Notices
Off Topic Forum - Planes/Helis Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for airplanes and heli crowd. Car or truck fans have their own in car section.

Lost time

Old 03-01-2010, 06:10 PM
MTboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lost time

Crazy warm temps today. Run my truck, talk to my brother about work and normal everyday stuff. Find out that my dad that I haven't talked to in 5 years was sick for the last 3 weeks and now is devorced living on his own at 60 years old for the first time.
I just had to man up and put everything behind us to make a call to him. Emotions running threw my head about or past and how it would go. Sad scaried adn unsure I make the call. One, two rings think maybe it would be nice to leave a message.
Hello, Dad it's me your son.
Everything in the past didn't matter and we picked up like we had just talked yesterday. The man he is, he didnt talk about what he has gone threw other then not having much and just being alone now that we are all grown up and away. Even cut the call short just to save money so he could call me back on saturday when he saves money.. Like he didn't know I called him and am paying for it..lol
Just needed to talk and tell anyone that wanted to listen. I could go on and on about things with him but will just end saying..
No matter whats in your past, take the time and don't lose whats close to you..
Old 03-02-2010, 03:12 AM
tommygun32

Default RE: Lost time

MTboy, you're absolutely right.

Been through much of the same. Luckily we worked past that and I got to know two very cool people. They both passed away last year within about 5 months of each other.

Dad through cancer that we knew was going to take him, my mom very suddenly and tragically without notice. They were divorced when I was 2, so the proximity was just a coincidence.

Make the effort bro, 'cause once they're gone....they're no longer just a phone call away for a bit of advice [&o] and you realize it's now your turn to be the 'father'.
Old 04-05-2010, 02:10 PM
Thisstrangeengine

Default RE: Lost time

Nice little story, you must continue to call though and keep in touch. Ya see, I lost my Dad when I was 4 and never knew him. []
It's hard to imagine what life might have been like with my father in my life while I was growing up. Be thankful you can still talk to him.