Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Off Topic Forum - Planes/Helis
 Collaborative effort to collect USA Airplane Museum Information >

Collaborative effort to collect USA Airplane Museum Information

Notices
Off Topic Forum - Planes/Helis Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for airplanes and heli crowd. Car or truck fans have their own in car section.

Collaborative effort to collect USA Airplane Museum Information

Old 06-06-2010, 10:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Collaborative effort to collect USA Airplane Museum Information

<p class="MsoNormal">Hello All,<o></o></p><p class="MsoNormal">My name is Jason.<span style="mso-spacerun:yes"> </span>I am looking for ten volunteers who are experts in knowledge of airplane museums and are computer savvy to create a community portal enabling easy access to museum information.</p><p class="MsoNormal">If that fits your personality, READ ON!</p><p class="MsoNormal"><o>
Featured Museum: Yanks Air Museum.
Legacy is important: In Times of War: Vi Cowden.

</o></p><p class="MsoNormal">I am building out a data collection of airplane museums throughout the United States. If you are selected as a volunteer you will be responsible for collecting data for a 5 state region.<span style="mso-spacerun:yes"> </span>Each state will have a maximum requirement of 20 museum locations per state.<span style="mso-spacerun:yes"> </span>I don&rsquo;t know at this point if there are 20 locations per state, but I would guess that is reasonable.<span style="mso-spacerun:yes"> </span>And that is why I need your help,<span style="mso-spacerun:yes"> </span>because you are the Expert.</p><p class="MsoNormal">For those of you who are not part of the development team please post any supporting data and sources here for their benefit and to ensure we do not miss your favorite museum in the final product.<span style="mso-spacerun:yes"> </span>The easier it is for our volunteer team to collect data the better the end product will be.</p><p class="MsoNormal">The results of this effort will be published in the public domain and all volunteers will be visibly credited for their efforts.<span style="mso-spacerun:yes"> </span>At the conclusion of this effort the results will be published on this thread for all to find.</p>

</p><p class="MsoNormal">To apply: simply post in this thread.<span style="mso-spacerun:yes"> </span>The body of your response should look as follows</p><p class="MsoNormal">Example</p><p class="MsoNormal"><span style="mso-spacerun:yes"></span>VOLUNTEER APPLICATION: Jason Wachholz, MN</p><p class="MsoNormal"><span style="mso-spacerun:yes"> </span>My qualifications for volunteering include; I've visited over 50 museums myself. I'm an expert on airplanes <span style="mso-spacerun:yes"></span>and I identify planes in the air by make to impress my friends.<span style="mso-spacerun:yes"> </span>I have Jane's in my bookmarks.<span style="mso-spacerun:yes"> </span>I consider<span style="mso-spacerun:yes"> </span>myself an expert at Google/Yahoo search and can find anything.<span style="mso-spacerun:yes"> </span>I desire to learn about Google maps.</p><p class="MsoNormal"><o></o></p><p class="MsoNormal">Requirements for Volunteers:</p><p class="MsoNormal">1) active Google account</p><p class="MsoNormal">2) familiar with Google maps interface</p><p class="MsoNormal">3) willing to be contacted directly through email and Google chat by the entire volunteer group.</p><p class="MsoNormal">4) willing to learn how to collaborate within a Google account.</p><p class="MsoNormal"><span style="mso-spacerun:yes"></span></p><p class="MsoNormal">Timeline:</p><p class="MsoNormal">To eliminate the wondering, for those visiting this thread, <span style="mso-spacerun:yes"></span>whether this project is just continuing to go on and on with no end, a time line is established.<span style="mso-spacerun:yes"> </span>Please check back frequently for updates.</p><p class="MsoNormal"><o></o></p><p class="MsoNormal">12 June 2010<span style="mso-spacerun:yes"> </span>Volunteer Application closure date.
Thank you everyone for you expressed interest in this project. Volunteer Application Process is now closed.</p><p class="MsoNormal">14 June 2010<span style="mso-spacerun:yes"> </span>Volunteer Selection List will be published on the site.
Group 1 : open
AK WA OR NV ID </p><p class="MsoNormal"> Group 2 : open
CA AZ UT NM CO</p><p class="MsoNormal"> Group 3 : open
MT WY ND SD NE</p><p class="MsoNormal"> Group 4 : open
KS OK TX LA AR</p><p class="MsoNormal"> Group 5 : Jason Wachholz
MN IA MO WI IL</p><p class="MsoNormal"> Group 6 : open
MS AL TN KY IN</p><p class="MsoNormal"> Group 7: open
MI OH WV PA NY</p><p class="MsoNormal"> Group 8 : open
FL GA SC NC VA</p><p class="MsoNormal"> Group 9 : open
MA NJ CT NH RI</p><p class="MsoNormal"> Group 10 : open
DE ME MD VT HI</p>

</p><p class="MsoNormal">23 July 2010<span style="mso-spacerun:yes"> </span>Data collection effort cutoff date.<span style="mso-spacerun:yes"> </span>Final data review and formatting.</p>30 July 2010<span style="mso-spacerun:yes"> </span>Public Domain publication.
Old 06-07-2010, 12:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Collaborative effort to collect USA Airplane Museum Information

131 Museumsand counting ... {1001, 1002, 1003 ... }

Warbird museums collection.

Reference Resources:

Warbird museums throughout the USA (12 June 2010)
http://www.warbirdalley.com/museum.htm#mu<div><a href="http://www.warbirdalley.com/museum.htm#mu">
</a></div><div></div><div></div>