RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic Forum - Planes/Helis (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/off-topic-forum-planes-helis-391/)
-   -   Quick Hello! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/off-topic-forum-planes-helis-391/10582622-quick-hello.html)

Mr.Firemouth 06-19-2011 05:34 PM

Quick Hello!

Hello,

I am diving back into RC after about a 20 year hiatus. I used to have cars, trucks, and planes but prices back in the day were high, support was tough, and there wasn't as many people I knew willing to get into the hobby with me. Today the electric/digital market is really taking things by storm! People are buying RC cars, trucks, planes, and helis like crazy! I went out and bought a Blade 120 SR and my buddy got one too. I also picked up a F4U Corsair(Parkzone 44") and a Hobbyzone Champ!

I have yet to fly the Corsair. It was a plane I always wanted, but I know with my current skill level I will definitely crash and burn, so I will patiently wait till I got some more confidence. The Champ is amazing!!!!! I can not say enough how rewarding it is to fly a plane within 15 minutes of opening the box and then to be able to take off and land, and be fairly profficient with it in about 5 hours of fly time! Unfortunately, my Champ is 50' in the tree 1 block away cuz my 10 year old daughter was on her maiden flight and she caught a gusty tail wind that took that plane to warp speed!LOL By the time I took the controller back she was out of range and the plane stalled and drifted to the tree. Big storm last night and the plane didn't budge so it may now be my neighbors tree ornament! Funny thing was when I knocked on the door and explained to him what happened he claimed he too flew RC and felt my pain!!!

The Heli is a whole nother world. I am working hard on Hover and am trying to slowly work towards a flight pattern similar to a circle. It is much harder to control and is very touchy on breezy days. It may take some time to get it to operate the way I want to. My hats off to all the 450 3D guys out there. That is way more power and skill!!!

I am probably going to buy another Champ! I love this plane! If I get mine loose and it works I will have 2 and will paint one a different color and then fly with my daughter. I am sure if she had more time she would of mastered that plane quickly as she whoops my butt in Realflight Sim!

My ultimate goal is to become a good pilot and to learn to fly ducted fan jets like the Parksone Habu. Patince Grasshopper, one step at a time, but that is my goal! I am trying to get some buddies from the St.Louis area to got to Kentucky All Jets with me. I hope I make it ther for the Saturday fighter jets.

I have quickly gotten 3 buddies to buy RC and my brother-in-law. Bro has 3 planes now, buddy has 120 SR and P-51 micro, and other bud has P51 36" version.(not sure on brand)
I am going to try to convert my whole crew. LOL I am a 43 year old dad and supervisor at work and I keep showing the guys videos and fly the chopper at lunch!LOL I may have a whole team by the time i am done. Ha!

I look forward to all the advice, mods to gear, and RC stories here!

Thanks,
~Rich