Notices
OMP - Ohio Model Products Support Forum Discuss products and get support from OMP. This forum is operated by the owners of OMP and your support questions or complaints will be handled as OMP deems appropriate.

Yak 54 ARF?

Old 07-10-2005, 03:22 PM
jaybo292

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yak 54 ARF?

He all.I got my Yak 54 ARF last week and have started putting it together.This is my 6th ARF.This one seems to be the hardest one.I would have thought it would be the easiest. The throttle servo mounting tray in the wing was on the wrong side,I made one for the other side.Now here is the big problem.The aileron servo mounting cut outs in the wing are the right width but are 2 inches long.I guess I`ll have to fix as needed.I`ve had $ 99 planes made much better. Seems quality control not very good.Some ca hinge slots are cut,most are not.
Old 07-11-2005, 03:24 PM
jaybo292

Default RE: Yak 54 ARF?

I must apologize about the servo cut outs.I had not cut the covering back.The cut out is big so the servo is mounted down in the wing.My bad,sorry.As read on the profile forum my wing tip also pushed in some with no box damage.I would not buy another one at all.The overall quality is not worth $149.00.Sorry
Old 07-12-2005, 12:34 PM
Bosshossv8
My Feedback: (10)

Stinks tht yours was damaged. I received mine in good condition, yeah the thrott servo tray was wrong...but I used the dowel method with a mini. worked perfect.

My flies like demon, I have flown 2 of these now, mine with a YS63FZ and one with a OS 50SX ring and mac pipe. Both are impressive, and loads of wicked fun.

I can set my snap roll button for a flat spin and enter anytime for a one button spinning "hover" . Love it.

Old 07-17-2005, 06:34 PM
222pc

I had the Ultracote Covering come off the bottom half of the right wing on my 3rd flight. Does anyone know the three color part numbers for the Ultracote.. Can't find on Quique's Aircraft Company web site..
Old 07-17-2005, 09:47 PM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

ORIGINAL: 222pc

I had the Ultracote Covering come off the bottom half of the right wing on my 3rd flight. Does anyone know the three color part numbers for the Ultracote.. Can't find on Quique's Aircraft Company web site..
Are you talking about the QQ 72" Yak? If so you'll have to email Wayne or QQ for those answers as I believe they are neither Monokote or Ultracote. Their email addys are on their website.

Old 07-17-2005, 09:57 PM
Bosshossv8
My Feedback: (10)

UPDATE OMP YAK-54 47" Proffy..

Mine is being thoroughly thrashed about daily.....I would build the next one with Gorilla glue for the wing joints. The epoxy job is failing. Just loosey goosey in front from full throttle flat spins., and the like,,,

and an occaisonal flip over after landing. [:-][:-]

But it is tough and takes a lickin'[8D][8D]

I would love to buiild a super-duper light one...minis in the tail 4 of them , 46ax and light pipe. mini receiver and batts, and no gear only re-inforced CF belly strip. Just to really have whipper .
Old 07-18-2005, 09:12 AM
AFSalmon
My Feedback: (3)

Yeah BossHoss! Thrash that bad boy all you can! I personally like the Gorilla glue the best. Plus it doesn's stick to the covering so you can peel the excess off after it cures.
Old 07-18-2005, 03:31 PM
222pc

Called Wayne Ulerys today and got the part numbers for the Ultracote - Thank You!
Yes, it is a QQ 72" Yak 54...

For any of you that may need the same numbers here they are:
Bright Yellow - HANU872
True Red - HANU866
Deep Blue - HANU873
White - HANU870

Good Luck!
Old 08-13-2005, 06:44 PM
jaybo292

Hey everyone.OMP I did talk bad about your ARF.I cussed it from the time I opened the box.But as soon as it took off. Man what a plane. Like it`s got helium in the wings. Flys super. I`m not a 3D er yet,but I think this plane will let me learn to be a better flyer.Thanks.
Jay
Old 08-15-2005, 07:33 AM
AFSalmon
My Feedback: (3)

Cool Jay, this plane will teach you some new tricks for sure.
Old 08-15-2005, 11:27 AM
Thunderhead

So if the YAK's are out of stock, are the ones due in in Dec. going to be from the same factory and of same quality? I was under the impression OMP was finished with the factory that built the Edge/Yak ARFs.
Old 08-15-2005, 11:53 AM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

ORIGINAL: Thunderhead

So if the YAK's are out of stock, are the ones due in in Dec. going to be from the same factory and of same quality? I was under the impression OMP was finished with the factory that built the Edge/Yak ARFs.
Yes the Yaks are gone. We were originally told they were going be made in the same factory as the Accel Katanas.

We will never be using that factory again and are working on the new models in a state of the art factory. The next versions will be greatly improved. Also the next version will be out to hobby shops, so you can see them for yourselves before you buy.
Old 08-16-2005, 02:05 AM
Spacey

Yea sure sounds like somebody was a little jelous when OMP got their birds ARF'd. I hate it when someone says their going to do one thing and then do exactly the opposite just to try and sabotage someone else. Very bad business practice in my opinion. Just glad the whole world knows OMP planes rock and even though the quality of the ARFs were made a problem by some jelous person folks still bought them cause they fly awesome.