Notices
OMP - Ohio Model Products Support Forum Discuss products and get support from OMP. This forum is operated by the owners of OMP and your support questions or complaints will be handled as OMP deems appropriate.

65" Yak powerplant choice???

Old 10-06-2004, 07:42 PM
Woody218
My Feedback: (24)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 65" Yak powerplant choice???

I'm really impressed with the 65" Yak videos, and I am going to order up one of those suckers! I am wondering if a Saito 100 will have enough "oomph" to do the job, or if I need more? I have a Super Tigre 90, and a Webra 120 also, but the Webra seems like overkill for such a light airframe.
Old 10-06-2004, 08:13 PM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: 65" Yak powerplant choice???

Overkill Webra 1.20? Nah i's pretty hard to overkill these planes. There have been a few with that motor and very happy owners.

The most impressive flying I've seen has been with YS 1.10. It doesn't get any better. Price is pretty high on the motor, but you won't find a better 3D combo out there. Heck I hear Bush is even working on a a constitutional amendment declaring engines and planes to be officially married. If so, I can tell you that these 2 will be the first in line at the court house.

The Saito 100 has flown this plane before and reports say it's fine. Pull out hover no problem. Should come in at or around 7 Lbs.
Old 10-06-2004, 08:36 PM
capngriz
My Feedback: (7)

I'm putting an OS 1.08 on it with a Jerry Smith Pipe. It should be insane! I hope it will hold up.
Old 10-07-2004, 06:48 AM
AFSalmon
My Feedback: (3)

Seems like we have two threads running on this topic. Never thought about the OS 1.08. Wonder how the power and weight of that engine compare to the OS .91?