Community
Search
Notices
OMP - Ohio Model Products Support Forum Discuss products and get support from OMP. This forum is operated by the owners of OMP and your support questions or complaints will be handled as OMP deems appropriate.

Edge 540 (47") ARF balance question

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 04:35 PM
Ernie Misner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Edge 540 (47") ARF balance question

Hi Mike, it looks like the guys are really starting to put this version of the ARF together!

Question is..... since the plans show pictures of Fusion and directions for the Fusion .... is the recommended balance point of 4.5 - 5" really for the Edge or was it intended for the Fusion.

Thanks,

Ernie
Old 03-07-2009, 08:31 PM
BALSABRO
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Edge 540 (47") ARF balance question

I'm not MIKE but start out on the spar and adjust from there depending on your flying style
Old 03-08-2009, 07:07 PM
AFSalmon

Hi Ernie. Not sure what version manaul you are looking at but 95% of the pictures are from teh Edge or Proyak since both build the same. There are a couple pics showing servos wires getting pulled through the 52" Fusion fuse but that's it. All of the manual is written for the V3 Edge/ProYak. But to answer your question the CG printed in the manaul is correct at 4.5 - 5 inches behind the leading edge at the root.
Old 03-09-2009, 12:49 AM
Ernie Misner

Hi Mike, I might have jumped to the wrong conclusion just because some of the pictures in the Final Ass'y. section show what I thought was a Fusion color scheme, there's talk of counterbalances on the elevators, and talk of the hatch being in the left wing like the Fusion. Most of the rest of it is definitely Edge material. No big deal.

Thanks for clarifying the balance point.

Thanks,

Ernie
Old 03-09-2009, 02:56 PM
AFSalmon

OK, I'll go back and check the manual though as I may have made some mistakes in that section. Yeah.....it happens!