Notices
OMP - Ohio Model Products Support Forum Discuss products and get support from OMP. This forum is operated by the owners of OMP and your support questions or complaints will be handled as OMP deems appropriate.

Another Hybrid question.

Old 06-12-2007, 05:28 PM
Rick75
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Hybrid question.

HI Mike.
After a few flights on my hybrid I must say that I love the plane[sm=spinnyeyes.gif], the only problem that I have is the CG[sm=angry_smile.gif]. The plane is nose heavy with the Evolution 58 and canister. I want to move the ruder servo from the fuselage to the tail of the plane below one of the elevator servos. Can I do this modification? What do you recommend me? The reason that I'm asking is that I'm concerned about the amount of force that the ruder will apply to the tail with the servo being installed back there[sm=50_50.gif]. Thanks for now.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge95619.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	702827   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fa85140.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	702828   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hm24576.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	702829   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qk21187.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	128.2 KB
ID:	702830  
Old 06-14-2007, 06:46 AM
southern_touch9

Default RE: Another Hybrid question.

awesome looking bird

I dont think torque will be the issue if your using something like a hitech 5955. HOwever I think your going to have to to stiffen the area where you put the servo. If I remember from mine being built theres not a lot of meat back there.
Old 06-14-2007, 04:33 PM
AFSalmon

Perfect advice from Layne. And WOW is that a great looking Hybrid! With any servo mounting remember the structure has to be able to handle the amount of torque the servo is going to generate or it will pull itself out. So if you move it to the tail be sure to keep this in mind. Should not be hard at all and should help solve your problems.
Old 06-14-2007, 07:34 PM
Rick75

Thanks guys.