Community
Search
Notices
OMP - Ohio Model Products Support Forum Discuss products and get support from OMP. This forum is operated by the owners of OMP and your support questions or complaints will be handled as OMP deems appropriate.

Fusion or Edge???

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2006, 11:13 PM
Chris-B-chips

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fusion or Edge???

Hey guys and gals,

I recently stuffed up my wildtyle when the engine quit in a hover and now i'm looking for a new plane. I've narrowed it down to these two: the edge and the fusion.

Motor will be TT 46 pro. What i'm looking for is which one would be the lightest and which one has the most rudder power??

BTW, how long until the fusion kits come out????!!!

I'm sure you'll be be able to help so thanks in advanced,

Chris B.
Old 01-08-2006, 08:19 AM
Just Plane Nuts

Default RE: Fusion or Edge???

Chris,
It depends on the type of flying you want to do. The edge is a great plane for 3-D flying .The 40 size fusion that is coming out will do 3-D and it will also fly like a pattern plane. I have the edge and I have been one of the lucky few who have flown the 40 size fusion. As a matter of fact I will be flying a 40 size fusion in about 2 hours from now. My friend Jeff has one of the beta kits that was built for testing. I will post some video later today. I will also put together some edge footage. Both planes build quick but the fusion has the new carbon re-enforced beams in the fuse and a 2 piece wing set-up. The edge can be built as a 2 piece wing with an easy conversion. I did a build thread on my conversion a few months ago in this forum. From what I have read in other posts from Mike at OMP the 40 size fusion should be available real soon if his laser cutter comes through with the rest of his parts.
Dale
Old 01-08-2006, 06:10 PM
Chris-B-chips

Thanks Dale,

The fusion sounds alot more like my style so i'll wait until the kit comes out.

Chris B.
Old 01-08-2006, 08:08 PM
joebob
My Feedback: (14)

If it flies anything like the 90 size one, you won't be sorry. The Fusion 90 is everything I hoped the Showtime would be. It's the only plane I've ever been able to harrier worth a darn with. KE is incredible, at any angle. I'm eagerly awaiting the 40 size one, too.
Old 01-08-2006, 10:14 PM
Just Plane Nuts

I was able to get some video today but it was not a very good day to fly. We had wind in the 10-15 MHP range gusting up to 20. It was a wild day for the profiles. I will spend some time tomorrow night and get some footage put together.
Dale
Old 01-08-2006, 11:40 PM
Chris-B-chips

Awsome!!! cant wait for the kits to come out!
Old 01-09-2006, 09:00 AM
AFSalmon
My Feedback: (3)

Two very different planes indeed. If you want just a funfly 3d trainer style plane then the Edge or Yak is the ticket. The Fusion is a huge step up and will perform both pattern and 3d. Not near as stable as the Edge or Yak but way more capable!
Old 01-09-2006, 06:00 PM
Chris-B-chips

I fly alot of pattern and IMAC so i think the fusion will suit me perfectly!!! any news on the kits?
Old 01-10-2006, 03:18 PM
AFSalmon

Definately the Fusion then! The 40 size kits are being cut as I type! So I should get parts later this week and pack early next week. Shipping should still occur mid-late next week. The 90 size Fusion kits are in stock right now. If you fly IMAC a lot then you know bigger is better. Both Fusions fly very well at what they were designed to do but like any plane......bigger is better. The 90 size Fusion is absolutely amazing at how well it flies for its size. The 40 size is right behind it but again, being a smaller lighter plane it gets affected by wind easier than a heavier plane. Just some food for thought when trying to make a decision.
Old 01-11-2006, 04:00 AM
Chris-B-chips

I would love to get the 90 size but unfortunatley i dont have a motor for it or the money to buy one. i have just enough money for the forty size and plus i already have all the gear to go in it.[8D] look out for my order in the next few days!
Old 01-13-2006, 11:27 PM
Just Plane Nuts

I finally got around to posting a Fusion video on my webpage of the 52" Fusion. This one is Mike
(AKA Salmon) Tearin it up with his 52" Fusion.
Dale
http://www.putfile.com/dcarpen117
Old 01-24-2006, 07:31 PM
kr9x
My Feedback: (7)

Mike.... What engine are you using in your Fusion? Also what kind of servos are you using?

Thank you,
Jon
Old 01-26-2006, 05:14 PM
AFSalmon

That's a trusty old TT Pro .46 motor. Love them and they are every bit as good as the OS .46...only 40 bucks cheaper. Servos are Hitec 635 in the ailerons and 945s in the tail. YES the 945s are WAY overkill for a 40 size plane but that's all I had laying around. You could get by with standards as with any 40 size plane but speed and torque means quicker reaction time for the plane. So if I was to recommend a minimum servo I'd say 50-60 oz torque and .12 - .15 on speed. This does not mean you have to go get expensive digitals. a good coreless servo is great or like I said, you could get by just fine with standard 15 buck servos. It all depends on what level of performance you want.

Thanks Dale for the video!
Old 01-27-2006, 03:36 AM
Chris-B-chips

Thats what is going in mine (ordered the kit) the trusty old TT .46pro! its so easy to start that my dad actualy lets me start it (BTW i'm only 13), one reverse flick and its going! i just have to redo the bearings as all the tourque rolling have left wiht easily 1/16th of an inch lateral movement between the drive hub and the crankcase of the motor[X(][X(]

Now, do i get any notification of the status of the model??????the money was deducted from my dads account 6 days ago but no notification after that?? wat sort of notification can i expect??

Look forward to building it!!!!

Chris B.
Old 01-30-2006, 08:29 AM
AFSalmon

Chris,

As mentioned in my reply to your other post, shipments overseas are done through USPS and not UPS so you will not get a notice or tracking number per say. This is an automatic process with UPS but not USPS. Your kit was shipped early last week and you should get it this week by my count.
Old 01-31-2006, 12:47 AM
Chris-B-chips

Thanks Mike,

I am definately expecting it to take longer to arrive here since i'm over seas but i was expecting notification of the shipment status. but as long as the order was recieved thats fine.[8D]

Chris B.