Community
Search
Notices
OMP - Ohio Model Products Support Forum Discuss products and get support from OMP. This forum is operated by the owners of OMP and your support questions or complaints will be handled as OMP deems appropriate.

Trying to rebuild OMP 47" Edge kit

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 09:07 AM
Spoiler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trying to rebuild OMP 47" Edge kit

I have a 7 year old OMP Edge 540 47" that crashed about a year ago. Its rebuildable and one of my favourites so I finally got it onto the workbench last week. It will be an easy repair, once I I have some wing rib templates - the inner two ribs on each wing panel need replacement.

Does anyone on RCU or OMP have rib profiles they could email me so that I can cut some templates. Help please!

Old 03-28-2012, 11:19 AM
rlipsett

Default RE: Trying to rebuild OMP 47

I just caught your post. I have rebuilt my old yak 47 about 2 years ago. greatest flying plane I still have. I scan my ribs before I build them so I have the templates for them the scale might be a little off but that can be adjusted by sizing them up to the plans. do you have the old kit with the foam core fuselage that is sheeted? if that is ok then give me your email, the yak and edge have the same rib templates, they just have different canted spars and trailing edges
Old 03-28-2012, 11:20 AM
rlipsett

Default RE: Trying to rebuild OMP 47

2 rib 1's or one and two.