran a kart with my son in "Stock Light" and when the "Blue Wazoom" class was popular. i designed and built his karts,....they were modeled after the "Shamrock" chassis with fully adjustable front end geometry. in my son's last two years of racing he won 23 first and/or second place trophies. in his last year, he ran the first I/2 of the season in Stock Light and the second half of the season in "Blue Wazoom" class and won track championships in both classes by the end of the season. we had to ask for permission to run Blue Wazoom class (an adult class at our track) because my son was only 15 at the time, but he wanted to go faster than Stock Lite speeds and there was no Yamaha class run at the track. we asked the track owner and the guys in Wazoom and they welcomed him in,.... so we bought a Wazoom engine and he went racing with the "big boys". I can remember hearing couple dads telling their younger sons, "go watch this race, Doug Ward (my son) is racing and watch how he runs the track"..... that made me one proud dad ! the track was a 1/8 mi. asphalt oval and 1/2 mi. road course combined. everyone ran the oval in the morning and the road course in the afternoon on spec tires so competition was close and we had to add a bunch of lead to his kart to meet the minimum weight requirement. (IIRC, I had 38 lbs of lead bolted to his chassis, to be a pound over the minimum for Blue Wazoom class !) there was always a mad rush to get his kart set up for the road course after the oval races were done, the two tracks required completely different set-ups, gearing and weight distributions.
an interesting occurrence that happened one weekend is that the owner of "Shamrock Chassis" approached me and my son and wanted us to run a Shamrock Chassis for him, but he wanted us to buy the chassis. I knew at the time that people didn't understand all the set-up details about his chassis and we did, because we had essentially the same front end as his. we couldn't come to an agreement about purchasing a chassis and I didn't feel at any disadvantage by running our own chassis, so nothing ever came of it. that was too bad, we would have happily run one of his chassis and done everything we could to promote them,.....they were a good design,..... and i'm sure my son could have put one in the winners circle, but there was no reason I should have to buy a chassis to advertise it for him. we were beating his driver out on the track, it was obvious that we knew how to setup a front end like that ,...he certainly needed someone that could do that, and I think he just wanted our home built chassis out of the picture. both my son and i were all for it, except for the purchase stipulation. it almost seemed like the guy just wasn't thinking right.

Last edited by r ward; 11-19-2018 at 08:51 PM.